Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starbucks on full liquids?

Ok so I am so bored of my shakes and broths post op. But I was sitting on a gold mine this whole time and did not realize it!! My new fav-O shake!!

1 rounded scoop of Bariatric Advantage chocolate mix (or any brand)

1/2 cup skim milk

1/4 instant coffee (made mine super strong)

1/2 cup ice

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp Torani SF Caramel Syrup

Blend Blend Blend!

OMG seriously?!? I am a Starbucks fanatic and this taste just like one of the low fat fraps!! This is my new all time fav shake. Have more ideas? Please let me know... I am still waiting to try some of EB's shakes but I really would like some off the wall flavors!!!

Enjoy!

Mmmm, that sound delish. I might make that my new morning thing.

I have Torani sf chocolate, da vinci sf kahlua, and torani sf white chocolate sauce that i can do this with for an occasional treat that i bought when i found out i was diabetic. The white choc sauce one may still have carbs tho. Theres many many flavors out there.

:)

MMMMMMmmmmm!!!! Great idea!!! I'm with you on being sick and tired of broth and shakes!!!! I'll try this. I need to get more creative because it's getting to where I rather not eat. I know I can't do that but I am sooo sick of these drinks. THANK YOU so much for posting this.

Ok so I am so bored of my shakes and broths post op. But I was sitting on a gold mine this whole time and did not realize it!! My new fav-O shake!!

1 rounded scoop of Bariatric Advantage chocolate mix (or any brand)

1/2 cup skim milk

1/4 instant coffee (made mine super strong)

1/2 cup ice

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp Torani SF Caramel Syrup

Blend Blend Blend!

OMG seriously?!? I am a Starbucks fanatic and this taste just like one of the low fat fraps!! This is my new all time fav shake. Have more ideas? Please let me know... I am still waiting to try some of EB's shakes but I really would like some off the wall flavors!!!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the ideas Kelly!!!

I have Torani sf chocolate, da vinci sf kahlua, and torani sf white chocolate sauce that i can do this with for an occasional treat that i bought when i found out i was diabetic. The white choc sauce one may still have carbs tho. Theres many many flavors out there.

I made this frap this morning (forgot the vanilla, used a packet of Starbucks Via, and added some splenda) and it was awesome!! I think I have found my new morning coffee drink and I get Protein to boot!!!

hey everyone. im curious are we allow to have coffee.. and also how far post op before i can try that delicious shake.. iam sooooo sick of strained or blended Soups and the shakes..

I thought caffeine was a life time no no?

My Dr allows coffee but in moderation. You can definitely use Decaf if you want. For me, two spoonfuls of coffee isn't a thing.

The thinking behind the decaf is that coffee may stimulate hunger. I believe that is suggestive based on the amount consumed. But to each their own.

hey everyone. im curious are we allow to have coffee.. and also how far post op before i can try that delicious shake.. iam sooooo sick of strained or blended Soups and the shakes..

I am 2 weeks post op and my diet allows for full milk shakes at this stage (full liquids).

I think my post op guidelines said to avoid first wk if causes acid reflux. But with everything else, all drs are different with this. Caffeine actually decreases my appetite rather than increases it and helps me in the bathroom lol.

I was advised no caffeine for the first couple of weeks, then in moderation. I was told it was mostly because of the diuretic effects. Since it's quite difficult getting all the fluids in we don't want to dyhydrate with caffeine. I was told that once I can easily get my 64 oz. or more in of fluids, a cup or so would be fine. I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do enjoy green tea and it was the same guideline for me.