Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two people DYING recently in Mexico on the operating table??

Just save up and go to Aceves!! It is worth every penny and he and his staff are WONDERFUL!

I keep hearing that! Complete peace of mind. How much is he these days? Isn't he like $8500? Not quite sure. Glad your experience was awesome. :)

I keep hearing that! Complete peace of mind. How much is he these days? Isn't he like $8500? Not quite sure. Glad your experience was awesome. :)

Yes mine was $8750. It was worth cutting back on some things and waitin an few months to go to him! 3 Days in the hospital and everything was first class!

This link refers to a plastic surgeon who doesn't do VSGs. The patient got a serious infection but did not die, as far as I can tell from the article. It has nothing to do with Dr. Kelly or Dr. Almanza.

Correct, the article goes into another doctor. The hearsay below goes on about other doctors. Anyways, it's a lot of hearsay, it sounds like. I feel slightly better now.

http://wasabubblebut...-us-sleeve.html <---GOOD ADVICE! She used to be a member here but no longer posts. She gives GREAT advice so please, pay attention and DO YOUR RESEARCH!

Funny, I thought of her today! I remember her. Emailed her a couple of times about who to see. She , of course, said, Aceves. There were a couple of other good ones, but they were in Mexicali or elsewhere. Thanks for the link!!

You're welcome. I too would advise Dr. Aceves but that's just my own opinion. I wanted the least possible chance of having a complication because I'm super paranoid about stuff. I didn't want to get home and then have an 'oh ****!" moment and need urgent care. I also wanted to be in a hospital, not a clinic. Thankfully I chose right because I did have problems. Not complications, just problems and it could have been really bad had I not had a doctor near me that figured it all out. Just remember no matter what anyone says this is MAJOR surgery. You have one stomach and one life, think about it. IF something goes wrong you want to rest assured that they not only have the knowledge to help you, but the equipment. This is why I would never go to a strip mall type clinic to have major surgery. These were MY standards and I realize that everyone is different.

I also realize that it is hard to wait until you have more money. I wanted mine done yesterday, hell last YEAR, just get it done! LOL To be honest I just want people to get quality care. This surgery is stressful enough, just making the decision is hard and stressful. You don't need the added stress of being in a loud house to recover. You need medical supervision...just in case. I don't mean YOU personally, I mean people in general. It's worth it to wait just a little bit longer until you do have the money. YOU are worth it. Complications and infections can be very very costly, not to mention the cost of losing money while you're out of work. Huge decision. I was extremely fortunate on several levels. I'm a stay at home mom and that allowed me the time to recover. My family was extremely supportive and helpful (gah, almost too much so! lol). I had a doctor that genuinely cared about my well being and still does.

So much more, but there's a huge storm headed for Vegas right now and it's starting to lightning. With my luck, it'll zap my pc (not really, y'all aren't that lucky! :P)

Renee`

I hear you. It could cost WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY morrreeeee, no joke, hundreds of thousands of dollars, in a hospital, if something were to go wrong. I often ponder that. EXACTLY, I want this thing done yesterday-- am tired of sitting around thinking about it. Good luck with those Vegas storms! Thanks all your help.

I am biased because I used Dr. Pompa at LIMARP, but I LOVED her and i thought my whole surgical experience was phenomenal! The bed side manner was impeccable and I felt as though I was at a spa the whole time. She is certified with the American Physicians Association and located at a 5 star facility in TJ.

Deaths would freak me out too. You are important enough to only go to the best doctor! Do anything you can to get an excellent surgeon and care. Best of Luck!!

I am biased because I used Dr. Pompa at LIMARP, but I LOVED her and i thought my whole surgical experience was phenomenal! The bed side manner was impeccable and I felt as though I was at a spa the whole time. She is certified with the American Physicians Association and located at a 5 star facility in TJ.

I LOVVEE her website. She was my first choice back when I decided to do this.

Deaths would freak me out too. You are important enough to only go to the best doctor! Do anything you can to get an excellent surgeon and care. Best of Luck!!

Thank you! Congrats on your recent surgery!!

Dr Rodriguez is also a great Dr he does his procedures at star medica hospital you stay there for 4 days and its only 6700 .I'm doing great !!!

I remember some SUPER well informed people on here a while back said he was great.

He is awesome I was only in surgery for 40 min he came to see me everyday ..I'm blessed all I can say is thank you DR RODRIGUEZ ...35PDS DOWN SINCE APRIL 26TH...