Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My consult is scheduled!

Darcy...I had Anatomy & Physiology...it can't be that hard to suture...I watch ER every week...and with you being a nurse I think we could start a side business...I'm sure we could get a script for vicodin off the internet seeing I get 80 emails a day offering me it...we could make this work...LOL...I have a second bedroom with good light...

I think we are set Jen... I also get a million offers for Vicodin in my Yahoo mailbox as well as a million more unmentionable types! I have Spam gaurd on... not that it really makes a big difference! Let me know if you round up any takers...hehehehe.

*big sigh*

Well... it appears that the person in the office that told me my request would be sent out on Tuesday was not able to follow through with the date she indicated.... looks like the info didn't really hit the mail until Friday... OY... I really wish she had just told me a date that she would have been able to follow through with. I called her Friday to check on the status of the paperwork so that I would know when to reasonably contact Humana and she never returned my call.... I rec. my copy in the mail today and imagine it was all sent out at the same time. Sooooo will wait until Friday and then contact Humana.

I can't wait for the day that all this waiting is behind me. (o:

Darcy

One of these days I'll bit the bullet and get cable instead of dial up. I've given up on reading posts at home and trying to catch up from my work puter today, which is lickity-split! Darcy, far out. Far out a whole bunch, since it sounds as if your insurance is covering this? I have dual insurance (Blue Shield from my work and HPN from my husbands.) Both policies cover the much more dangerous "gastric bypass" but neither would cover the band. So I got a new credit card and will figure out how to pay it later! You've been there for me this whole time, so I hope I can be there for you afterwards. My biggest advice is to make sure you have a heating pad. My heating pad has been my best friend since my back and shoulder have been cramping really bad, which I've heard is normal. Now if I could just get my incision to stop leaking I'd feel like I was making progress.

Hiya DeLarla...

I'll tell ya... once you have cable... you'll never be able to go back to dial-up! It's worth every penny as far as I am concerned and I'd love to see you post more so I'm all for it! I hope you stop leaking one day soon but I'm thinking that it's better out than in! Just keep an eye on the type of drainage but I'm sure the well will dry up before you know it!

Nope... I do not know if I am approved yet. *sigh* If I am denied I'm not sure what I will do. I know we can't really afford private pay so I guess I would have to cry for a month and then move on. I do know that the first thing on my "after approval" shopping list is a big fat heating pad! (o: Only time and more waiting will tell!

TTFN

Trust me, we couldn't afford private pay either. But my husband said "go for it and we'll worry about it later." So I got another credit card from my credit union.

As far as my leaking, gosh, I've tried everything to stop it. I even layed down with a blow dryer on it for 1/2 hour hoping to dry the wound. Nothing is stopping it. It's actually gotten a little worse today. I wish I could take some more time off of work. I'm feeling kinda cruddy today. : (

Okay... now I'm getting a little ticked...

All I am trying to do is confirm that my paperwork has arrived in the mail to Lexington Kentucky since they apparently don't allow faxing of information for my insurance plan with Humana???? They apparently don't have phone services down there as the Humana customer rep said there is no number for me to call to check on the status... this leaves me wondering how they possibly have a computer to scan the information into once it gets there!!!!!!! I am having a meltdown here... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... thanks for letting me vent... feeling a little better now. :D

OTAY... A customer service rep that I contacted through Humana's website contacted me yesterday via email to let me know that my request for pre-auth arrived Wednesday and I should find out very soon if it is a go or not! YAY! I'm going to wait until this afternoon... then I will call them to check the status. Wow... that would totally make my weekend if I found out today!

Thanks Carolyn!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I think that may be totally impossible! There is a part of me that is also a tad nervous about the reality of an approval but after sleeping on the couch once again due to constant awakening with the gasping the follows apnea... I know I really need this. I want to sleep like a normal person... want to go out in public and feel comfortable in my own skin... want to go out to dinner without wondering what the people are thinking as I eat... want to put on shorts when it is hot instead of trying to cover as much of me as possible an being miserable in the heat... want to shop in all stores for clothes instead of just plus size... so many reasons... the list goes on and on.... I really want this!

