Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

will the weight loss speed up again?

Hey everyone- I'm 5 months out and have been losing well and consistently. I'm a bit nervous as I'm starting a beauty therapy course in less than three months (which involves us waxing each other's legs in week 2!) and I can tell I'm getting nervous as I'm impatient with my weight loss.

I have another 70 odd pounds to go and it's been crawling over the last three weeks. It's been one pound, then one pound, then almost two. I guess it's not that bad but I'm imagining how slow that will be if it carries on at just a pound a week every week.

Did you guys have moments of slow, crawling weight loss followed by sporadic quick weight loss?

I eat 800-1100 a day. I have only healthy foods, mainly protein; which is more that carb intake. I also exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes and I change things up a lot.

The two issues I have are a lack of periods, which had led to some odd bloating issues over the last two weeks. On the first week I went down one pound and put on two and it took me 6 days to lose all three! A bit manic...

Hello,

I too am at the 5 month mark, well 5 1/2!... I weigh myself once a week, and have not lost a pound since the first of June. I havent changed a thing, my Protein intake, calorie intake, Water intake and exercise have all been within goals of where they should be. I thought possibly I could shake this stahl if I kicked in more Water intake, I also exercised every day this week instead of 5-6 days and today was weigh in day and nothing.. totally same weight for two weeks.

I have a confession, I would read others posts about a stahl and I instantly thought the person has changed something, they are not watching calories, or carbs... they have done something different in order to NOT lose any weight..... I did suspect others with stahls of goofing off, not sticking to the guidelines... and now here I am, sticking to the guidelines and then some but not showing a loss on the scales. Karma!

It is very, very hard, but I am trying to convince myself to not worry about it, stay on track and keep doing the same and it will show eventually.... I hope I am right! You asked about slow weeks, then a good week, and I have had that in the past 5 months.. one time I only lost 1 pound that week and the next week I lost 5 pounds!!! Hang in there and Good luck sleeve sister!

must be something about the 5 month mark, i've only lost 3lbs in the last 4 weeks! I stalled for 18 days then lost 3 in 2 days and then nothing in the 7 days since. I hope someone is going to tell us its common and our weight will fall off next month! I still have a long way to go and at this rate i will never get to goal.

This article about the chemistry of stalls might help- it does a great job of explaining what is happening and reassuring you that you are still losing.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Glad to see I'm not alone... 5 months out and I have been up and down the last 3 pounds for at least 2 weeks. In the 220s for a months. :-(

4.5 weeks have only been able to loose 4.2 lbs. Clearly I am doing something wrong. No one has had a stall this long that post on this forum. Going to try and rethink everything about my diet and move to a strength training routing. Rather bummed today. Lost 35 lbs in the first 3 weeks. then the stall hit.