Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I too had a great recovery. I did have slight gas pain in my left shoulder the second day in the hospital but I just walked as much as I could stand. The part that was most unpleasant for me was the slight fever and overall ache of my whole body from the fever, that only lasted about 2 hours. When I started drinking they gave me some Isopure and that was truley the worst part of the post op for me, not because of the actual ingesting but the taste was gawd awful!!! I was where you are in terms of nerves and I too began this journey by researching the band but when I started my research I discovered the sleeve and I am so glad I did. I went through this whole process. surgery and all, by myself didn't tell a soul, other than my husband. My husband was unable to come with me to Dallas (we're 6 hours away) for the surgery and I bawled all the way there as well as all night in the hotel the night before, I was terrified something would happen to me and that would devastate my older parents and then something would happen to them. To this day no one else knows, my MIL thinks that I had gastric bypass and keeps trying to get my husband to tell her...none of her darn business. If you do decide to take this journey I bet you will be thrilled with the outcome. Good luck to you!

Ok, the 6 inch tube thing sounds like a nightmare. I'm assuming that's the drain. And you took it out yourself?! Holy cow!!!

You sound like me- I'm glad that I'm not the only one who can wrap their mind around the sleeve much better than the bypass. I never wanted the lapband because if I'm gonna go through surgery, I want to loss weight quickly and effectively. I've never known anyone with lapband who has dropped a significant amount of weight. I was gonna get bypass because I had done very little research on sleeve and just didn't think I wanted it. But I kept saying, "I don't like the finality of the bypass. I can't just quit like I can when I'm on a diet". I attended a Seminar and immediately knew the Sleeve was for me. I know that it's the same principle of it not being reversible and you can't just quit. But I feel more comfortable in having a smaller stomach rather than everything being re-routed. I know many people who've gotten bypassed. Some have done great and others haven't. There's too many nutritional deficiences associated with the bypass.

I know people have thought I was crazy about my reasoning, so I'm glad there's another one of us out there. I haven't had one question or fear since I decided to get the Sleeve. My initial consultation is tomorrow.

Hope you do well!

Thanks both of you so much for your comments I am really excited at the thought of having a healthier and happier life and each time I read a positive post it just makes me more sure about the sleeve , I origanlly wanted the lap band but have seen very dismal results with that and as for the RnY I could never really wrap my mind around that kind of surgery as far as the mal absorbtion goes and when I found out about the sleeve amd did some reserch I was so exited and I new it was for me . Thank you guys for your info .

Everyone really is different. The worst part for me was the extreme nausea caused by the morphine. Once they got me off the morphine pump and onto meds via the IV, I was must better. The nausea was causing dry heaves for me and that was extremely painful. It ended up causing another night in the hospital for me.

The other bad part for me was day 3-5 at home. I thought I would go crazy with the tiny sips all day long. No break trying to get my fluids in. I thought I would never be able to have a normal life again with all my effort concentrated on drinking. Thankfully, this improved drastically on day 5.

For me, the pain in the hospital was bad but I was expecting it so that for me wasn't the worst, I had the morphine pump too but kept losing it in the damn sheets and it was easier to lay there than cause more pain looking for it lol. I think the worst part was the constant dizziness and light headed feeling I got when my BP went low, which was all the time until I made an appointment with my PCP and she took me off of two of my three pills for that.

One thing is for sure, do not hesitate to call the surgeons office when you have a question about what you are doing or how you feel.

I think the sleeve is a great choice, but I am a little biased LOL. Good luck!

I didn't know you could gain all your weight back after having bypass. Is that possible with the sleeve too? If so, I'm really thinking I need some kind of support group.

Hi im new here but have been reading all the posts for some time now . I am going through the phases right now to get my vertical sleeve.and I was wondering what was or is the worst thing about the sleeve ....ie stomach pain , vomiting ,nausea anything I wanna know what to exspect so I know what im in for after its done .

i would like to prelude my answer with one statement:

Getting the sleeve is the only thing in entire 47 years that I was absolutely sure of and never have I wanted anything more in life!

With that said, my determination made any inconvenience or discomfort totally worth it! The worst that happened to me? I would say day 2 after they took away my pain pump I had an esouphogeal spasm. It took about 20 minutes to get the nurses to call the Doctor and get an answer and he put me on IV diluaded shots which took care of the spasm. By the next morning the spasm was gone but I felt like someone had used my diaphram as a punching bag.

The gas pain everyone talks about was more of an annoyance to me than real pain. I glady accepted discomforts and my liquid diet as part of the process of FINALLY getting healthy!

All pain and any nausea where quickly addressed with great meds in the hospital!