Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

WTG Kim!! We can never do too many good things for ourselves. It's about time, Eh?:)

Hey Kim, You need to start your own thread too!! Think of a catchy name, and start one!!

Kim, I too have had a gym membership for 2 years. I have gone maybe twice in 2 years!!!! The last time I went ( I have asthma) I had an asthma attack, it wasn't pretty. I don't have a quiet little wheeze, I have this SARS sounding cough. People looked at me like I was contagious. One man leered at me shook his head and said tsk, tsk tsk. I can''t go back. I was so embarrassed. I'm going to have to get over it. I can imagine what everyone was thinking, "look at that fat contagious, germ spreading blob".

Boy, putting those feelings in writing is an eye opener. I can really get down on myself!

Anyway, have a nice day!

Hey wheeezy and now I know why you use that name. I come from a huge asthmatic family and know the severity of the disease infact my aunt Vera died from it, my dad had it, my sister, my neice andthe list goes on and in this day and age more and more people are getting it from childhood, perhaps our environment i think. As for you going to the gym, I don't know where you live but to hell with anyone else, you paid, you go for you....period and I just came back and stay in my own little world. If people think I ama walrus and not walking as fast as I should or huffing or puffing too much...screw them, at least I am trying. If you live close I would love to go with a buddie and that would be incentive. As for that rude man that did the tsk tsk, well I actaully worked at SARS central ( one of the hospitals that had it) and I know the panic. If he or anyone does it again....just say ASTHMA.. 'nough said to that rude SOB. I also paid for that gym membership spmetime ago and it wil end in the next couple of months or sooner i think, so I know what it is like to have good intentions and not go from embarrassment, but you know this feels better for a change than any embarrassment, I feel a little better already and I know you would too.

Cloe thankyou for always being there in my corner., it means a great deal. Man, you are THE canuck lapband CHEERLEADER for sure! I guess you're afraid i want to eat one of your lambs huh? lol

Kim, I'm at a lost for words and that's not easy to do. In fact right now I can't see through my tears. You go Girl!!!

I'm Verkemp. Talk among st yourself..................

OK, I've calmed down now, your words are inspiring, I still don't know if I can make it to the gym yet, maybe 20 more pounds, maybe sooner.

I worked in a hospital in Ontario during SARS and know how difficult it was, I cannot imagine how it was like to be in the GTA, and worst a hospital that actually had SARS. You are my hero, as well as all your co-workers. I don't know what I would have done if we had confirmed SARS patients. The world needs people like you:girl_hug: :rolleyes: :girl_hug: :girl_hug: .

Kim, I live in the village of Long Sault. Population 2,000 people, the only thing that keeps us sane is that we are 1 hour from Ottawa and 1 hour from Montreal. I doubt that you live close but you never know.

This shrink that I was seeing kept telling me that I had to start going to a gym. She said it would be good for my mental as well as my physical health. This was something that I did not want to do. I am lousy at anything that involves co-ordinating both my legs and my arms at the same time. I still have memories of humiliation from high school sports. Ugh!

But I did eventually join one in order to shut her up. (She was a grade A nag, she was.) And I found that I loved it, much to my surprise. It is women only gym in my local mall which is only 5 minutes walk away from my house. Because my area is a mixed bag, the women who go to the gym are, too. There are short, tall, fat, skinny, young, old, white and differently coloured women at my gym. A lot of us are immigrants/new mothers. There are quite a few post-menopausal women, too. The gym is the one place where, oddly enough, I don't feel ashamed of my body. I think that this is due to two factors: 1) it is not an up-scale, slick, competitive kind of place with a lot of beautiful bodies, and 2) there are no men. Everybody minds their own business. It is all about using the machines, and then going home. I like to stop in on Winner's and Cotton Ginny on my way out. :rolleyes: I think that you can enjoy a gym if you get a good one, and if it is near to home.

Good advice Greeen.

Hey wheeezy, Yes I had to pts who developed Sars and it scared the hell out of me and then one night I came home terribly ill and panicked and called my folks ( mom and stepfather) to come get my boys so I wouldn't pass anything on. Thank heavens ended up gallbladder and then I had the thing out. One nurse died at my hospital and many staff who got it are still off and not the same.

