Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did the Shimmy Shimmy Shake!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!! Happy shopping!!!!!!!

Last night I was on a mission. I wanted to wear jeans to work today so I dug in my closet and pulled out every pair of jeans that I had. Honey I gave away 13 pairs of jeans last night!!! :D :D I would try on a pair, run to the mirror, see that they were too big -- then the music would play in my head!! At first it was very faint and then it got louder and louder and that's when I would do the Shimmy Shimmy shake until the jeans fell off my body!!! I was cracking up so hard and making such a ruckus my husband had to come upstairs to make sure I hadn't completely lost my mind!:lol: :lol: :lol: I told him my "dilemma" and he was like, "Well I guess you have to go shopping then!" You don't have to tell me twice!;) ;) As soon as I get off work this afternoon I'm making a B-Line to the nearest Ross [my favorite store in the world] and buy me some cheap jeans cause I don't plan on being in a size 16 for long. Heck I may even buy me some 14s and 12s . . . well maybe not the 12s but it sure feels good thinking that I can buy some and get into them in a few months!

I'm soooooooooo glad I got this sleeve!!! It has really been a life saver. I used to take 5 pills a day and now I only take 1 pill a day and it's at the lowest dosage!!! Praise God!!!

Just wanted to share my little happy story with you all!! Take care!! :)

I want this problem, I want this problem, I want this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL whew, had to get that out!!!! :-)

Fantastic!!! I remember when I finally had to give away my whole closet because of the loss. I was wearing sad, baggy clothes and I looked terrible. I learned my lesson, though. DON'T BUY MORE THAN A COUPLE OF ANYTHING! Once you start to lose, you will be buying new clothes every 4-6 weeks. It's awesome and irritating all at the same time.

Congrats to you!

Congrats!!

I say get them 12's, you will be wearing them in no time!

Kelly :)

Well I followed your advice. I didn't make it to Ross yesterday because I got stuck in Burlington. I found a pair of size 16 jeans for $5.99 so of course I scoured the entire store down to find more pairs!! I ended up buying the exact same pair in a 14 and 12!!! For $5.99 you can't beat that price with a stick!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm totally satisfied now! Toodles!!!

This story made me smile so big :) I am so happy for you, and girl you are just like me if the B/F says go shopping you don't have to tell me twice!!! lol I've already had to buy new shirts, and as much as I love Ross they can be a bit expensive on some things, so I like to hit up the local thrift shops for gently used clothing, because we won't be wearing them for long :) Plus that just means that when we hit goal, there will be more money for us to buy a whole new wardrobe!! ;):P :thumbs_up:

Love it!!!! I'm still pre-op but one thing I've been looking forward to so much is purging the closet. I can visualize it - holding up jeans and sweaters and with a big smile saying "goodbye size 2X blue sweater....goodbye bootcut jeans size 22....goodbye leather belt that would comfortably fit Santa..." while I throw them into the Goodwill pile.

As much as I want to go shopping to by new clothes, I want to just hold out. So hunny shop for the both of s. I was a size 24 and though they droop and sag I really want to hold out on buying clothes until I reach wonder land. 20 more pounds to go then I'm there. I just see me balling out in Ross big time. Have fun!

CONGRATULATIONS!! I love this, totally had me cracking up imagining your husband wondering why you were upstairs freaking out...lol

Keep up the good work!!!!

Congratz :D

this made me happy

and yes for the cheap jeans, i got new ones 2 weeks ago and now they sag and slide all the time

:D will have to depend on cheap cloth till i reach my goal weight

Congrats!!!!

I second the idea of getting stuff you like in 2 sizes: one that's snug now and one size down and only buying two of any one clothing type except shirts and undies.

I am just now at the size I managed to diet to before I started gaining again and decided to have surgery, so I haven't had to buy much yet except new bras (bought two that fit and two that are too small when Macy's had the buy two get two free sale), new workout pants, and a couple of shirts.

Lynda

Last night I was on a mission. I wanted to wear jeans to work today so I dug in my closet and pulled out every pair of jeans that I had. Honey I gave away 13 pairs of jeans last night!!! :D :D I would try on a pair, run to the mirror, see that they were too big -- then the music would play in my head!! At first it was very faint and then it got louder and louder and that's when I would do the Shimmy Shimmy shake until the jeans fell off my body!!! I was cracking up so hard and making such a ruckus my husband had to come upstairs to make sure I hadn't completely lost my mind!:lol: :lol: :lol: I told him my "dilemma" and he was like, "Well I guess you have to go shopping then!" You don't have to tell me twice!;) ;) As soon as I get off work this afternoon I'm making a B-Line to the nearest Ross [my favorite store in the world] and buy me some cheap jeans cause I don't plan on being in a size 16 for long. Heck I may even buy me some 14s and 12s . . . well maybe not the 12s but it sure feels good thinking that I can buy some and get into them in a few months!

I'm soooooooooo glad I got this sleeve!!! It has really been a life saver. I used to take 5 pills a day and now I only take 1 pill a day and it's at the lowest dosage!!! Praise God!!!

I am doing the shimmy shimmy shake with you! You go girl! So proud of you!

Ohh that is sooo funny! Can't wait until it happens to me!:lol: I dream of cleaning out all those old things from my closet... I have stuff in there that is 10 years old and needs replacing... Gonna wait though until I get my shiny brand new sleeve... Oh to buy things I like instead of what hides the mess I am.

Khy

Good Job keep it up !!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Congrats and I would HIGHLY recommend buying some 14s and 12s because you will not be a 16 for long I PROMISE!!!

You were soooooooooo right!! I went back to Burlington and found some size 12s and I wore them to church 2 weeks ago!! I could not stop smiling. . . so after church we went to LadyVelvet's house [my sister] so she could squeal with me!!! Thanks!!:D:):D