Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My consult is scheduled!

Happy Day!!!!!!

Dr. Chua's off called today and they must have had a cancellation because they offered me a consult appointment for this Friday!!!! I took it of course!!!:cool:

Now I feel like I can let myself get excited especially since I've been told that Humana has a history of quick approvals! I know I will still have waiting ahead of me but it helps to have another step in the works!

Woo Hoo... Happy Happy girl here! :banana :banana :banana

OHHHHH:D :cool: !

Sooo happy for you!Get super duper excited!!!I'm excited for you!!!

What were you doing when you got the call?Did you run up and hug everyone?Or are you those cool collected types;)

Let us know how it turns out,what time on friday?

See U

C

Hiya Chantal!

Well.... I was all alone when I got the call:confused: I did hop right on the phone to call my hubby and was practically jumping up and down as I told him!!! Then called my big sister and did the same with her... WOO HOO!!!! I've been really trying to be more patient but it has really been a stretch for me and COMPLETELY not my personality:rolleyes: I could just run out into the street and find a complete stranger to hug... but I think it would be in my own best interest to wait for my daughter to get home.:cool: My appointment is a 1:30 on Friday and it is an hour and a half drive one way so I'll let ya'll know when I get home. I'm trying to remind myself that it may take the office awhile to get the information to my insurance company but at least things are finally headed in that direction! I'm so glad I could come here and share my excitement! TTFN Miss C

Darcy

Thanks Vera!!! ((((hugs)))) right back at ya! :cool:

Guest abutnick

:banana :banana :banana

Yeah Darcy!! your on your way and it won't be long now. I remember when I had my apt with Chua and we scheduled for 4 weeks after.

You finally get to meet that little friend that will be with you, always.

Let me know how it goes.

Angel

Dr Chua (Milwaukee WI)

11/4/03

3cc's

310/231/150

Thanks Carolyn and Angel...

Angel I sure hope my experience goes just as yours did... I'm so glad to have the ball rolling and hoping that the person that handles sending the papers into the insurance company gets them off lickety split! Did they let you know when the papers were sent????

Darcy

OTAY...

Consult done...WHEW! I tell ya... driving in the city could really give this girl a nervous breakdown! The consult with Dr. Chua was great... I didn't have a lot of questions so it went pretty quick. It was cool to actually see the band and see how it works with my own eyes. (o: Dr. Chua said they would send my information as well as his letter on Tuesday... am really hoping to have surgery within the first two weeks of June. I am so happy just to have the ball rolling! I'm pretty darned ready.

Darcy

YIPEE FOR YOU! When I held the band in my hand I said, "hello little friend..."

LOL!

LOLOLOL... why didn't I think of that... I was just thinking that as comfortable as it was on my thumb that I thought we would get along JUST fine. (o:

Darcy

LOL...I told Christina I would steal it on my next visit and if she wasn't approved I would implant it for her in a home surgery...LOL...couldn't be that hard right?

Darcy!!!

I'm so happy for you! Maybe we'll be bandbuddies! I'm in on June 14th!

WoooooHooooo! Great news!

It really hit me when I scheduled my POST-OP appointment! LOL!

Nah Jen... as long as you have a butter knife and a couple of washclothes you should be ready to go! :cool: I think we should all get a fully operational BANDana as part of our hospital discharge instructions... ya think????

Hey Debra... Bandtwins... I love it!!! I was beginning to lose hope of having surgery before July... ahhhh... what a feeling...hope renewed! I know a little fear will creep in once things are actually scheduled... but I say... BRING IT ON!!!! You are a lucky girl Miss Deb... wanna trade places???? :cry hehehehe

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Oh... and Dr. Jen... I also have some quilting needles and decorative thread...