Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of us have NOT had major problems with the band?

My only issue w/ the band has been getting too big of a fill and needing an unfill 2 times. I gor dehydrated those two time and it sucks but thats the only issues I've had thus far~

I had about 6 months of reflux which I was able to treat fairly well with over the counter meds and not eating before bed. That's all. And it's been 4 years this month!

ETA: I lost over 60 pounds with no fill and have had to have about 1 fill per year. I also had a very healthy pregnancy and baby with the band!

I'm only at 5 mos out - but I haven't had a single problem. No reflux, no heartburn - not so much as a PB.

It's not QUICK - but for me it has been entirely painless, and effortless (which is why it hasn't been quick)

It's all good.

I am only at seven weeks out today and have had no problems and have not yet had a fill. Sometimes I wonder if there is a band in there. I started on mushies one week out and progressed easily to "real food". I am able to eat anything, but I do get full quickly. I can eat about 1 cup of food, but I am making good choices, and with the help of the band I am full on good healthy food. A green salad at lunch will fill me for the day and the extra chewing has made me enjoy my food more. Even though my weigh loss has been slow since banded (2 lbs a week) I am satisfield because the change has not been so great that it impacts everything I do. I can go to a restaurant with friends (who don't know I'm banded) and all they notice is that I am eating slower...and that I have lost weight!!!

Im 15 months out and I have had no problems what so ever. Even the sliming I read about is not anything closely resembling my slime episodes. Mine is not "ALOT" or even a moderate amount but just a little gurgly sounding (usually no spitting involved) and is usually gone within a few minutes if I just sit back and take a few moments for whatever to go through. My slimes times also rarely result in anything more than that, just a little slime time. I also agree that you read the "problems" on this board because people are looking for answers or support or just want to say hey... this is happening to me, so it SEEMS like there are a lot of problems out there, in actuality it is probably a very small percentage.

The only prob I'm having is in my brain... it wants to eat when my band says stop! oh and its addicted to chocolate... sasssafrass ~

I am 3 years out and have lost 100 pounds, no complications what so ever, I have not been able to lose the last 30, but it's OK!

DITTO. My only problem has been being a relatively slow loser, but a loser none the less. I'm happy with my band after 4 months.

hey tzt

i was banded yesterday and i had awhole lot of worries about different things going wrong and all the complications i might have.

All i can say is that i was way tooo worried. Everything has been going fine so far. the pain isn't that bad. I would say i'm having alot of weird feelings rather pain.

I'm 19 months out and never had a problem whatsoever (never got stuck, no slime, no pain, no PB, no reflux...). My only problem is being a slow loser and I still did not find my «sweet spot» but I know I'll get there. It just means I have to work harder than others who maybe are loosing faster than I am.

I don't believe in worrying in antecipation. There are many, many cases of people with the band for such a long time and they never experienced a problem, so why should it happen precisely with you??? I try to believe that if we do everything within our power to take good care of the band, it will do the same for us (I don't mean with this that those who experienced problems with the band did something wrong or were negligent, sometimes problems do happen even if we don't know very well why...).

niki

4 mo. out and doing great--No problem whatsoever except for the occasional PB induced by me eating too much or too fast. Lovin' my band!!! :confused:

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

241/189/150

5'7''