Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

...I had my VSG done on May 9th. I lost 20 lbs preop and 11.6 since surgery. I have not lost any weight for 9 days!!! I've heard of the dreaded 3 week stall but I've not lost since May 20th!! I've tried changing up my diet, drinking 64 oz of Water, adding one Protein Shake a day but nothing has changed my weight. I haven't begun a formal exercise program but I have been out walking quite a bit just with being active and going places.

I'm getting discouraged and wonder if I'll be the person the VSG doesn't work for!!!! Please help with any advice you can give!!!

It will pass. From the information I've been reading, the stall is normal and can last for 3-4 weeks. It is just your body adjusting to the new you. While you may not be loosing pounds, there are other changes happening - like loosing inches.

You have already lost 20+ pounds - that is GREAT! So, the sleeve is working for you.

It's hard, but just be patient. It sounds like you are doing everything right, so this too shall pass. You just need to let your body get adjusted to the new you. :)

This is NORMAL. I knew and was prepared for the 3wk stall...but my stall hit after 1 week and lasted 10 days, and then BOOM I lost 8lbs in a week. I've been losing steadily since, just be patient the scale WILL move.

I know it is hard to go through but this really is normal. Our bodies react in different ways to the dramatic reduction in calories and some go into stalls for a few weeks or longer. :wacko:

Continue working your plan and know that the weight loss will kick back in. You won't be the person the sleeve fails if you are eating according to your plan. Adding exercise may help break the stall and it certainly won't hurt if you have the time to get started exercising. Good luck! We will see you posting about your weight losses soon. :D

You didn't say how many calories or carbs you're taking in, but I would do what you did and add Protein, up my calories a bit and cut the carbs back. Anything to jolt the body out of that stall. Also, keep drinking the Water, it helps flush you out and keeps you hydrated. I agree though, there are things happening inside the body and maybe you're losing inches and not pounds.

Good luck!

Renee`

wow do I feel you pain! I too am in a stall and not even 2 weeks post op! It is funny that prior to my surgery I did not see many posts about weight loss stalls, it seemed that everyones weight was falling off at a good clip! And now, post op, it seems everyone is talking about stalls!!! Divine intervention maybe, because maybe I would have had second thoughts about this drastic step had a seen these things pre-op. At least we are not alone. I remember one UTube post that I watched right before the surgery that said "You will lose the weight, you can't mess this up! the weight will come off, how can it not!" Something is going on in our bodies, and the human body is the greatest computer ever invented. God knew what He was doing when He created us, we have to leave it in His hands and know that it will all work out! Right? I am trying to remind myself that this is different. This time the 10 pounds that I have lost are now gone forever, never to retufn. Not like the 25 that I lost only to come back in 3 to 6 months! We have to start focusing on more positive things and not get bogged down in the negative! We have to fight the urge and think about the things that we want! Our thoughts will be become our reality! Sending positive thooughts your way!

I am in exactly the same spot as you. I feel your pain and frustration. I was sleeved on 05/09 and had lost 15.4 as of 05/21. Then over the past 7 days, I have gained 1.2lbs. Gained!! I am follwing my plan, carbs < 30 a day, I was on 1/4 cup of mushies and not even doing those three times a day. I wasn't expected the stall until this week.

I had come out today to get some help, but this seems it is the norm now. So, I will up my Water intake to over 64oz a day. Also, try to eat more Protein instead of drink.

Good Luck. We can do this.