Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am soooooo angry....

:o Ok....I was sleeved on April 4. I was doing so well, and it seems that I've been on this 4 week stall!! Well, I started going back to the gym, and I was walking every day, I bought a bicycle, and I was just loving life! And then it happened....my bad back reared it's ugly head. I was in absolute agony. It's the kind of pain that takes your breath away. No more gym for a bit. So I went to see a chiropractor, and he told me I have arthritis in my back and my neck, and I should join his 8 week to wellness program (to the tune of $675) and blah, blah, blah. I was already paying for a gym, and it's certainly a lot cheaper. I really felt like I was being fleeced. So I had a few adjustments, and I felt pretty good for about an hour after, but then the pain came right back. So the week before last, I started going back to the gym, and the trainer told me that as I lose the weight, the pressure on my back is shifting, which is why I started having the bad pains again. He also said that I'm using muscles that I haven't used in a very long time, but as I continue on, the pain will dissapate.

What I'm angry about, is that it seems that all of the progress that I had made up until a few weeks ago, has just gone down the tubes, and I feel like I have to start all over again. I'm back to taking vicodin again every day, which I didn't want to go back to. And if I sit longer than 20 minutes, when I get up, I just want to cry. This is especially hard for me, because I'm a programmer, and I sit for hours at a time. I went to the gym this mornning, and I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill, and then did about 15 mins on the stationary bike.

Between this stupid stall, and my stupid back, I'm pissed. I want to start losing weight again, and I want to get back to where I was a month ago. I'm down 32 lbs, but that's it!! And as of 5/4, I was down 27 lbs. So in just about a month, I've only lost 5 lousy pounds!

I think I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Annette

It must be so frustrating to be working so hard only to be so defeated. I am sorry.

Is their anyway you could workout in a pool? That would possibly take some of the pressure off your joints and make it easier on you. Water exercise is a great workout for those that are injured!

Don't give up!!

Best of luck to you! And feel better soon!

Hugs,

Kelly

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time, its is sooooo hard when you work hard and stall anyway.

I guess the way I try to look at it is that in less than 2 months you have lost over 30lb, if you were following any other diet you'd probably be less hard on yourself and be really pleased with such a great weight loss (that is fantastic BTW), I know that I thought I'd lose consistently once I was sleeved, I couldn't imagine eating so little and not losing, but sadly stalls happen.

This forum is a great place to come and vent if you need to, and there are loads of amazingly supportive folks on here waiting to help, so I hope things get easier for you reallys soon, and in the mean time, please do enjoy those 32lb - 32lb is what my son weighs, and I know I'm struggling a lot more if I have to carry him around, so although it probably doesn't feel that way you are giving yourself and your body the best gift byu losing weight.

Good Luck.

Cludgie

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I would have never thought of what your trainer said regarding your back pain. You aren't too far behind and your weight loss is great! Stay strong and motivated.

Take care!

Remember how you felt the day after your first day back in gym class in High School? You are using muscles that aren't used to being "noticed". Patience. To Thy Own Self Be True. Your weight loss will wait for you. Get yourself healthy.

I do my exercising in a salt Water pool. I have arthritis and have lost a knee to the nasty stuff. In the pool my new knee as well as my other joints feel no pain. I can do all the exercises that would do in the gym (one day a week) in the pool (three days a week) with more ease and no pain. My surgeon for my sleeve will allow me to go back to the water two weeks after surgery which is June 6th.

It's worth a try, isn't it? Be kind to yourself. You deserve it.

Valentina

I am soo sorry! I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago in a weight class. It is complete misery to have a hurt back so I really feel for you. I found swimming and heat really helped. I had to take off a week from working out so it could heal and I felt so blah! I know it is hard, but you have accomplished so much! Celebrate each and every pound. You will get there. This is just a small set back. HUGS!!!

Aside from the pain, don't stress out. You were probably in a regular stall that would have been over with anyway. Believe it or not, some people *can't* exercise at first and still manage to lose an amazing amount of weight. You will still lose because you still have your tool inside you ;)

Renee`

I can somewhat understand what you're talking about. I have advanced rheumatoid arthritis and I am in constant pain. I haven't been able to take my meds in two weeks. My sleeve cannot handle them. It makes me wanna scream some days. You should know that you have made some amazing progress. I'm with the other poster... My child weighs 33 pounds. You've lost an entire small person! That's something to Celebrate. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hang in there! Hugs!

As everyone else has said...sorry you are in pain. Hope you feel better soon. I would just add that you need to just take one day at a time. Today take care of your back and eat right and get in your fluids. After your back has healed then that day you can work out again.