As for you and the gym...GO, I can be your NAG like greens shrink or whatever you need. I wish you lived closer, I am in Hollland Landing north of toronto by approx 1/2 hour. The ladies gym which most superstores have now( good life)is just as green said and in my superstore i see women of all shapes and sizes go. I didn't join there cuz of the hours and with 12 hour shifts i would not always be able to go when they were opened so I joined a regular one with nubile young thangs.....lol. oh well. I cantalk to you by phone or whatever you need anytime and if you want my number or I can call you, just private me. Anyone else need a gym buddy or lives near me...... I would love someone to go with. I go to Fit City in Newmarket.:hail: :hail:

That's quite the SARS story. The staff who contacted SARS, what are they off with, is it lung related?

O.K. Kim,I think I will quit my gym and join one of the women's gyms nearby. I'm undecided, for now while it's not too cold, I will continue walking

Thanks for being a nag

Actually i do not know what they are off with.. they have not talked to anyone since leaving and one was a pharmacist ( really young guy) who was really a nice guy that we all worked close with and liked. I think perhaps lung/muscle and I am sure post traumatic stress disorder, but I honestly don't know all of it, Just that we lost one nurse and a number of staff and a doctor who contacted it and are off now still.

yes the walk/ gym whatever works for you. I find I put off walking and if I don't get to the gym, i just do something else and forget about it.

IF anyone lives NEWMARKET way I would love someone to buddy up with re this band and the gym, but I haven't heard of anyone yet from here.

Hey Mandi, since the 2nd fill you got, how often are you feeling stuck, or golfballing? I think I might want another fill, but I feel stuck when I eat sometimes still, but I know thats my fault. I'm just curious, thats all?

Cloe, I haven't had a fill yet and I get the stuck, golfballing feeling. I usually get it when I eat any type of white bread. You said you get that feeling and you know it's your fault. Could you elaborate? Is it when you eat too fast or not chew enough? Is it certain types of foods? Is this supposed to be a good thing that happens?

I'm still so new to this so sorry about all the questions.

Wheezy, I was told to stay away from white bread, because it is very doughy and hard to digest, some banders cannot tolerate bread of any kind. Myself i have no problem's with whole wheat or rye bread.

Having the golf ball thing i expect is not a good thing to have.

Maria:)

Wheezy, yes and yes. The golfball feeling happens when you havent chewed long enough or you eat too fast. Me, Im a slow learner, or I think my body must love this feeling or something.:frusty: The golfball feeling comes before sliming, sliming comes before PBing, and PBing is the final straw. Well at least thats the way I see it, others may see it another way. I think I'm gonna start a poll on golfballing. I seem to do it alot for than I want to.

Hey Cloe-ball,

I get stuck probably every day. It really doesn't always matter if I chew well or not. A too big mouthful of Water, or pudding gets stuck. I guess the key is to take tiny micro bites. But EVEN THEN, sometimes they get stuck.

Why do you think you need another fill? Can you still eat alot, even though you are getting stuck? It doesn't take long for me to get stuck, and once I am, I'm done, for quite a while. Unfortunetly I've discovered the instant relief I get with 'burping up'. I don't think it's PB'ing, cause I don't HAVE to do it, and it's never actual food that comes up, it's foamy-ness or slime. Ugg.

So... I'm going to Moncton tomorrow! It's for the 3rd time, but the first 2, I only ever went to the airport. I'm actually going to go places tomorrow. Like Costco!!! WOOOO! And guess what else. I think I'm pushing it... and every other time I've done it, I've left almost in tears... BUT.. I'm going to Old Navy. I recall the biggest size I could ever find before being a 20 (pants).

When I bought jeans a couple months ago, I bought 22's (remember, I posted how excited I was?!). Well... I'm gonna try on some 20's. I think, even if they don't quite fit (which I'm sure will make me sad)... as long as I like them, and they look like they have potential to look good eventually, I'm gonna get em. I have several 'inspiration' shirts, even some 'inspiration' gitch (undies)... but no inspiration pants!!

Imagine my excitement, if I could possibly fit into some of their shirts?! Ooooh... I better not get my hopes up! I'm not saying that Old Navy has the coolest stuff ever... BUT... it's cheap, and they have 'cool' stuff sometimes!

Tomorrow night, a guy from work is having a party at his apartment. Should be fun!

Have a good weekend, guys! ;)

Mandi