Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is it taking sooo long????

I hope i'm in the right place for this, i've had a little trouble navigating the forums. Anyways, i've been in this process since feb of this month. I've completed everything i needed to, there were alot of hoops to jump through, and i mean ALOT..lol..so my information was sent to BCBS federal basic of michigan on may 11th. I still have'nt heard anything. I've read about people getting approved within days. I've called 3 times so far, and nothing :(. I'm getting frustrated and am having 2nd thoughts about the whole thing..but I know i need this lifestyle change. I just wish they would hurry with my approval. I just needed to vent!!!

Hang in there!! I know my insurance, Aetna, has 30 days to provide an answer. I am not sure what your insurance does. Do NOT have 2nd thoughts!! I am sure that the paperwork is just sitting there waiting its turn for someone to look at or is being reviewed RIGHT NOW! Take a few minutes to look back to the reasons you started the journey, all the hard work you've accomplished, and how you will feel when you get the news that you are approved. I am anticipating a September surgery date, and so sometimes if I have ingredients or the forethought I will make broth and freeze it in ice cube trays for "after". I am planning on the first few weeks afterwards like a little vacation. I can't wait to be home with my girls and off work!! So I am trying to do as much ahead as possible. We are going to get Netflix or Hulu+ so we can lie around and watch movies all day for the first few days.... then once we can exercise again we have walks planned with the dogs and gym days, etc. My point is, don't sit around and wonder. Start planning!! Make it a positive thing and think of all the things you'd do with some free time. Oooh....I think we'll get some jigsaw puzzles.... (((hugs))) good luck!!!

xoxooxox

I totally agree with you!! I've been waiting 2 weeks and I've called every week and nothing :( so frustrating... I know exactly what you are going through. Good luck and wish me some too. :rolleyes:

What exactly do they tell you when you call? I have BCBS-Fed and once they receive your case, they have 5 days to process it! Which means, they should either have an approval/denial within those 5 days!! Call them everyday to check the status of it! When I called everyday they were all really nice to me and said that the case was being reviewed or they were missing paperwork, etc. They never said "it's being reviewed". They've had it since May???? That doesnt sound right at all... I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor!!

Well, my pre-auth has to go to my husband fund managers (even though we have BC PPO of CA) and I called them again today and they finally said they have received it and they will be forwarding to a panel of doctors that they use to see if they believe the surgery is a medical necessity :angry:. It was sitting on someones desk for 3 weeks. My daughter and I are trying to have the surgery done on the 26th but somehow I don't think it's gonna happen and we are going to be postponed once again. I'm so ready to have this big change in my life and it seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought :(

I totally agree with you!! I've been waiting 2 weeks and I've called every week and nothing :( so frustrating... I know exactly what you are going through. Good luck and wish me some too. :rolleyes:

Thanks MiMi, I definetly wish us both luck. Sorry it took so long to reply, I just decided to browse today. I see that under your ticker it says 18 more days...did u get your approval?? if so WWHHOOOO HOOOO. If not, all we can do is wait.

What exactly do they tell you when you call? I have BCBS-Fed and once they receive your case, they have 5 days to process it! Which means, they should either have an approval/denial within those 5 days!! Call them everyday to check the status of it! When I called everyday they were all really nice to me and said that the case was being reviewed or they were missing paperwork, etc. They never said "it's being reviewed". They've had it since May???? That doesnt sound right at all... I would call and ask to speak to a supervisor!!

Yup Stacy, they've had my paperwork since may 11th, and everytime I call they say it's being reviewed. When i did ask to speak to someone from the nursing review department they told me they don't speak directly to anyone. A supervisor from exactly what department would I ask to speak to?? It seems like their giving me the run around, and it's really making me very frustrated and angry. Any help u can give me will be sooooo appreciated. I've been calling the main customer service line, maybe I should try a certain department??? anyways...HHEELLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that ticker is wishful thinking on my part. Thats the date that my surgeon gave me but if we don't get approval in the next two weeks, I'm sure we'll have to push that date into July or later :( my surgeon only comes to the hospital in my network like 2 times a month.