Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so its been 1 week since my surgery and feeling a little better.. I am still having pain but the heating pad has helped..I am still on Clear liquids and the only full liquids is greek yougart nothing else is going down right it hurts too much..My mood swings are better, did anyone else experience that??? also I have lost 5 lbs which is crazy to me. how is everyone else doing with food? bloating gas?

I had surgery 6/6/2011. I think I have done great. I have lost 15.5 pounds today. Able to get my Protein down and my total amount of Fluid. I am sick of the Protein shakes already. I am able to take the vanilla and the chicken broth Protein unjury. All the other flavors are hard on my stomach. I have had times when I get emotional and cry. I have restarted my anti-depressant and am feeling some better. I am so shocked at the weight fall off that keeps me excited. I will definitely be ready to add some soft mushy food. When I take my protein, they fill me up and I do not have room for anything else. So if I eat anything else, it must be high in protein to make the difference towards my daily total.

Hang in there. We are going to make it. We have come past the hard part and now the journey begins. One day at a time.

Neanie

My surgery was on 6/6 too. What added to my misery was a terrible cold that I caught. I had a really hard time emotionally around day 5 or 6, when I thought I should be feeling better but I wasn't. Protein Shakes always go down fine, but when I added even the littlest thing to my diet I would get major diarrhea. Whether it was yogurt or Soups or just some milk added to my shake. Gas and burping too! After some trial and error, I believe the cause of the diarrhea was eating too fast. I've always been a gulper, not a sipper. That has already had to change. I finally took a turn for the better just yesterday, Day 10. We just have to remember that our system is in a terrible state of shock and not to expect too much too soon. Take care and I'm sure you'll feel much better in a few days!

I was sleeved on 6/8/11 and i recovered quick. I am getting really sick and tired of the Protein shakes. the diluted chicken broth. I've also developed rashes around some of my incision sites. My biggest issue is that I get thirsty really easily and sometimes don't want to sip and just want to gulp it down buy i get nausea when I do. I've lost 24lbs since the surgery. So in the weightloss dept im knocking it out.

I just want to be able to at least gulp it without having to sip.

I had sx on 6/7/11 and am down 11 lbs as of Tuesday, maybe more I only weigh myself weekly. I too am tired of the Protein Shakes. I've been having creamed Soup, pureed and strained with unflavored Protein added in. Pretty good. I too find that im thirsty for Water and can't quite quench my thirst. I'm 10 days out and have a total of 5 weeks on this. Uggh please go quickly. I'm suffering from sinus/cold issues, coughing, sore throat, stuffy/runny nose. Does anyone know what meds are ok to take? My doc said tylenol.

I had sx on 6/7/11 and am down 11 lbs as of Tuesday, maybe more I only weigh myself weekly. I too am tired of the Protein shakes. I've been having creamed Soup, pureed and strained with unflavored Protein added in. Pretty good. I too find that im thirsty for Water and can't quite quench my thirst. I'm 10 days out and have a total of 5 weeks on this. Uggh please go quickly. I'm suffering from sinus/cold issues, coughing, sore throat, stuffy/runny nose. Does anyone know what meds are ok to take? My doc said tylenol.

I had already caught a cold while I was in the hospital from the VSG. In the hospital they gave me Tylenol and Sudafed...so I continued taking it after I got home.

My surgery was 6/9/11. I am doing ok for the most part I guess. I am ready to start mushies that much I know for sure lol .. I am sick of pudding, cream of wheat, and applesauce.. and greek yogurt I LOVED before .. now I cant even stand to smell it :/

I bought regular vegetable Soup yesterday, and some italian wedding vegetable, and minestrone .. all the Light version. I tried the Vegetable one today and did it in the blender. SO GOOD. Dr said its more than fine as long asthere are no chunks. I dont know about you all but creamed Soups made me gag after surgery.. the creaminess in anything is not appealing to me anymore.

Im having some pain in the area where my draining tube was.. feels like muscle pain.. so im not worried about it for now. Other than that... its going ok for the most part. I cant wait to start mashed potatoes!!!!!