Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK Im not sure what this is? My stomach is bubbling so bad...i think its gas but walking and gas x doesnt help so could it be something else? I am willing to try anything to make it stop! Im not having any pain but the bubbling? I do think some of it is gas but could it be something else too! Im 5 days out now!:(

5 days out and it is probably the gas trying to break loose. i had terrible rumbling for about a week and then all hell broke loose and i had terrible squirts for 3 weeks!! sorry, just a heads up for what might be getting ready to happen.

i didn't feel bad or sick, but my stomach was really noisy and rumbling!! i had horrible gas pains and then when it broke loose it got all noisy and that is what happened.

kelly :D

Yeah i hated the diarrhea part! I had it about 2 wks. It prob is just the gas trying to leave, hope it gets better soon, its more annoying than anything.

:)

I had surgery wed july 6! I have done great...I havent been sick and about to drink pretty good! Im not on anything but loratab and gas x! I feel like i shouldnt complain because im doing good but whatever this is isnt getting better and is very uncomfortable! I feel sooo bloated and my stomach is going crazy! Sometimes its very painful! Just wasnt sure if there was a different meds i could try over the counter that might help!

How far out are you? Are you on an acid reducer like prilosec or nexium?

I highly recommend an acid reducer. Acid can cause a lot of tummy issues and weird hunger pain feelings. Most drs recommend for 6 months but lots of people continue it.

what do i need to get?

I highly recommend an acid reducer. Acid can cause a lot of tummy issues and weird hunger pain feelings. Most drs recommend for 6 months but lots of people continue it.

and is it over the counter? My dr doesnt want to give any meds!

what do i need to get?

Yes, you can get Prilosec over the counter. It is a PPI. Just like the ones a Dr. might prescribe, like Nexium. BTW, there are usually very good coupons in Sunday's papers for Prilosec. Like 2, 3, or 5 dollars off.

Good luck. It will get bettersmile.gif

My experience was/is just like KellyW74 above. (In fact, she recently gave me some suggestions to help with the gurgling.) I'm about 5 weeks out and I still get that gurgling for about an hour after I eat or drink a shake. And like Kelly said, often I get the runs shortly after. What I discovered is that anything with MILK in it is bad news!!!! Even soy milk tends to be a little troublesome. Now that I am eating soft foods I've discovered that things like fish and chicken seem to work well. I can tolerate yogurt a little better too and actualy even string cheese. No other milk products and definitely not shakes with milk in them. In the early days I had broth with unflavored Protein, such as Unjury. It's just that I am totally sick of it now :-) So, it may be that you developed a lactose intolerance - which my understanding is that it can be temporary in some cases. Also, you are more recently sleeved so things may just settle down on their own in a few more days. Like the other Kelly said above, the acid reducers are really important. I take prylosec (sp?) once per day. Also, my first week to week and a half my MD prescribled Ranglan, which is an antinausea med. That really helped in the early days too. Hang in there. It will pass. We all seem to go through these various phases but somehow move on. I guess we have to be patient and roll with the punches... as tough as it is. Good luck!!!!!! Hope you get to the bottom of this!!!

My husband just went to the store and got me an acid reducer so i hope that helps! Thanks for the help. Hard to believe my doctor wouldnt give me anything knowing how bad I was hurting with it! Youll are great !!!!;)