Darcy

Darcy, I had/have all of the same feelings and concerns and they contributed to me making the huge decision to have the srugery. From my limited time being banded I have been glad I made that decision. Today I think, for I change my opionions and ideas regularly with additional information and from my own experience, that there are conditions that can make a more successful bandster. The ability/willingness to listen to what your body is telling you. Being comfortable in ever changing conditions. Not everyone can adapt easily to constant change especially when it is within your own body. What you can eat, can't eat, when you can eat, not eat. Messing up eating too much or too fast having to go on liquids. It is just an adventure and not boring at all. I think for me it has required me to look at and pay attention to myself something I have, in the past, been unable or unwilling to do before. I LOVE MY BAND ADVENTURE!!

Hey Darcy

You know I'll be thinking of you today! If it doesn't come out as you want ....we'll just have to APPEAL! So don't be too upset if it's a no ... but it won't be!! WOOOOHOOOO! Darcy's gettin' a baaaaaand! Darcy's gettin' a baaaaaaaand!

I'm having a little insurance SNAFU myself. AFTER sending the preauthorization letter, Blue Cross has changed it's criteria, effective April 1st! I need documented structured weightloss efforts for 12 consecutive months! My whole life has been a weightloss effort, I just don't have it documented! So, my PCP is writing a letter, and I do have my E-Diets charts and graphs for the last 44 weeks, so I think I'll be groovy, delayed a little at the most.

So maybe we will be bandtwins! (Mom always liked you best!!) :D

Darcy, I totally understand your insurance frustration. I gave up on insurance and just applied for credit. I figure if the banks is dumb enough to give me credit that I can't pay for, then it will be THEIR fault that I can't make my monthly payment. And they can't repossess my band! If I miss a payment and they call me, I'll tell them they're harrassing me and threaten to sue them for giving someone as broke as me all that credit. I'll plead insanity. MY BAND!

I paid $7500 by using my whole brand new credit card. That will pay for itself within 2 years. My fast food bill will more than cover my monthly payment. I used to spend $7-$8.00 at Taco Bell. Yesterday my order came to 80 cents. The band pays for itself.

Plus, I might be able to write off the $7500 as "out-of-pocket-medical expense" on next year's taxes. I'll certainly try.

Well of course she did... After all... I am the good twin!!!!

Kewl on the eDiets charts... I used mine from the last number of years there as well!!!! Hey... are you still a member there??? There is a support group under the WLS heading there that a gal named Sanda started and it was ALL about GBP/RNY. I barged my way in there and said that I thought it would be important for people to know that there is a safer option for those that can't "stomach" the idea of GBS. I whined when she went to other posts and did a promo for the support group without mentioning the Lap Band and she nicely added to the info. (o: I would love to have another pre-bander there... the dynamic pre-band duo!!!!!! Lets let all of those folks know that they have a safer option! I promise to be the evil twin if ya come and join me!

Good luck with re-submitting the "proof" ... I didn't have all of my booklets from WW but I was able to get my old info from Jenny Craig and of course the LOOOOOOOG print out from eDiets showing my huge weight loss and then my HUGE weight gain. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope we can still manage a bandarama with dates that are close!

Okay... can only hold out another hour before I call... pretty soon I'll just be able to tell them my name and they'll be like... OHHHHH you again. (o:

Darcy

Hiya Lisa...

You must have been posting the same time I was! Don't get me wrong... I am WAY happy that insurance may cover this but if they don't I will really have to think about an alternative. I am going to call in a bit and check on the status... I sure hope I can come back yellin and screamin good news! I hear what you're saying on the food bills... I'm not exactly a "delicate" eater....hehehehehe. I'm trying so hard to raise my daughter differently and so far so good. WHen that girl tells me she's full... I say... okeedokee... then stop. (o: She asked me... "Mom... will I have to have surgery like you and Auntie when I grow up?" That killed me... she's too young to have to worry and I hope to God I can raise her with a different view of food... that's another good reason to get help and get control.

TTFN... glad you are feelin better.... Darcy