Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm sooo bummed....not sure if I can have surgery now.

I am a self pay and we were going to borrow against some CD's we have to get my loan for surgery. Unfortunately our credit isn't that great (husband is self employed and has taken a hit financialy) and in order to get the loan it will tie up ALL of our equity. Having 5 kids the thought of doing that makes me sick. We never know what predicament is going to pop up and I can't see putting ourself in a dire financial situation to pay for the surgery. Currently I'm looking for a job (with NO luck).

I really just want to cry. I've even gone as far as signing surgery consents and am just waiting to get my date. We had no idea the situation was this bad. I guess we could cash in the CD's and pay for the surgery, but there goes our safety net if I do.

I'm just needing to vent..and if you are still reading this thanks for listening :)

I have a similar situation<<<< but after long thought and prayer.. i realized that my kids need me healthy and around for them.. and i could always save $$ again..

so i am doing it..

meditate on it :-)

Have you ever heard of carecredit? It is like a credit card that can be used only for healthcare/vet fees. We are using that to pay the difference after insurance. It wouldn't help with the entire cost but if you used that it could help lessen the amount that you would need to take out on a loan. We don't have good credit either and we were still approved. Also, I believe that the surgeons office/doctors office can negotiate with carecredit directly to increase the amount you were approved for if you aren't initially approved for enough.

I think it is definitely something you should look into. It might be what you need to have the surgery and deplete yourselves at the same time.

Good luck and I hope everything works out well for you!

I would second using care credit...i'm not using it for the surgery but used it for other things like dental work (its open for pretty much any medical need) and when I did it, they even had a 12 mo no interest offer to pay it off as cash! Stay positive and know that there is ALWAYS a way to work things out...I also second what Ruby said, if its going to make you live longer and be healthier for yourself and your kids, thats one of the greatest gifts ever!

Good luck and keep us posted!

JG

I am a self pay and we were going to borrow against some CD's we have to get my loan for surgery. Unfortunately our credit isn't that great (husband is self employed and has taken a hit financialy) and in order to get the loan it will tie up ALL of our equity. Having 5 kids the thought of doing that makes me sick. We never know what predicament is going to pop up and I can't see putting ourself in a dire financial situation to pay for the surgery. Currently I'm looking for a job (with NO luck).

I really just want to cry. I've even gone as far as signing surgery consents and am just waiting to get my date. We had no idea the situation was this bad. I guess we could cash in the CD's and pay for the surgery, but there goes our safety net if I do.

I'm just needing to vent..and if you are still reading this thanks for listening :)

I agree that your kids need you healthy AND happy. How much do you have to pay? The surgery here is about 10,000 but I hear in Mexico it's half the price....

Thank you all for your responses. I'm just so overwhelmed. My surgery is $13,600. I've been thinking about how odd it was I've basically put our finacial business out there like this lol, but I just want this surgery so bad. I'm crossing my fingers I get called for an interview. I've submitted my resume and I PRAY I get it. The hours would be great for my kids and I'd have insurance.

Pity party is done! I'm staying positive and keep telling myself it will work out. Where there is a will there is a way! :)

That a girl!!! Have faith and desire and build a plan and it will happen for you! I promise!!

Maybe there are other options? Going to a very good doc in Mexico will be a lot less money. I am not familiar with the care credit offerings mentioned above but they would be worth checking out. You can also try to get a conventional loan to pay for it although I realize that it a longer shot. How about a family member? Anyone there you would feel comfortable borrowing from? If none of these work...maybe you will find a job soon that has insurance! Don't give up your dream!

I am sorry that you are going through this and I hope it works out for you. Please keep us posted on how you are.

JG407~I just noticed your ticker says you are having surgery tomorrow?? Congrats! Please update me when you can. Sending good thoughts your way :)

That a girl!!! Have faith and desire and build a plan and it will happen for you! I promise!!

Yep, you nailed it! Gotta be at the hospital at 630am tomorrow morning! Thanks so much! I'll try to update before and after the surgery assuming my coherence and technology are working!

I am assuming (and only assuming) that you do not have any insurance now? Have you applied for Family Health Plus (here in NY)? Every state must have a program like it. I know that Medicaide Medical Managed insurance DOES pay for WLS. It's worth a phone call to find out. Do not let pride get in your way. "PRIDE GOETH BEFORE THE FALL".

I'd even go as far as to look into hospitals that are "charity orientated". We have one here in Warwick,NY that is so. They operate on a sliding scale according to income,if there is no insurance and allow one to pay monthly AFTER THE SURGERY if one can pay at all. Years ago I had a MRI done and the cost was completely written off.

Call your church. They will know of such a hospital. The one here is administrated by the Catholic church. The care is excellent and the bonus of prayers NEVER hurts!

--just a thought or two,:idea:

Valentina

:grouphug4:

Yep, you nailed it! Gotta be at the hospital at 630am tomorrow morning! Thanks so much! I'll try to update before and after the surgery assuming my coherence and technology are working!

I think a miracle just happened!!!! We may of found a way to do this. I'm so happy I could cry!!! We will find out Tuesday......

Well,Girl!!! don't keep us in suspense..What miracle is in progress?????? :gossip: I know that I have been mentioning you in my chit chats with God daily. I'm sure others have also. We ALWAYS need to hear good news, so come on and share with us. Even if it's only a possibility.

Valentina

:grouphug:

I think a miracle just happened!!!! We may of found a way to do this. I'm so happy I could cry!!! We will find out Tuesday......

We are able to access funds we had forgotten we had!!! AND a generous family member is helping as well! I just thank God it looks like its a real possiblity! Thanks for praying for me. Hopefully I'll be a June Jewel :) As of right now my monthly medicine is costing over $300 a month...paying this surgery off is half that..and I'll be on my way to being healthy!!

Well,Girl!!! don't keep us in suspense..What miracle is in progress?????? :gossip: I know that I have been mentioning you in my chit chats with God daily. I'm sure others have also. We ALWAYS need to hear good news, so come on and share with us. Even if it's only a possibility.

Valentina

:grouphug: