Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No support on this Journey

I am down 106 pounds! I have been on this journey since June of 2010. I took off 50 pounds pre surgery and and 56 since Nov 2010. It is getting harder to take off every ounce.

With the exception of this board, a couple of co workers and couple of great woman I have met on this board I have done it ALONE and i ultimately responsible for myself.

So why this post tonight??? I guess watching Exreem make over, an email from Dr Oz about vanity sizing and Rachel Rays Show today about people who lost " Without going under the knife" I am fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am married to and extremely obese husband 410 plus and can do more that work and go out to eat in a day, I have recieved only one compliment from him. I am making HIM look bad! F U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes I mean that! I mean really?????? It speaks volumes to the so called US and why he felt safe marrying the fat girl!

I have nothing but disgust left as he shovels down a triple bacon cheeseburger and waddles up to bed moaning about the pain he is in.. (Cold b***h or seeing reality for the first time?)

Dr. Oz I want to see one of you "healthy shows "following" one of your folks who keep it off.

Rachel, what every became of you Teen Kristina????? Nuff Said!

Extreme make over tonight,, that kid needs to grow a pair, stop pouting and were is he at now????????????????????????????????????????????????

YES I had surgery! NO it was NOT the easy way out! Yes I need the tool!, YES I had to learn new eating habits! Yes I excersise my ASS off literally! 10 years from now I will be healthy weight wise, where will your folds be Dr. OZ, Rachel, and Extreme makeover???

Oh I so agree! First of all HOORAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

I also sympathize about your husband - I don;t know what I would do if my husband was morbidly obese and would not accompany me on this journey. I think you two might need some counseling about this because there is no way you should have to watch him eat himself to an early death.

This whole thing of thinking WLS is the easy way out just burns me! This month has been extremely difficult for me and I will be working really hard to lose the weight, regardless of how big my stomach is.

Myrori, you rock! Especially in such a shitty situation. 106 lbs lost… that is amazing! And it's mostly you, just a little bit the sleeve. That's what we know that the "not going under the knife" people don't know. Ha. The easy way, right? RIGHT! How many weeks of liquid and mushies and endless different types of bland Protein and acid and diarrhea and Constipation and... well, you know. Not to mention the crap that we have to go thru BEFORE surgery.

Seriously, you rule. Pat yourself on the back. 106lbs is a whole person you lost.

As for your husband... I'm so sorry. Sometimes people really don't love us for who we are (and especially who we are becoming), but how we reflect on them :(

CONGRATS MYRORI!!!! Great weight loss!!!!

Gheeze I see on your ticker you are less than 20 pounds from you goal, that has to fee so good!

As hard as it is we have to try to ignore peoples opinions on our choice of "going under the knife", most of them are to stubborn or ignorant to see why our choice was the right one for us.

Mama always said: "Stupid is as stupid does".... gotta love Forrest Gump! :lol:

Wow!! That's tough. I sometimes think the hardest part of the VSG journey is the emotional part. First, the emotions with what your body is doing and grappling with your limitations, and then the emotion of dealing with everyone else. Good for you in having the strength to go on this journey and stick to it!! I think doing it completely alone is actually easier than doing it with someone who is not supportive.

I also get very frustrated when I see weight loss stories on TV. How many people do you know who are trying to lose weight at any given time? Others may think I took the easy way out, but I know I did what I had to do to get to a normal weight and have half a chance of staying there. You have seen first hand what that extra weight can do to you. The only person I know who has lost a good amount of weight and kept it off is my partner and he honestly finds so much joy and satisfaction with athletic endeavors. He is a marathon and triathlon runner - that is what it took for him. I, personally, could not do it on my own.

Congratulations on your enormous success. I am so very sorry that your relationship is not a source of support for you. Any of us who have ever been married can understand the pressure in dealing with a spouse.

You've done an amazing job. It's too bad your husband wasn't willing to go with you. But I can see where it would create a real issue in the marriage. Your world is opening up and he's staying dedicated to food. It's too bad. I'm very proud of you. But I actually feel sad for him. He's missing out on life.

You know, my BF is a pretty good guy. He's been pretty supportive. He's in remarkable shape but he has a little "tool shed". And even with him being in good shape, I think there were moments when the idea of me maybe actually getting thin drew his attention to the tummy he has. It seemed to make him more aware of his own body and I'm not even really losing much yet.

So it seems the least your husband could do is be proud of you. But I'm sure being proud of you makes him very aware of his own personal shame. He may never say it, but I'd bet it's true.

I'm sorry you not getting the support at home, this board is my life saver. I do get support at home but only the people who have been through it really understand. Maybe your husband will change but that can't stop you from completing your goals. Which by the way your almost there, less than 20 pounds that is so great.

Now that I've had my surgery in my opinion wls is the best option for real weight loss and long term results. Last year my friends told me don't do the surgery join weight watchers (again), and they lost weight. This year I'm losing weight and they have already regained all the weight they lost. I would like to see a show about people who have kept off their weight also. Keep up the good work: ) Janine

AMEN!

I am down 106 pounds! I have been on this journey since June of 2010. I took off 50 pounds pre surgery and and 56 since Nov 2010. It is getting harder to take off every ounce.

With the exception of this board, a couple of co workers and couple of great woman I have met on this board I have done it ALONE and i ultimately responsible for myself.

So why this post tonight??? I guess watching Exreem make over, an email from Dr Oz about vanity sizing and Rachel Rays Show today about people who lost " Without going under the knife" I am fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am married to and extremely obese husband 410 plus and can do more that work and go out to eat in a day, I have recieved only one compliment from him. I am making HIM look bad! F U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes I mean that! I mean really?????? It speaks volumes to the so called US and why he felt safe marrying the fat girl!

I have nothing but disgust left as he shovels down a triple bacon cheeseburger and waddles up to bed moaning about the pain he is in.. (Cold b***h or seeing reality for the first time?)

Dr. Oz I want to see one of you "healthy shows "following" one of your folks who keep it off.

Rachel, what every became of you Teen Kristina????? Nuff Said!

Extreme make over tonight,, that kid needs to grow a pair, stop pouting and were is he at now????????????????????????????????????????????????

YES I had surgery! NO it was NOT the easy way out! Yes I need the tool!, YES I had to learn new eating habits! Yes I excersise my ASS off literally! 10 years from now I will be healthy weight wise, where will your folds be Dr. OZ, Rachel, and Extreme makeover???

My surgeon told me that only 3% of people that are 100 or more pounds overweight are able to lose the weight and keep it off without surgery. Those are pretty grim statistics. I was looking for a permanent solution to my weight problem and I do believe I found it.