Hi apw. I had a three week stall during or after my 2d month. Very frustrating but I just stuck to the food plan. Was doing and able to do only very light exercise due to severe osteoarthritis in knees. Just keep doing what you can. You will start losing again.

:o Ok....I was sleeved on April 4. I was doing so well, and it seems that I've been on this 4 week stall!! Well, I started going back to the gym, and I was walking every day, I bought a bicycle, and I was just loving life! And then it happened....my bad back reared it's ugly head. I was in absolute agony. It's the kind of pain that takes your breath away. No more gym for a bit. So I went to see a chiropractor, and he told me I have arthritis in my back and my neck, and I should join his 8 week to wellness program (to the tune of $675) and blah, blah, blah. I was already paying for a gym, and it's certainly a lot cheaper. I really felt like I was being fleeced. So I had a few adjustments, and I felt pretty good for about an hour after, but then the pain came right back. So the week before last, I started going back to the gym, and the trainer told me that as I lose the weight, the pressure on my back is shifting, which is why I started having the bad pains again. He also said that I'm using muscles that I haven't used in a very long time, but as I continue on, the pain will dissapate.

What I'm angry about, is that it seems that all of the progress that I had made up until a few weeks ago, has just gone down the tubes, and I feel like I have to start all over again. I'm back to taking vicodin again every day, which I didn't want to go back to. And if I sit longer than 20 minutes, when I get up, I just want to cry. This is especially hard for me, because I'm a programmer, and I sit for hours at a time. I went to the gym this mornning, and I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill, and then did about 15 mins on the stationary bike.

Between this stupid stall, and my stupid back, I'm pissed. I want to start losing weight again, and I want to get back to where I was a month ago. I'm down 32 lbs, but that's it!! And as of 5/4, I was down 27 lbs. So in just about a month, I've only lost 5 lousy pounds!

I think I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Annette

At four weeks I too threw might back out. I have bulging disks at l4 and L5 A couple trips to a REAL chiropractor put back in place. Just adjustments, no selling ect. My guy is a sports therapists and dug out his PT cards and copied the daily exercises for me. He did not even try to sell me another adjustment,, he just lets me call when I feel my hips and spine are pivoting. After the first throw out I was fine with the exception of a couple tweaks here and there! Now down a 106 pounds I feel GREAT! My back is sore here and there, but not that horrid deep pain of the past.

A word to the wise, if you can apply the term "Crack em and Rack em" to your chiropractor, he or she is a quack!

Annette I am sorry that you are going through such a tough time. You may want to try Water aerobics it is suppose to put less strain on your joints. You may also might to research what kinds of exercise physical therapist recommend.

My story is almost identical to yours. I had a 3 week stall and then some. I was sleeved on April 4 and lost a lot at first then May hit. I knew it was going to be a challenge. The 15th my daughter graduated from College in Chicago, so we spent a 4 day weekend there. On the 22nd we went down-state Michigan for a memorial service for my wife's brother and then 3 days ago, one of my best friends got married. So it has been a lot of travel and crap.

On May 8th I weighed 200 even and I actually somewhere in there went up to 204. Last week I went to the surgeon's office and I broke the 200 at 199.

About 2 1/2 months before surgery I started physical therapy. My doc. thought it was sciatica, the therapist thought it was the piriformis muscle, but the MRI

showed I have a pinched nerve at S1. So I haven't been able to exercise much at all. I am seeing the neuro-surgeon about it tomorrow and having an epidural on Thursday.

The pinched S1 causes the muscles in my calves to cramp up and the muscles in my buttocks hurt a lot so even a recumbent bike isn't an option at this point.

But I am learning to be gentle with myself.....this things shall pass and the weight will come off.

Don :P:P:P:P

I absolutely echo the recommendation for Water aerobics. I live with bad pain from nerve pain in my back and tears in both knees that have me a near invalid- but in the water there is no pain and no pressure on your back. Not only that but the classes are a KICK BUTT workout- truly- we do 300 crunches in many of our classes and lots of aerobic work as well as core. Try it- you may be surprised!

I can't thank each and every one of you, enough. Your words of encouragement have helped like you wouldn't believe! I'm definitely going to hang in there, and try not to be my own worst enemy. I guess I was really hoping that I would have lost at least lost 40-50 lbs. But it sounds like I'm not being very realistic. Nevertheless, I'm going to stick to my plan, and definitely look into Water aerobics. I honestly didn't want to pay for an entirely new gym membership, but it sounds like it may be worth it. And you're right....I need to Celebrate the fact that I've lost a 'small person', and enjoy that victory. So from now on, I will celebrate every pound, and not be so hard on myself.

Thanks again to all of you....for listening, for being there, and for your encouragement and support!

Hugs to all!