Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two people DYING recently in Mexico on the operating table??

Thanks so much or posting this! I read the blog so I started my Internet searching. Since I was dead set on florence Hospital in Mexico I did a google search of Florence Hospital and guess what, all the listing was not of an actual hospital!!! Scary huh! All it showed was a bunch of links to forums and coordinators websites.

When I typed in Alamater Hospital (the one that Aceves works at), the first google listing is Almater.mx and it's in Spanish. Google firsts listing for Florence Hospital is successfullyslimmer.com. When you click on the link for Almater.mx it's in spanish but it clearly from photos is a hospital. It talks about nurses, babies etc. not weight loss surgery. When you click on successfullyslimmer.com it's clearly a coordinators page and shows a picture of "Florence Hospital" but only talks about weight loss.

I'm thinking I want to be in a real hospital (Almater) not a pretend hospital (Florence) if something goes wrong. Not trying to say florence isn't a medical center, but like the blog said a hospital will have a blood bank (very important if an artery is somehow nicked), an ICU, Pediactric unit etc.

Choose wisely. Thankful for you posting a link to that blog!

Nina is Dr. Aceves's patient coordinator. You can reach her at this number 1-888 344 3916

She will answer any and all your questions without any pressure. I think it is always good to have a lot of questions and feel comfortable with the answers that you are getting. Remember this is ALL about YOU and NO one else. I wish you great success with your journey.

Suzanne

What about Dr.Lopez in Tijuana I have him on June 22 and I haven't read or heard anything bad on him?

First, I'm not defensive for Dr Kelly, I'm defensive against total ignorance. I don't feel emotional toward my surgeon. We have not bonded in the 5 times we have met. Heck, in all honestly I'm not even "out of the woods" being 3 days preop. I could go home and find out my kidney was harvested and sold (JK!).

I find it amazing that everyone here truly believes they know of every Bariatric surgery death that has happened in Mexico......all because a coordinator told you so. Cracks.me.up.

And no I don't work for any doctors. I'm a midwife in OH/WV/PA.

florence does have a blood bank and ICU. I was typed and blood was available for me before surgery and I made DARN sure of that. I have extensive experience in the medical field and wouldn't go to anything but a hospital for surgery.

Obviously someone with a vendetta dug this thread up after 2 years. Dr Kelly had a death. We've heard. Guess what, if ANY surgeon operates in the thousands of obese patients they've had deaths too. It's statistically impossible that Dr Kelly, Dr Aceves, Dr Garcia etc haven't all had more than one death. Get your head out of your booty.

First' date=' I'm not defensive for Dr Kelly, I'm defensive against total ignorance. I don't feel emotional toward my surgeon. We have not bonded in the 5 times we have met. Heck, in all honestly I'm not even "out of the woods" being 3 days preop. I could go home and find out my kidney was harvested and sold (JK!).

I find it amazing that everyone here truly believes they know of every Bariatric surgery death that has happened in Mexico......all because a coordinator told you so. Cracks.me.up.

florence does have a blood bank and ICU. I was typed and blood was available for me before surgery and I made DARN sure of that. I have extensive experience in the medical field and wouldn't go to anything but a hospital for surgery.

Obviously someone with a vendetta dug this thread up after 2 years. Dr Kelly had a death. We've heard. Guess what, if ANY surgeon operates in the thousands of obese patients they've had deaths too. It's statistically impossible that Dr Kelly, Dr Aceves, Dr Garcia etc haven't all had more than one death. Get your head out of your booty.[/quote']

I find it funny people like you feel the need to bash the OP for posting this. It doesn't matter if you had a wonderful experience. I'm sure everyone who had a great experience had no problems at all but what if someone did have some problems? What then?

How do you know for sure they have a blood bank and ICU? Is it because a coordinator told you so? Yea, they never lie. This is my life I'm dealing with so I'm trying to make the best decision for me and I'm tired of people on here bashing any negative experience they had or may have heard someone had! I need to know the good and the bad for me! When all these people are posting say, try so and so they are great and I had no problems! Makes me think they are a coordinator posting. Starting not to trust a lot of people on here. Stop bashing others for trying to be helpful.

I still cannot decide between Garcia and Aceves. I need to find out for sure if florence has an ICU and a blood bank. I don't want something happening to me down there and I cannot get real medical attention.

