Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wahoo Nsv For Me!!

:clap2:

Ok so i go yesterday to catherines (a plus size womens store) to use a gift cert i got for birthday to get a new bathing suit...they were out..so i start browsing the clearance rack (love love them!) and get me some smaller shorts and a shirt..im excited cause they are smaller so that was a NSV right there!!!:clap2:

Well...as im going to check out i see these other shirts that are soo cute and i dont have any like it so i see blue ( I always get pinks or orange or yellow lol) but they dont have any 4 or 5 x...:) so i get a 2 x and say to self" Ill wear this by next year!" and buy it as a goal shirt!:)

well I get home and am telling my mother over the phone about it sna she says "2x?? what will u do with it till u can wear it?? thats my size!" (shes had band work too but is struggleing but i think now that i have mine we will kick her in gear!)

well we laugh and i hang up,,and get to thinking..ill try it on and see just how tight it is and see how much i got to go till it fits right...

**Drum roll Please**

:clap2: THE SHIRT FREAKING FITS!!!!!!!!:clap2: Happy fat girl dancing all over the place!!:scared:

Went from a 5x shirt in may to a 2x shirt in july!! Yea it maybe how its made but i doubt it cause its a fitted type shirt BUT i dont give a damn its still a 2x!!:clap2:

Here is a pic of me in the shirt!!!

july720061.jpg

That is great. When I saw your pics the other day I was going to tell you to go clothes shopping because they were too big on you! That is wonderful news! Keep working and its a good idea to buy a size down...it keeps us motivated! That is what I am going to do next week. I'm close to wearning 20s..probably 15 lbs or so. Good job!

You go girl!!!!!!!!!! I was in 5x in May too but, I havn't been clothes shopping yet. I got a gift certificate for Catherines for Mother's Day but, I find I don't want to buy something I will soon not fit into. However, I am barely fitting into my bra so.....maybe a trip to Catherine's is in order after all.

Their end of season sales ROCK!

Ok, So I'm kinda new here..... sorry if this sounds dumb but what does NSV mean?? Congratulations on the smaller size. I was banded on June 20th and am already down over 25 pounds from my high point. Made an unplanned trip to a local store just before the 4th of July and bought a pair of denim shorts, ONE size smaller and was so excited! I know in the beginning it will go a little faster, but I'm ready for the slow months too. It took years to get to this point and it's not going to disappear over night. I know it's not going to be easy all the time, but I'm ready! Again, congratulations!!! When I get this all figured out, I'll try posting a picture. Soooo glad I found this website!

Barb

banded 6/20/2006

UNMC Omaha Nebr Dr McBride

highest 275 pre surgery 264 current 246

You look gorgeous Christy! Congratulations on your new shirt. It looks wonderful on you. Way to go!

(Barb, NSV means "non scale victory" -- i.e. those little (and not so little) things other than the number on a scale that show progress as you've lost weight. My most recent one is being able to walk straight into my narrow-doored bathroom rather than hind of angling my hips to pass through. I'm no longer "wide as a door"!!)

:DAwwww Christy YEAHHHHHHH......it is no longer the fat girl dance.....it is now the beautiful girl dance.

:confused::Banane20::) shake it shake it shake it Christy:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Congrats on your NSV!!! You look great in the new shirt!! Guess your mom will have to get her own LOL!

I had one today, too...drove DS to church and looked down and realized my stomach wasn't touching the steering wheel!! Not by much, but not touching!!! Yippee!!