Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's your sweet spot?

I had my band placed end of December. I was steadily loosing and then stopped. I'm still exercising but I don't feel a lot of restriction. I think i'm at 1.75cc. I just started a new job and wasn't good about keeping my monthly appointments. I think I need a fill. Where's the sweet spot!?!

The answer would be each person is individual....we have to keep going until we are able to eat only 1/2 a cup w/o problems and not get hungry for 4-5 hrs and lose weight! At least that's what I have been told! :)

GOd Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -52lbs :)

Yep, sounds like it's time for another fill!

Its kind of twilight zone spooky but I was banded at about the same time, have lost about the same weight and was filled to the same level and I too just stopped losing and lost restriction. I've never had tight restriction but I think its just a function of having lost a lot of internal fat and its time for more.

I had .2 cc yesterday and I can feel it today, whether it hangs around or not is still to be seen. I had toast for Breakfast and I should have stopped halfway through the second piece, finishing it off had me blocked and sliming for about 10 minutes. I really think I overate, not that I didnt chew becuase I deliberately ate toast to test whether I could still eat bread and I ate slowly and very carefully.

I'm yet to truly recognise when to stop I think, but I was easily downing 2 pieces of toast a few days ago, so I think this fill might be sweet for a while anyway - I still want to be able to have small amounts of those foods, not cut them out completely, so for me the tradeoff is perhaps not being so tight, so I have to use my head about with regard to how much to eat.

hi please could someone tell me .I have a 4cc band i hanent had a fill yet but how much fill would be enough for the sweet spot

hi please could someone tell me .I have a 4cc band i hanent had a fill yet but how much fill would be enough for the sweet spot

kebabish,

The amount varies in each person.....but I think I've reached it. I also have a band that holds 4cc's and I am at 2.6cc (just got this amount 5 days ago), the difference from before is very noticeable. I can eat alot less and stay full ALOT longer! There are others that have the 4cc band and are at 3cc's and that's their sweet spot. My doc told me no one ever gets 4cc because they would be so tight that spit would get stuck ( My doc is straight forward).

Thursday's Meal:

Had a bowl of oatmeal @ 9:30a (took 45 min to eat all of it)

Tried to eat lunch at 1p (didn't really want to, but I was use to doing it)

so I ate 6 calamari rings and wanted to DIE from being to full. Actually had a stomach ache at 5pm.

Did not eat dinner, noticed I was still full from earlier meals at 10:30p.

I think this is it.

Good Luck!

thenume,

how much did you get during your first fill? I also have a 4 cc band, in which they put in 1.5 cc at my first fill. I have felt little or no restriction. I am hoping fill number two will be better. How many fills did it take you to get to your sweet spot?

thenume,

how much did you get during your first fill? I also have a 4 cc band, in which they put in 1.5 cc at my first fill. I have felt little or no restriction. I am hoping fill number two will be better. How many fills did it take you to get to your sweet spot?

I have had 4 fills so far and although I thought I found my sweet spot---the feeling has gone. I need another fill.

My first fill was 1.5 I was told the first 1cc is for the lap band "rim". My doc is VERy conservative with fills (so I perfer his assistant who's alot more aggresive!) Needless to say the first two weeks was sweet spot heaven- I even lost 8lbs :biggrin2:. I can now eat more and have even gained a pound:angry:. So I am back to looking for that sweet spot!

I have 2cc's in my 10cc band (4 fills) and I think I've just now found my sweet spot! I had sort of an epiphany when I realized that I had gotten there. Now I know how it's supposed to work! I get it now!! I eat very little, so I have to make sure the nutrition is there, and I am not hungry for several hours. I am starting to lose again now. I have been losing very slowly up until now, but still averaging 4-5 lbs a month. The doctor is happy with my progress, but my addictive personality wanted it NOW!! I am six months out, and down 78 lbs including what I lost pre-op. Be patient if you can, it's different for everyione. If you are like me, you'll definitely know when you are there!! May God Bless you on this journey...Sue