Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have monday/tue/ths after 5pm or fri/sat/sun until 4pm.....

I think I read that is only takes 5 minutes...

How about Friday July 8th? It's my RDO and can make it all day... it's only about 45 minutes from my house to Vacaville. I would be wide open and maybe we can all have some coffee or lunch? :) LOL this should have been in our Nor Cal group huh??

How about Friday July 8th? It's my RDO and can make it all day... it's only about 45 minutes from my house to Vacaville. I would be wide open and maybe we can all have some coffee or lunch? :) LOL this should have been in our Nor Cal group huh??

Friday the 8th is fine with me, I just have to be back to go to dance class by around 4pm. We could meetup and carpool?

Friday the 8th is fine with me, I just have to be back to go to dance class by around 4pm. We could meetup and carpool?

Sure! Will just to see if this works for Foxbins. :)

The 8th works for me, too. Shall I tell Gold's three of us at, say, 1:00? Then if we went out afterward we would miss the lunch rush. Or would you prefer earlier?

The 8th works for me, too. Shall I tell Gold's three of us at, say, 1:00? Then if we went out afterward we would miss the lunch rush. Or would you prefer earlier?

I think 1PM is great! :) We'd probably have to meet for coffee or whatever before since Kim has to go to be at her class by 4. Don't want to risk her being late.

Let us know how it compares to that website reading! I have an Omron bodyfat reader, it reads me at 21-22%, and the website put me at 25%. Unfortunately, there's no Bod Pod readily available where I live.

Sounds fine to me. Girl day!

Sounds fine to me. Girl day!

Foxbins, and I had a blast today... getting BodPodded and having a little walk and coffee break afterwards. Thanks Fox!

So the BodPod says I have 36.9% body fat....I do not know if this is the same as my Ticker BMI number of 27.7..... I was thinking it was... but now that I look at the risk percentages on the paperwork... perhaps not. High risk in above 40% for women, 31-40% is Excess Fat (my BMI is in in the overweight range) and 23-30 is moderately lean....

I am going back to get measured again when I lose 25 more pounds or in 6 months... I do exercise 5 days a week already, but it was recommended to do weight training.....I walk for an hours twice a week, dance for an hour+ twice a week and ride my bike or something once a week for around two hours.

Foxbins, and I had a blast today... getting BodPodded and having a little walk and coffee break afterwards. Thanks Fox!

So the BodPod says I have 36.9% body fat....I do not know if this is the same as my Ticker BMI number of 27.7..... I was thinking it was... but now that I look at the risk percentages on the paperwork... perhaps not. High risk in above 40% for women, 31-40% is Excess Fat (my BMI is in in the overweight range) and 23-30 is moderately lean....

I am going back to get measured again when I lose 25 more pounds or in 6 months... I do exercise 5 days a week already, but it was recommended to do weight training.....I walk for an hours twice a week, dance for an hour+ twice a week and ride my bike or something once a week for around two hours.

Thanks for sharing!!!! I'm really looking forward to taking my trip out when work slows down some. :) I'm glad you had a good time!!

Thanks for sharing!!!! I'm really looking forward to taking my trip out when work slows down some. :) I'm glad you had a good time!!

We missed you and think you will really enjoy it. The little downtown of Vacaville is really cute. Perhaps we can all go back in 6 months for a followup?

We also asked the guy to figure out how many calories we were burning at rest and with added activity... this is not on the bodpod printout. According to the formula I should be losing a pound every three days... which is NOT happening! I know... calories in-calories out.... but still don't think that is everything.... I am losing about a pound every 7-8 days.....which is more in line with my absolute resting energy expenditure number....

I thought I would post my BodPod results too--they were bad but not as bad as I expected. I am 42% fat--2% over the "Risky to health" threshold. Weight training was encouraged to increase lean body mass and resting metabolic rate, so I think I'll be scheduling a session with a personal trainer to start a lifting regimen.

It was good to go with FeedYourEye and exchange information--my resting metabolic rate is less than 2000 calories at present and I really need to jack that up. Looking forward to re-test in six months. when I hope there will be improvement.

Six months will be perfect. That is a very slow time of year for me at work and would not be expected to worry so much about it. It would be nice if we could also get more of us NorCal sleevers to come too. :) Call it the BodPod party... LOL :lol:

So I FINALLY made my way to the Bod Pod. Work has settled down and after working nearly an entire month on my Fridays off I got one to myself. Yahhh!!! :lol:

Anyway, I met some amazing outstanding folks at the Vacaville Golds Gym. They made me feel so welcomed, and geesh if I lived there that would definitely be my workout spot. More on that later, here are my results:

Fat: 35.3% 64.0 Lbs.

Lean: 64.7% 117.3 Lbs.

Total: 100% 181.3 Lbs. (I lost some weight yay!!)

How I measure up (per Bod Pod Composition Test Results Page):

Risky (High Body Fat) >30% Men >40% Women Explanation: Too much body fat can pose serious health risks. Ask your health care professional about how to safely modify your body composition.

Excess Fat (I'm smack in the middle of this!!) 21-30% Men 31-40% Women Explanation: Indicates an excess accumulation of fat over time.

Moderately Lean (29% will be my first goal!!) 13-20% Men 23-30% Women Explanation: Fat level is acceptable for good health.

Lean (Will be my Ultimate Goal <22%>) 9-12% Men 19-22% Women Explanation: Lower body fat levels than many people. This range is excellent for health and longevity. (Sounds like exactly the place for me!!)

Ultra Lean (A bit too much for me) 5-8% Men 15-18% Women Explanation: Fat Levels sometimes found in elite athletes.

Risky (Low Body Fat) <5% Men <15% Women Explanation: Too little body fat can present health risks, especially for women. If in doubt, check with your health care professional.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My next goal is to get my total Body Fat to 29%. I am quite pleased by my results! I have come a long long way and to just be deemed as having excess fat now is quite the achievement. However I'm also glad I finally got myself to this appointment so now I know for sure I still have some work to do, and well that's exactly what I'm going to do.

The trainer who helped me, Michele was so nice! We went over a few things as soon as my tests were complete. I asked her what she thought I could do to reduce the body fat while trying not to lose so much lean tissue. Wow!! And I have to say I'm quite impressed with how heavy my lean tissue is! So my thoughts were correct that I am a "heavy girl". 117 Lbs of me is all muscle, bones and organs. Not sure how I compare to anyone else who is 5'7 but I really thought it could be more around 100 Lbs of lean tissues. Not only that, per their scale (which was midday almost at that) weighed me in at more than 1.5 Lbs less!! Yippeee!!!

Anyway, we were talking and I was describing my workout routines for her. Her eyes literally bugged out of her skull and she exclaimed that I do far more than most. That's funny because I always feel like I can do more. She said my workout routine is excellent. The only things she suggested I can do is do at least a little bit of weight training 2x per week. She said that is quite enough, and if I'm up to it, perhaps taking some swimming lessons. She said that burns enormous amounts of fat and will get me lean, no problem. Then we met with the Swim trainer, who has had RnY by the way 4 years ago. She was incredibly nice! Once I'm healed from my procedures I plan to have a few swimming lessons with her to get me to learn it properly.

So with that, I move onward and downward. I imagine a lot of fat is going to be removed with my liposuctions. I hope 6% worth!! :lol: :lol: