Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life changing moments

As of today, I have gone from a size 52 waist to a size 38 since January of this year (approaching 80 lbs. lost). I now can get back in clothes that fit me in late 80’s (post disco stuff). Well instead of going out buy new expensive clothes I started dressing in the old 1980’s and 1990’s apparels. Hey, they fit; I am saving money, feeling good, what else is there to worry about – right. Wrong, my 20 year old son mentioned to me, a young lady asked him had I been away to prison because my style of clothes looks like I just got out of jail and have not kept up the latest fashions. That kind of burned my grits, not being a slave to new styles and wanting to save a few bucks in these rough times caused me rethink my logic toward new clothing.

New jeans, cool shirts, and of course nice foot ware, why not get a few custom made shirts for a tailored suit for Father’s Day. Life changing moments is what's all about with us sleever’s. May all of our problems be so good? Also, I am not an ex-convict (smile).

Take care.

Ha ha ha! That is hillarious! Are you "lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground"? JK! Hey, I'll take the convict look anyday. Go to Walmart and buy yourself a couple pairs of jeans, they're pretty cheap there. Congrats on your weight loss too, that is just awesome!!!:lol: Lisa

Thank you for the post and giggles. Guess we all need to think about our "new" style seriously. :)

love the story. . . but really, i personally wouldn't have cared what that young woman said . . . she is probably one of those divas that have to have all the latest fashions. . . i wear all my 80's stuff and you know what? I get told i look really cool. . . if you look into some of the magazines, you'll notice those styles are coming back in. . . but oh well. . . don't throw them out quite yet. . . know what looks really weird? A 50 year old woman wearing her 20 year old daughters clothes from American Eagle, Wet Seal, etc. . . now that looks weird. . . but like you, hey they fit and i'm a tight wad and work too hard for my money to spend on clothes right now. . . hehehe. . . i say wear whats comfortable who cares what others think anyhow. . . your here to please yourself not the jones. . . good luck!

I LOL'D in real lifebiggrin.giflaugh.gif Congrats on your weightloss

Oh my gosh that is a funny story! I agree, go buy some new things and maybe you can still mix and match so you don't scream 1989 with your clothing.;)

Thanks everyone for the nice replies.

lash44

Haha! I like 80's fashion! But you really do deserve to treat yourself to some new stuff! The main thing is, you feel good in your clothes. Congrats on the weight loss!

:)

Thanks

80 fashions is cool, some stuff I like but others needs to be replace. You are correct, I should treat myself to new clothes. I have a new look, a new body and a new attitude.

Thanks

Haha! I like 80's fashion! But you really do deserve to treat yourself to some new stuff! The main thing is, you feel good in your clothes. Congrats on the weight loss!

:)

Bless your heart - I just cackled SO loudly!! But congrats on being able to fit into the clothes (that you need to donate)!!! :D