Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Hi Mandi, the baby is doing great he is already at 10 lbs 6.ozs, all he does is eat sleep and poop.:wink2:

I just had a small fill .50 cc's but it is not enough i am going to have to go back for another fill at least another .50 i think.:rolleyes2:

I agree with Donna D too bad you are not coming to Toronto. Good luck with your apartment hunting hope you find what you are looking for. Yes i hope the medicine works for you as well. Poor Dan :willy_nilly:LOL.

Lorieli great news for you on the weight loss congrats., i wish mine would start up again i just have to be a little more patient.

Maria :cool2:

Donna D, you better update that ticker! You too Maria!!

I know, Toronto would have been nice, but this is ok too. Halifax is nice, although things I'm hearing about its crime level are scaring me!! Toronto is bound to happen someday, I'm sure.

I actually can apply for EI because of 'spousal relocation', so that's nice.

Yes, I hope the medication works... poor Dan indeed!

Hi Mandi

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth about your new Medication. I was recently switched to Effexor from being on Prozac for about 12 years. Wow...what a differance in the bedroom..:lol:.I am so happy to be back,and so is my DH .:tongue: Hope you have the same results.:biggrin:

Bev

Mandi there is no updating to do on my ticker. I am actually a little higher but refuse to change it UP! I think I finally understand what "eating around the band" means. I went for a very slight defil .1cc and can eat a proper meal without pbing. I definately suffer from first bite syndrome and since Monday (defil) I have been able to eat Protein - not of the mushy type - veggies and fruit. I remain full for a good 3 to 4 hours. I have to remember to eat sometimes. I feel that I am just now beginning my journey so lets hope that ticker moves soon.

Can't help you with the sex but I do know my 25 year old daughter is not interested either because of medication issues. You really need to work on it so you don't miss out on any action. :biggrin: Good Luck, D

Hey Mandi! Even with your slight gain you are still a SUPER STAR and a wonderful mentor. Glad things are coming together for you.

:lol:

Wow, that's great Rosi! How long did it take for you to notice any difference?

Mandi, I think it took about 6-8 weeks before I realised that I was feeling different.:lol:Hope this helps you too. I have a very understanding DH and I

hope that you do too.

Bev

I stopped taking the pills a couple days ago. I'd had a perma-headache since I started them, and haven't had it since I stopped. I'm going to start again in a couple days just to make sure it is the pills causing the headaches. I really hope it isn't.

I just found a 'doctor' (she's a nurse practioner actually) and got the nerve up to talk to her about my issues, and now we're doing something about it, trying these pills until I can get my blood work done to rule out anything there (who has to wait 3 weeks to get in to have blood drawn!?), and now I'm going and having to move. She's amazing, and I'm so comfortable with her, and now I'm going to have no one. Since you can keep your old health care for 3 months after you move to a new province, i'm actually considering driving back here to see her while I can. If my blood tests reveal nothing, and she wants to keep on with the antidepressants, I'll give that a try again. I know it was only a couple weeks, but I wasn't feeling a thing with the antidepressants, only the pain in my brain. Uggg... what to do.

I went and got an apartment in Halifax AND a fill this weekend. I'm totally going to lose this Christmas weight in no time. The apartment is pretty awesome. I'll post pictures when we move in. It's more expensive than I would have like, and I didn't get the minimum requirement I wanted, which was a dishwasher, but I guess I'll have to suffer. Apparently dishwashers are rare in somewhat affordable (and not brand new) apartments :smile2: And you wouldn't believe how much you have to pay for parking. Mind you, my only option was underground parking, which is nice, but still expensive!

But with this place, we've got a private balcony, almost full wall size south facing windows in the living room with a unobstructed view of the 'Commons' and Citadel, hardwood floors, a gym and an indoor pool!! The gym doesn't get much use either, they say. I figure we can say we're saving the cost of gym memberships that we can factor into the cost of rent, right?!

I'm so gonna spend 2 hours a day minimum there!! I'm also gonna grow some balls and go swimming!! I won't be working for a while, so I don't have an excuse not to do this.

I'll definitely take pictures when we get there, cause i'm sure you're all dyin' to see everything :blush:

Anyways, I think the next time you hear from me will probably when I get back on track and FINALLY reach my goal, and then WAY surpass it!

Take care you guys, I hope you're all doing well :thumbup:

Mandi

Argon, I don't know whether you read my post on Effexor or not but I had a very bad experience with this drug because of its side effects. One of its side effects is that it will drive up your blood pressure. My blood pressure is normally good. While I was on Effexor I had to be on meds to control high blood pressure. Another side effect is Constipation - severe constipation!!! I also gained weight on this drug.

Just thought I'd update myself here a little.

Moved into our new apartment on Friday. It's pretty awesome! Apparently when they pulled up the carpets in our apartment, it didn't have the hardwood floors underneath that it should have... so they installed new birch-looking laminate. When we thought we were moving to Vancouver, we sold our new couch set, and were left with an uncomfortable futon for the meantime. Well.... my friend is moving back to Saskatchewan, and didn't want to ship her couch and coffee tables back, so we bought them. I'll post pictures.... I'm just cleaning up and unpacking right now to take pictures for Dan and our families to see what our place looks like.

Dan left this morning to go home to Calgary for a week or so, since he never got to go home at Xmas, and has about a month off before he starts his new job.

I'm applying for a few jobs, but not really wanting any of them. I want to explore my options and see if I can find something I really want to do.

Yeah, that's right.... 150 freakin' pounds gone, but not done the good way. I was way too tight, and unable to get to have a defill until yesterday. I didn't get completely defilled thank GOD, so hopefully I won't gain everything back (everything meaning the last 20 or so pounds). This weight loss just seems so surreal, and came very uncomfortably, so I don't even feel good about it, and never 'celebrated' any of it. My band is soooo fickle, it's insane. My last TOO TIGHT period was at 1.2cc's... and now I'm down to 0.5cc. Once upon a time I was at 1.5cc's and losing nice and smoothly, but I guess that WAS about 75lbs ago, so it's understandable that I would require less tightness to be restricted, right?! It's just so annoying. I'm setting aside a 'fill fund' so I'll have money available all the time so I can go up in tiny increments, cause I think that's what I'll need. That is, if I need anything more than what I'm at right now to maintain my weightloss.

I wouldn't mind losing more... just because I like to think that I will be able to eat up the fat in my flab, but who knows if that would happen. I know people will tell me I'm too skinny... but, uggg. When I was home at Christmas, I was about 145, and my mom and everyone said I was already too skinny. You know how people are though, worrying. My ideal weight could be anywhere between 120-150, so I'm doing just fine, I think. I don't think I'm looking sickly... a bit boney in places though.

Pictures soon, I swear!

Oh, by the way... I didn't last on the Effexor long. The headaches were unbearable. I've got a Paxil rx that I'm starting on soon though. Should be interesting.

Please check with another doc on the Paxil as it "can" be addictive and dangerous.... Some docs won't even prescibe it anymore. I actually though it had been taken off the market.

Yeah... I don't have another Dr. And I've also been reading about Paxil, and some bad stories, but I have no other options right now.

anyways:

about 157 here

post-0-13813137126479_thumb.jpg

and apparently that shirt's a little transparent :biggrin:

post-206047-13813136607418_thumb.jpg