I find it funny people like you feel the need to bash the OP for posting this. It doesn't matter if you had a wonderful experience. I'm sure everyone who had a great experience had no problems at all but what if someone did have some problems? What then?

How do you know for sure they have a blood bank and ICU? Is it because a coordinator told you so? Yea' date=' they never lie. This is my life I'm dealing with so I'm trying to make the best decision for me and I'm tired of people on here bashing any negative experience they had or may have heard someone had! I need to know the good and the bad for me! When all these people are posting say, try so and so they are great and I had no problems! Makes me think they are a coordinator posting. Starting not to trust a lot of people on here. Stop bashing others for trying to be helpful.

I still cannot decide between Garcia and Aceves. I need to find out for sure if florence has an ICU and a blood bank. I don't want something happening to me down there and I cannot get real medical attention.[/quote']

I cannot speak on florence. I was at Almater. I do know that they are a full service hospital. A baby was born while we were there. When my heart was acting up the ER doc came into our wing to take care of me and got me regulated. Dr. Campos also came in.

No complaints for me.

First' date=' I'm not defensive for Dr Kelly, I'm defensive against total ignorance. I don't feel emotional toward my surgeon. We have not bonded in the 5 times we have met. Heck, in all honestly I'm not even "out of the woods" being 3 days preop. I could go home and find out my kidney was harvested and sold (JK!).

Obviously someone with a vendetta dug this thread up after 2 years. Dr Kelly had a death. We've heard. Guess what, if ANY surgeon operates in the thousands of obese patients they've had deaths too. It's statistically impossible that Dr Kelly, Dr Aceves, Dr Garcia etc haven't all had more than one death. Get your head out of your booty.[/quote']

My surgery only covered removing most of my stomach.

Nothing was mentioned about having my head extracted from my mASSive bum.

You really are very defensive. And to imply we don't know how to effectively research our surgeons/surgery is insulting.

The burden you must carry of being the only person with a clue. The only one who knows how to research. It must be cumbersome. *sarcastic tone*

Don't get me wrong, deaths are bad, but the death rate isn't 0 in the US either, but we don't have articles of "Two people dying recently in the US." It happens. It really does. It's terrible, but death is a risk with every major surgery, and it can happen to the patients of even the best surgeons.

How do you know for sure they have a blood bank and ICU? Is it because a coordinator told you so? Yea, they never lie. This is my life I'm dealing with so I'm trying to make the best decision for me and I'm tired of people on here bashing any negative experience they had or may have heard someone had! I need to know the good and the bad for me! When all these people are posting say, try so and so they are great and I had no problems! Makes me think they are a coordinator posting. Starting not to trust a lot of people on here. Stop bashing others for trying to be helpful.

I still cannot decide between Garcia and Aceves. I need to find out for sure if florence has an ICU and a blood bank. I don't want something happening to me down there and I cannot get real medical attention.

No, because I checked myself before going into surgery. I can fax you a copy of my type/cross and too bad I didn't take pics of the blood. Florence/Oasis of Hope is a decent size hospital even by US standards. It's world famous for its late stage cancer treatment. Not large, but it would definitely pass JCAHO from the 2 days I've seen it.

I don't mean to come across as a crabby pants, and I'm likely passionate for reasons other than you think. I deliver babies for a living. I'm still very new and so far so great, but statistically one day something is going to happen that won't be great and will be out of my hands. I am glad I won't have an agency saying I'm on drugs ect. My fellow midwives aren't lying in wait to smear my name when I have only done my best.

I'm also concerned that you think you can find deaths in Mexico with each surgeon, you can't in Mexico or in the states. That database just isn't available. The fact he still has his FACS and American College of Bariatrics designations speak volumes.

Anyway, I'm done. Bash the original poster? I never did. I said the person who dug this up from 2 years ago has a vendetta....I never said ANYTHING about the original poster. I also haven't put ANY surgeon down. If we all choose the same surgeon we'd not have the ease of scheduling I enjoyed with any of them.

The head/booty was intended to be a joke. I know, it's hard to tell a joke in text writing. BUT if you still believe any surgeon has done thousands of Bariatric procedures and never lost a patient, well yes, you should probably contact a coordinator promptly for it's removal ;)

You all have a blessed day!

You do know that Dr Kelly has had no deaths that story is not true. I can find nothing about it on line and if it happened it would make the media and it didnt