Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't drink anything but water...and I want to cry.

I'm 7 days post op and can't seem to get anything in except plain Water. Everything else is too sweet or causes muscle spasms. I really feel a good ole fashion breakdown about to happen. I knew this was going to be hard, but its getting to me mentally. I will admit I'm having buyers remorse right now. :( Oh and so far today I've only gotten in 20 ounces. I hope to get in more before bed. I don't want to wallow in my pity but today is a hard day.

So sorry that you are having such a hard time. I promise you though, it does get better. Have you spoken with your surgeon regarding this? That does seem to be a pretty small amount of Fluid for one week post op. Have you tried the Isopure? I will say a prayer for you that your tum will start healing quickly.

Does your dr. know? There are meds out there for the spasams and if you have not told him, you really should. I am sure you have been told, but it REALLY will get better. A lot of people have had this issue and it gets better, I promise! You WILL love your sleeve one day!! It is just hard in the beginning. Keep doing what you can, when the swelling goes down day by day, you will see that you are able to get more fluids in, but seriously try to drink. You need to stay hydrated.

Hugs,

Kelly :)

I'm 7 days post op and can't seem to get anything in except plain Water. Everything else is too sweet or causes muscle spasms. I really feel a good ole fashion breakdown about to happen. I knew this was going to be hard, but its getting to me mentally. I will admit I'm having buyers remorse right now. :( Oh and so far today I've only gotten in 20 ounces. I hope to get in more before bed. I don't want to wallow in my pity but today is a hard day.

awww girl :( I felt like you.. JUST like you 1 wk ago. Except I was the opposite. I couldnt drink Water. Crystal light and everything else went down fine.. but water made me burp, hiccup etc etc u name it. I found that the more i drank, the more I was thirsty and wanted to drink. Keep pushing... it doesnt feel like it now, but it will get so much better in another week. I am 2 wks post op today.. and I have no problem with drinking all day long. I never thought this day would come....... but it does! Smile :)

Tamara

I was feeling the same way a little over a week ago...and now I am 2 weeks post-op and on the upswing of things. Everyone is different in their post-op, but it does get better. I was absolutely miserable and couldn't believe I'd done what I did...but time does heal, physically & emotionally! Just the past five days or so have been a huge improvement for me since my surgery on June 8.

Good advice to check in with dr. They gave me valium for spasms and it helped tremendously.

Hang in there...and feel better =)

That really worries me cause I'm scheduled to come back to work exactly a week after surgery. I'm a hair dresser so I stand a lot at work. No lifting. But if I'm running on Water only then I'm gonna have no energy. Hope u get better soon.

I'm almost to 40oz tonight so that is improvement. I'm exhausted from everything surgery related and 0 calories isn't helping at all. Thank everyone for your input. BTW today is my little girl's 8th birthday and I wish I felt like doing something. I'm not released to drive and we are all going stir crazy.

Have you tried doing 100% no sugar added juice, severely watered down? It will give it a little bit of flavor, not enough calories to figure in and might even help get the plumbing moving again if it hasn't already.

I was amazed but since being sleeved a week ago, EVERYTHING is too sweet except for natural juices - those watered down are just delicious. My favorite is no sugar added grape juice watered down.

Hang in there. Every day after about the fourth day really does get a smidge better and better.

try Decaf unsweetened tea. I'm glad your getting better with liquids because dehydration feels much worse than what you are feeling now. You should be feeling a little better every day. Good Luck and don't worry...your body will get used to the new stomach and before you know it, you will be feeling better. :)

I just talked to my doctor and I'm on Clear Liquids until I go see them on Monday. I tried to drink a Protein Shake and my stomach FREAKED out. Horrible spasms, nausea, burping like crazy. I can try some diluted no sugar added fruit juice if I'm feeling weak. Mentally I'm better today, especially since I talked to them. I just pray this passes quickly.