Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Li'ldiva, I thought that was a nice gym too. Isn't it informative to know your body composition? It gives you some place to start with customizing your workout. Mine was 36.9. One thing I did was start taking Creatine... it helps you build muscle mass. I have read studies where it was given to men in senior care homes, and it worked on them... also helps with brain function! Anyway, I started about 10 days ago, and I have gained 2 pounds :^( but have lost inches, so I think it might be working... will see when I go back to the golds in 5 months. I plan on adding some light weights soon too... Wish I had a pool available......

Thanks for the tip! I probably won't try any extra supplements to bulk me up though at this time, I do feel my muscle tone is pretty good. I just wish there was a way to lose fat only... but I know with more weight loss comes some muscle loss too. I think my plan right now is to continue to lose weight (going for 20 Lbs) then get re-tested. I know you want to go back too, so maybe March next year? I should be all healed up and hopefully have lost 20 Lbs by then. It will be interesting to see the difference!!! If I feel like I'm losing too much muscle vs. fat then I'll definitely give the creatine a try!!

:D

March sounds good, I will probably need another month to get to my goal anyway (at this pace) Slow but steady wins the race!

So....

I am glad that you did the Bod Pod and posted your results. I had been wondering what my body comp was since I always knew I was muscular and didn't think I lost any lean body mass since surgery. My BMI right now is about 32. So for a "healthy weight" according to a BMI of 25 I should weigh about 163 lbs. I don't see that happening in this lifetime because I love to eat (just in smaller portions.) I had been waiting to use the BodPod until I was some what close to my goal.

Results: (I am fairly pleased)

Fat : 34% 71 lbs

Lean: 66% 138 lbs

Total 100% 209 lbs

BTW, I am about 5' 7.5".

My goal is 185 lbs at 20% body fat.

It calculted that my resting metabolic rate is 1750 (so that means I am eating way too much because I haven't been losing any weight in the past couple of months.)

It blows my mind that two people can have completely different results depending upon their build. I am wearing size 16 pants and never went below 14 even when I was in shape. Can someone suck the fat out of my a$$ and put it back into my deflated skin sacks that used to be my boobs? Anyway, I want to get down to 185-190 lbs then get retested to make sure I haven't lost any lean mass. Just goes to show you that BMI can be verryyy deceiving.

quote name='LilMissDiva' timestamp='1313785489' post='196731']

So I FINALLY made my way to the Bod Pod. Work has settled down and after working nearly an entire month on my Fridays off I got one to myself. Yahhh!!! :lol:

Anyway, I met some amazing outstanding folks at the Vacaville Golds Gym. They made me feel so welcomed, and geesh if I lived there that would definitely be my workout spot. More on that later, here are my results:

Fat: 35.3% 64.0 Lbs.

Lean: 64.7% 117.3 Lbs.

Total: 100% 181.3 Lbs. (I lost some weight yay!!)