Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I did it, cheated my a** off today, 14 days post

Your stomach is still healing!!! BE careful.

It seems like both of your challenges are with eating out!! STAY out of restaurants until you have learned some strategies to make better food choices.

Also, I would seek a support group to learn strategies to deal with overeating. I did and it was very helpful.

Start fresh tomorrow and do only kind and loving things for your body!!!

I am actually wanting the original poster to chime in as I am worried not hearing from her since this post- that amount of food in a young sleeve could have been a huge problem for her last night.

Today is my three weeks and I have been carefully and tentatively graduating to soft and pureed foods today- I ate half a soft scrambled egg for Breakfast and for lunch a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese. Both went down well (and made me swoon with joy! ;-P) and I did not feel bad or have pain. I will NOT blow this phase, I need to know my sleeve is healed and whole and ready to serve me ( or more realistically-have me serve it!) for the rest of my life.

I was on thin liquids until today and I hated it but please OP- you need to do the right thing here. Worst case- you create a devastating medical problem for yourself. More likely- you eat your way around this sleeve and end up sleeved and still obese. Learn how to use this tool, get help with nutrition and emotions.

[edit] Never mind. Just WOW. Good luck.

Okay, just to clarify.

I mostly ate the bean and cheese, highly salted, highly bad for you center of the burrito. Also, those things are not that big. I tore away all the extra tortilla because I just didn't want it.

As for the perogi, There were six total served. I had about three, ate one before bed, and ate the other two the next day, cold.

I don't think I went balls to the walls cheating and like free based lard or a big mac or anything, it was just the desire that made be think... hey, isn't this why you had the surgery to begin with.

I appreciate all the "pick yourself up and tomorrow is a new day" suggestions. You're right. I will be more present and am thankful I've got people who are like "WTF are you doing to yourself girl?" LOL!

Yesterday I did much better. I had pureed salmon and pureed cauliflower. Could barely finish.

How was the holiday for you all?

Glad you are ok and now that I hear more details, it isn't so bad. Glad you're ok and doing better!! I lol @ balls to the wall cheating and freebasing lard and big macs ha. Our concern stemmed from love and concern, what a great bunch of folks we have on this forum.

I did very well for the holiday, made hubby do all the cooking on the grill and even enjoyed a tablespoon and a half of really mashed up baked potato with sour cream and thought I was in heaven lol. I ate teeny tiny bites. It went down well and I was completely satisfied, surrounded with people pigging out on Ribeyes. B)

Just remember, if sitting in a resturant and looking at a menu your eyes should only be looking for what meat you want to eat. Once you pick a meat you will then have to look at the sides that come with it. You will tell them to keep anyting like potoes or rice in kitchen, ask for extra green veggies.

Always tell the waitress to keep the bread or crakers off the table.

If going to taco bell, order a chicken taco from the Fresco menu, no sour cream and eat just the meat, and when approve lettuce out it and throw out the shell. If the shell is going to tempt you, throw it away first!

The new rule of the post op sleeve is you eat your Protein first, then IF there is room you move to a vegie. You wil best work your sleeve and feel restrcition with meat first, all else last.

No dust yourself off, you know your weakness now.... avoid it!

Okay, just to clarify.

I mostly ate the bean and cheese, highly salted, highly bad for you center of the burrito. Also, those things are not that big. I tore away all the extra tortilla because I just didn't want it.

As for the perogi, There were six total served. I had about three, ate one before bed, and ate the other two the next day, cold.

I don't think I went balls to the walls cheating and like free based lard or a big mac or anything, it was just the desire that made be think... hey, isn't this why you had the surgery to begin with.

I appreciate all the "pick yourself up and tomorrow is a new day" suggestions. You're right. I will be more present and am thankful I've got people who are like "WTF are you doing to yourself girl?" LOL!

Yesterday I did much better. I had pureed salmon and pureed cauliflower. Could barely finish.

How was the holiday for you all?

Highly bad center of the burrito? LOL I consider that the healthy part. You tossed the unhealthy part...the tortilla.

Great job on yesterday though - healthy yummy Protein and a fibrous veggie....I'm sure you felt lots of restriction from that! I haven't been sleeve yet but that seems to be the general rule....protein first and you WILL feel that restriction.

It seems like the mushier/more liquid the food the more it will take for you to feel full. If you "plug" up with Protein first....it won't take nearly as much.

Nice job.

Glad to hear you are doing great on the learning curve!!!

So...

yeah, bean and cheese burrito from Taco Bell (Toxic Hell) and it was soooooooo good. Then hubby and I went out and today . We went to a Russian restaurant and I had the Varanenki (Perogi). I ate like six. Potato cheese dumplings with a butt load of sour cream and caramelized onions on top.

I feel like a failure today. Why did I do this to myself? I think it was the 14 day of Clear liquids that did it to me.

* sigh *

This was 14 days Post operation???? Are you trying to burst your stomach? Your nerves have been cut and you will not feel restriction for awhile due to the nerves healing. Maybe you should google sepsis (huskytohealthy's therapist suggested he do that) from a perferated stomach to give you the true sense of what you could do to yourself.

Be careful is all I can say.

Wow, I hope for your sake you are pre-op! If you are post-op, you are setting yourself up for major problems.

You really need to follow this "diet" to a T until your stomach heals. There is a reason for the liquid diets.

I am so fortunate in that my husband was so supportive of me when I was banded and he would never have let me deviate from my post-op instructions. I am counting on him being this supportive this time with the revision too.

In any event, what is done, is done. Starting right now, just follow your doctors advice and hopefully you will be fine.

Yeah, as a nurse, it kind of concerns me that you are focusing more on what you ate than the fact that you DID. Very very dangerous. Please, please take better care of yourself!

I just want to point out quickly that not everyone has a post-op liquid diet... I was put on mushies as soon as i left the hospital and anything i want to eat after 4 weeks... of course i didn't follow that bit of doctor's advice and did liquids for 2 weeks, then mushies... but i just wanted to point that out! biggrin.gif

I didn't know it was even possible to eat that much at 2 weeks out. I've been reading about people barely getting in 1/2 cup at a time of mushy stuff! Scary. I hope your stomach is ok.

I just want to point out quickly that not everyone has a post-op liquid diet... I was put on mushies as soon as i left the hospital and anything i want to eat after 4 weeks... of course i didn't follow that bit of doctor's advice and did liquids for 2 weeks, then mushies... but i just wanted to point that out! biggrin.gif

Each doctor can perform the sleeve differently. With different sizes and capacities for the outcome. And with the varying out come of the "size" or capacity of sleeves out there you will also see varying post op diets. It is best to follow what your doctor has prescribed for the best outcome for your sleeve.

It is ok to stay in a lower stage but to rush the other stages has the possibility of leading to a complication.

I totally agree that it is bad to rush the other stages!!!!!.. i'm 8 weeks post-op and i can barely get in 1/3 of a cup of soft food still... sometimes i even go back to full liquids after having trouble with a food (especially chicken breast--my nemesis)..denser foods MAYBE 1/4 cup if i'm lucky.. i think my sleeve capacity is quite small... which is good & bad in different ways biggrin.gif

Each doctor can perform the sleeve differently. With different sizes and capacities for the outcome. And with the varying out come of the "size" or capacity of sleeves out there you will also see varying post op diets. It is best to follow what your doctor has prescribed for the best outcome for your sleeve.

It is ok to stay in a lower stage but to rush the other stages has the possibility of leading to a complication.