Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SWEATING all the time.....

I am getting sleeved on June 27th.....Can someone tell me if I will quit sweating all the time. I have low thyroid and high prolactin levels. I also have PCOS. Of course, I live in Texas and the temp here is triple digits everyday, but this is ridiculous..... even in 72 degree air conditioned house I am dripping. Can anyone out there relate?????? I am hoping that after the surgery, i will get rid of the excess ghrelin and it will go away.....

Yep I can relate, I used to sweat loads, even though it's hardly ever hot here in England. Now I stopped sweating, and I get really really cold sometimes, a lot of sleevers experience cold when they start losing weight :D

I live in the tropics of Louisiana. I was sleeved June 1st and am amazed how much more I can tolerate the heat. Before sleeve - I hated to even walk from the house to the car and that was under the garage! I had to walk a college campus yesterday and had no sweat worth mentioning. I definitely feel cooler. I have lost 21 pounds and things are looking better every day.

I live in Alabama, so heat is nothing new for me. But this sweating is. Like you, I have low thyroid and don't know if it's related to that or some of my meds. But I sweat ALL OF THE TIME! I've even had a woman in Walmart ask me if it was raining because I was in the bathroom wiping the back of my head with a paper towel. My hair is short, but I've recently had the back of it shaved close to my head, thinking people at least wouldn't be able to see the sweat if my hair was gone (this is really the only place I sweat). At work, I have a fan on my desk, but if the air conditioner is not at 70 degrees or below, I burn up. I'm backed up on some filing, but when I go in that room (which is hot to everybody), I pour sweat. I'm a Social Worker who is the Family Planning worker at the Health Department. By the time I get home from work, you'd think I was a consruction worker- makeup off my face and my hair looks like I just woke up. It's embarrassing! Trying on clothes makes me pour and I'm always embarrassed to have to go the counter to pay because by then, I'm soaked.

I, too, hope that this surgery helps with this. I freeze my family in the house because I stay hot! Thing is, I used to never sweat and would have to be given Water and sports drinks in school since my body wouldn't cool down by sweating. I guess I'm making up for lost time!

Both non exertion sweating and ankle swelling are a thing of the past!

Lol, I am starting to feel that one. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to not having my own personal sprinkler system.

I have always hated heat because a) legs rubbing together B) little sleeveless tops and dresses I couldn't wear c) sweating..

Now I love it! I have lost 107lb and get freezing cold without my fat blanket so welcome the heat. I put on my tank top and shorts and go walking or running in the heat now!

I suffered from hyper hydrosis (excessive sweating) all my life, even a skinny little child I would bust out in a sweat at the slightest amount of effort, even cold northern weather had no effect and I often got hot and sweaty and soaked to the skin in the middle of winter while doing anything - including walking - out doors in the winter. Of course getting fat just made it that much worse.

The effects of my heat sensitivity post-op are nothing short of dramatic. I no longer sweat excessively just what I would consider a normal amount and I no longer get red i the face either and to tell you the truth I don't even really feel uncomfortable in the heat. We went motorcycle riding yesterday in nearly 90 degree heat, something I would of avoided like the plague in years prior. I was comfortable and felt fine. When we stopped for supper I was just the slightest bit sweaty, most of which I got from sitting in traffic the last few miles heading for the restaurant.

I pile the blankets on at night and use my electric bed pad every night - even so far this early summer. I used to always have a fan blowing at night in bed and all day at work, not any more. Every morning I used to have to leave the bad covers turned down to allow the sheets to dry from my sweat. Our darker sheets often had a ring of salt around them every morning too.

I've not read much on what could cause such an immediate and complete reversal of this life long issue. The only thing I can even seem to consider is that severing of the lower part of the vagas nerve that was on the portion of the part of my stomach that was removed. I've read where severing this nerve can stop hyper hydrosis but it is typically up near the heart and not down in the abdomen at the lower stomach. I wish I knew the answer but am glad for the results non the less.

Personally, this is the thing I am looking forward to the MOST. Sure, the weight loss will be nice, but I really, really want to stop breaking out in a sweat after 5 minutes of standing and be able to walk more than 1/2 a block without loosing my breath and dripping with sweat.

Today, I walked from my hotel one block to a restaurant to eat (after deciding that the real restaurant I wanted to eat at was too far - another 3 blocks). It was in the high 50's in Boston today. I did not have a coat (silly me forgot it when I left Cinci). At one block, I was winded and dripping in sweat!

Part of the reason I don't exercise is because when I get sweating like that, I can't stand it. I'm just TOO hot.

So, yes, I am really looking forward to this "side effect"!

I'm also in the swelters of southern Louisiana. Being perimenopausal, there was nothing I liked LESS than having to step foot outside my air conditioned house. Now, having lost 42 pounds, I can personally testify that not only am I much more comfortable outside, but I don't sweat nearly as much while working or walking as before--my head stays dry, whereas before, I would literally be dripping from the ends of my hair (gross, I know, but only my head seems to sweat!). My husband is also a sleever, and we have upped our thermostat to 78 this summer, which still seems really cool to me--but it's a miracle that 2 formerly 300+ people are now kind of chilly!!

I welcome getting into the sun-warmed car--it feels nice. :-)

Meg

Isn't it amazing? I would walk around in the winter with my coat open because I would sweat so bad. I remember a trip to London in January and walked around the city with my jacket wide open because closed I would sweat so bad. I could never ever sleep at night in the summer because it would be too hot and I would sweat all night long. Now, just the opposite of everything, cold a lot more and actually where a fleece jacket around the office and at home because I get cold LOL. Don't care how or why but sure am glad it is!

lso have pcos and i sweat all the time too! i am hoping after getting sleeved in july that will stop so i dont have to be self conscious about it! u will have to update us after your surgery!