Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months -100 lbs and 10.5 inches

Tomorrow will be my 4 month anniversary as of about 10 days ago I hit the 100 lbs lost mark! I will say as far as eating I have made some Huge Mistakes along the way. By Huge mistakes I mean eating a candy bar here and there, or two chicken wings, or slice of pizza, I try very hard to limit these mistakes, but its not easy. I have stuck to my workouts religiously, I was working out every single day, walking, starting to ad in some running for 1/4 mile at a time, then I joined this thing called Corssfit. Crossfit is really crazy, I have never had a workout like this in my life! Crossfit is expensive, 120 bucks a month, but it is so worth it! The classes are small, so its like having a personal trainer pushing you the entire time, its all about core strength, and proper movement, and every time I leave there my legs shake so bad I'm afraid I'm going to fall down. Problem is I have hit a bit of a stall since starting crossfit, and I think this is because I dont have the energy on off days to go to the gym and do my normal workout. I will admit I have not been paying as much attention to what I have been eating as I should be in the past couple weeks either, In fact I actually gained 2 lbs over this holiday weekend. This week I'm going back at it hard, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Crossfit, Wednesday Friday, Saturday, Sunday the gym and lots of dog walking each day, no more little cheats, or as I call them "accidents" with food. I am at 226 lbs right now, I so badly want to get under 200, actually the goal is 175 lbs The real deal goal would be 155 then stack on 20 lbs of muscle to get back to 175. For right now I'm shooting for Under 200 by my next follow up with the surgeon in August. I can be very hard on myself at times, but when I look back and think, last December I was 326 lbs, I guess I realize I have come a long way.... Then I think, Gheez I still have over 50lbs to lose in the worst case scenario! Ughh My head is spinning trying to grasp all that has been done, and then all that still needs to be accomplished.

Congratulations on the century lost! That is awesome!

Sounds like you have a good plan to get back on track. I'm sure you'll end up loosing that extra 50 pounds that you want to if you do.

Wow! amazing job!

Hey, you are doing GREAT!!

I have heard of Crossfit and would love to do it. There just isn't one in my area.dry.gif Too bad because I have a friend in Nashville who does it and loves it.

Maybe your stall is not really a stall but that you're just putting on more muscle?

Anyway, keep it up!

Can you tell me how you're losing 100lbs in 4 months? I know that's on the high end, but I want to help in any way I can. I'm so scared I'll be one of those who doesn't eat pizza and potato salad and still take 6 months to lose 40lbs.

Heatherr,

I have always been lucky in the sense that my body reacts very quickly to changes, plus I work out like a mad man, on top of walking the dog a minimum of 3 miles a day. Yesterday was Corssfit, then Crossfit endurance, thats one solid hour of nothing but hard fast movements in 90 degree weather. Tonight after my weight watchers meeting I will go to the gym, walk and run on the tread mill ( I do 1/4 walk then 1/4 mile run 4 to 6 times), do 4 sets of 500 meters on the rowing machine, 3 to 5 one minute sets on that damn Jacobs ladder, then depending on how I feel I may do 1 to 3 nautilus circuits.

Todays food- Protein shake (sci-fit whey Isolate- chocolate peanut butter)50 grams of Protein with half a banana, and a hand full of Fiber one, mixed up in the magic bullet, then a cheese stick for lunch, chobani for mid afternoon, and a piece of sea bass for dinner. My morning shake has a bunch of calories (about 250 to 300), but its so worth it to me, the banana and Fiber one keep me right and tight for the day, as well as helping the Protein powder keep me full.

Dont get me wrong, I have had my weak moments, and scarfed down a snickers bar, or whatever, but I think that keeps me kind of sane purring this process. As long As I dont get back to daily candy bars, ice cream and garbage plates I should be ok. As long as I see a calorie deficit when I hook my Body bug each day, I Know I had a good day!

I hope that answers your question? I'm not sure how others do or dont do to lose, I just know what works for me.

It doesn't matter if your a quick loser or a slow loser, as long as you are losing!

Congratulations on your weight-loss! That's an awesome amount, and in only 4 months!

I wouldn't beat myself up over a few dietary indiscretions here and there. It's not a good habit to get into daily, but I think every now and then is fine. Personally, I told myself that I was never going to diet again, just adopt a more healthy life-style overall. I've had some pizza, and other things, but I think that's okay. It obviously hasn't been a hinderance to you. keep it up!

You are amazing and a true inspiration!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Tomorrow will be my 4 month anniversary as of about 10 days ago I hit the 100 lbs lost mark! I will say as far as eating I have made some Huge Mistakes along the way. By Huge mistakes I mean eating a candy bar here and there, or two chicken wings, or slice of pizza, I try very hard to limit these mistakes, but its not easy. I have stuck to my workouts religiously, I was working out every single day, walking, starting to ad in some running for 1/4 mile at a time, then I joined this thing called Corssfit. Crossfit is really crazy, I have never had a workout like this in my life! Crossfit is expensive, 120 bucks a month, but it is so worth it! The classes are small, so its like having a personal trainer pushing you the entire time, its all about core strength, and proper movement, and every time I leave there my legs shake so bad I'm afraid I'm going to fall down. Problem is I have hit a bit of a stall since starting crossfit, and I think this is because I dont have the energy on off days to go to the gym and do my normal workout. I will admit I have not been paying as much attention to what I have been eating as I should be in the past couple weeks either, In fact I actually gained 2 lbs over this holiday weekend. This week I'm going back at it hard, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Crossfit, Wednesday Friday, Saturday, Sunday the gym and lots of dog walking each day, no more little cheats, or as I call them "accidents" with food. I am at 226 lbs right now, I so badly want to get under 200, actually the goal is 175 lbs The real deal goal would be 155 then stack on 20 lbs of muscle to get back to 175. For right now I'm shooting for Under 200 by my next follow up with the surgeon in August. I can be very hard on myself at times, but when I look back and think, last December I was 326 lbs, I guess I realize I have come a long way.... Then I think, Gheez I still have over 50lbs to lose in the worst case scenario! Ughh My head is spinning trying to grasp all that has been done, and then all that still needs to be accomplished.

This is amazing, I'm here in the hot Fl. wather and there is a crossfit place not far from my house, but I am no where near ready for that!!! Thanks for posting htis and being such an inspiration!:D

Wow! 100 pounds in four months is amazing! I honestly don't think I will ever be able to do the amount of exercise you do but I am glad that it seems to be working for you!

You have came a long way. This is an amazing feat! The good thing is you have learned from your mistakes. Make sure you are getting enough Protein and carbs for your workouts.