Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In my pre-op class I learned my surgeon uses this for RNY, and sometimes for sleeves. It sounds pretty cool…numbs the area with local anesthetic, lessening the need for IV analgesic. Thinking of asking him for one when I see him in pre-op Monday.

I had one ... of course I woke up with so I don't know how the pain would have been without it, but it seemed to help. Definitely ask about it.

I had one ... of course I woke up with so I don't know how the pain would have been without it, but it seemed to help. Definitely ask about it.

My doctor uses the On-Q Pain Ball. I did not know about it until I woke up from surgery. My nurse explained to me that it bathes the superficial tissues with pain medicine. I also had a PCA morphine pump, which I used very little. I had NO pain so I guess the two worked together and relieved me of any pain. My doctor removed the On-Q on the day that I was discharged. No problem. You do not even know that you have it. If your doctor uses it, I would ask for it.

Neanie

I had one too, and experienced some moderate discomfort for about 3 hours after surgery, then the pain subsided quickly and I just felt "uncomfortable". The "ball" emptied after about 48 hours and then I removed it. I was expecting some pain after that but I didn't have any.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches