Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am transitioning off soft foods and have been eating a lot of shredded chicken. Just chicken. And I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of what to put the chicken with? Or any soft-ish food recipes? ? I can't handle eggs still for some reason, but the only thing I can think to put with the chicken is potatoes or something - which is a no go, too many carbs...

I always like buying a low carb dressing like balsalmic or italian and just letting the chicken marinate in the fridge overnight, and then baking it. It is always really juicy that way. I always eat italian dressing chicken thighs with things like green Beans or spinach.

My surgeon's office said we could use low - fat mayo or low - fat Miracle Whip to mix with it to moisten it up. Perhaps if you can tolerate carrots or something similar (non-starchy veggies), mix some in to make a "chicken salad".

I'm still on liquids post op, but we use a lot of this stuff called True Lemon on chicken/fish. I love lemon so yummy! Mix it with salsa? Light mayo? dressings. A1... go lookit the condiment aisle and let your mind get creative LOL ;)

I second the true lemon. It's just like squeezing lemon juice on. So refreshing during the summer. Just mix it with ANY type dressing.

Have you tried Frank's Red Hot sauce? Mmmm I just love the mild heat and tangy flavour it adds to the chicken. I bake it in the sauce and then have more on the side to dip my chicken into.

For a side dish have you cooked cauliflower and then pureed it into a pseudo mashed potatoe?

I had shredded chicken breast for dinner, I put a couple of teaspoons of guacamole on it and it made it moist and tasty, with a little taco sauce too. And I had 2 T of non-fat refried Beans with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top. This is one of my favorite dinners.

I love international foods...how about pairing chicken with some hummus next time, or some Palak Paneer from Trader Joe's. (If you're not familiar with PP, it is an Indian food: pureed spinach with chunks of cheese in it, it is a bit spicy, but that's the way I roll!)

Thank you sooo much for all of the ideas! I will be trying all of them, very tired of plain chicken.< /p>

1) Mix with Salsa and a little shredded low fat cheese.

2) Marinate chicken in soy sauce based marinade

3) Mix 3-4 oz chicken with 2 T. Dill relish and 2T lite mayo for chicken salad.

3) Get mustard (yellow or dijon) and add sweetener to make a honey mustard. Dip chicken cubes on toothpicks into honey mustard.

4) I have a lime chilli rub from Williams Sonoma that is tasty on chicken

5) Slice chicken very thin and cut into pieces about as big around as a cucumber. Make "sandwiches" using two thin slices of cucumber with a piece of chicken between them.

I would layer that shredded chicken with some fat free shredded cheese and refried (canned or home made) Beans, layer it up put in in the oven in a casserole take it out of the oven put some fat free greek youghurt and salsa (and perhaps some guack) and have a nice high Protein (and high fat so be careful, although avocado is good fat) mexican bake - mmmmm:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches