Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Top of the Seventh: It's just a stomach.

When I was talking to Nina before my surgery, I started asking her all these questions about things I could have afterwards. I specifically wanted to know about supplements; fish oil, mega-nutrition shakes, whole food Vitamin tablets. She went into kind of a long, charming answer and I finally interrupted and her and said, well. It sounds like what you're saying is that after the healing period, it's just a stomach.

And she said yes! That's right, it's just a stomach!

The first weeks -- say up to a couple days ago -- I did not feel like what I had in me was just a stomach. What it felt like was a shredded, cranky pinata so surly that *it* had to be blindfolded. Now I feel like I might have a stomach, or something that plans to be one soon.

I had pizza about five days ago, very slowly, the real kind .I ate maybe a slice total, pulling at the thin crust and leaving the back end. I had a Taco Bell crunchwrap supreme that went down almost okay about a sixth at a time; but at the end there was a very alarming, deep-core, kind of gravelly pain in the very middle of my body that got me worried so I went back to full liquids for a day.

I'm not sure but I think this is around the time that SBM ( Sleevers Before Me) begin to radio the board, saying, um. I can eat a *lot*. I've had the same phenomena lately. I ate a whole Lean Pocket. It took me about an hour but it all slid down happily. I've been eating greek yogurt, cottage cheese, Protein Bars, mozzarella, Protein Shots and Lean Pockets. My calories are going up, from about 500 last week to nearer to 800 this week. Most food is really going down pretty well.

I appear to have a working digestive tract, putting me right on a competitive evolutionary level with, say, everything other living organism with a spine so I consider that a plus.

The downside is that I was starting to think that careful 500 was the new normal. Nope. 800 a day for two days made me nervous. It's a still a serious caloric deficit but major anorexia just doesn't last forever. You can call it a blessing and a curse. And a successful surgery, so far.

One week left and I'm at two months. About 42 pounds down. Amazing. Mostly amazing because two months, two months ago, seemed like five presidential administrations and a line at Disneyworld in June away.

I thought I could eat more at one point but then wham something happens and you know you are only able to comfortably eat a small portion. Sometimes I look at the portion and think it is hugh and then I have co-workers (who have no idea I had surgery) say is that all you are eating! Life is adjusting and yes your stomach will tell you when you went too far. Either by pain or everyone out of the pool situation.

I am almost 3 months out and it feels like a lifetime ago that I had the surgery.

Congrats on ur journey so far! all your posts were so good! I keep re reading them for the fun and the knowledge!

Sometimes I feel like I can eat more too, it doesnt freak me out when later I discover it was so soft food and yes it can pass that quick and allow me for more.. I think US eating more is in no way comparable to us eating more preOP!

keep ur posts coming and I Wish u all the happiness in ur life:)

It is so not fair to make me laugh! But I should know to put a pillow on my abdomen and be ready when I click your posts- the pinata remark hurt me big!

Thank you for giving me hope that this incredibly intense period will fade and be a memory. I had an inkling today because I was doing so much better I forgot the sobbing in the shower day a few days ago completely.

Thanks too for the hope that I WILL eat again....real food. Three weeks of clears with Protein shakes followed by two weeks of full liquids and THEN mushies? I can't even figure out when I will eat again. Maybe at eight weeks like you!

As you forget this even happened- don't forget US!

It is so not fair to make me laugh! But I should know to put a pillow on my abdomen and be ready when I click your posts- the pinata remark hurt me big!

Thank you for giving me hope that this incredibly intense period will fade and be a memory. I had an inkling today because I was doing so much better I forgot the sobbing in the shower day a few days ago completely.

Thanks too for the hope that I WILL eat again....real food. Three weeks of clears with Protein shakes followed by two weeks of full liquids and THEN mushies? I can't even figure out when I will eat again. Maybe at eight weeks like you!

As you forget this even happened- don't forget US!

:). I won't Miss Madge, but here now, what did I tell you about the crying? You thought I was an isolated case I bet. Surgery just brings on delayed onset tears for some reason. This just never really bothered me, I just sort of reported it as a symptom. Yep, okay, crying again. What else can you do? For all we know it could be good for us.

:). I won't Miss Madge, but here now, what did I tell you about the crying? You thought I was an isolated case I bet. Surgery just brings on delayed onset tears for some reason. This just never really bothered me, I just sort of reported it as a symptom. Yep, okay, crying again. What else can you do? For all we know it could be good for us.

It certainly cleans out the sinuses!

I haven't had the unexplained tears yet- that one was actually becasue I was having so much drinking- and because my doctor confirmed he wanted three weeks of clears plus Protein drinks instead of full liquids.

I am glad you reminded me....you know I think I need to print out your day by days to serve as a reference.

It really is amazing isn't it!? Living and Eating feels more "normal" now, but not like any normal I have ever known before!

Yesterday I had blueberry pancakes, Protein Drink, Pasta salad, Snacks with a movie (popcorn, chocolate covered raisins, cheese cracker things) and fake chicken Florentine. I ate 200 cals more than usual (985 cals...because I wanted to) and lost a pound. So lets recap here....regular food, extra snacks, 5 small meals....weightloss? 985 cals is 200 cals over what I usually eat?!! Normal?! I think they DID operate on my brain. Or I am starting to believe in miracles sister.....

Welcome to the club... the waters fine.

It really is amazing isn't it!? Living and Eating feels more "normal" now, but not like any normal I have ever known before!

Yesterday I had blueberry pancakes, Protein drink, Pasta salad, Snacks with a movie (popcorn, chocolate covered raisins, cheese cracker things) and fake chicken Florentine. I ate 200 cals more than usual (985 cals...because I wanted to) and lost a pound. So lets recap here....regular food, extra Snacks, 5 small meals....weightloss? 985 cals is 200 cals over what I usually eat?!! Normal?! I think they DID operate on my brain. Or I am starting to believe in miracles sister.....

Welcome to the club... the waters fine.

You know that was what I was envisioning for my post-sleeve life. No drama. You just go around like a normal person and when there's food you eat it and you fit into pants that could not also serve as a yurt for smaller indiginous peoples. :). I'm glad to hear I'm probably right.

:cheer2: Yes baby... we are ALL Losers!!:cheer2:

LOL.. I LOVE Crosswinds posts... they always put my whiny butt in a better perspective with this thing called surgery we've all experienced... I've had the onset of crying for no reason just sat and bawled. and I've had the time where I literally broke down and cried in the arms of my son for almost 2 hours.. Ive realized I can't get in 64oz of Water no matter HOW hard I try I just can't but I do take my Vitamins and every morning I have powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury with Mootopia milk that gives me 32 grams of Protein, today for lunch I had refried Beans with sour cream and cheese and got 5 bites out of that and put it down...

I am at the point that I'm tired of counting calories and Proteins because when you're as nutrition stupid as I am..it's WAY to much PRESSURE! If I grew up cooking I'd understand better, but I never learned to cook, had no desire to learn so this is all overwhelming to me.. grant it I'm almost 6 weeks post-op and it's NOT any easier for me.. so I eat and try some of the things you all post and I disregard those that don't work after I try, and I'm still losing; just slowly. I don't need to reach my goal in 2 months if it takes 6 that's OK at least I know I'll reach it and it's NOT coming back...

And I've learned that I can't compare Crosswinds loss to Meggie's to Mine or anyone else.. we're all different and our bodies think and react differently... so in saying all that.. we're all on a journey that might come easier for some, harder for others, but in the end, we'll be where we wanted to be when we started and we're all going to be a lot healthier and happier. :) So I'll help y'all stay focused and positive if you'll all help me with the nutrition parts when I start to whine :)

Love everyone here.. it's nice to be a part of forum without a bunch of haters complaining how it didn't work for them while they were chowing down on McDonald's 5 days a week and they swear it's their surgeons fault.. UGH

I Love this place :)

Ok, Im going to hijack this thread, but not tooo bad...

NORMAL food TIP service announcement:

I just bought Bobs red mill low carb baking mix.... It is soooo yummy! Thats what I made my blueberry pancakes out of,

it has lots of pro, little carbs, lots of Fiber and makes nice light pancakes. Next stop.... morning muffins! Now thats NORMAL!

:). Hey I had a minicupcake today with real frosting.

Here's the thing: I have the opportunity to eat normal, so I'm gonna. I've been reading people here eating serious lowcarb diets -- I'm not gonna unless I'm in a megastall. . I remember being on LC for two years and trying to get back to the "sweet spot" for another five, until the thought of subsisting on ground beef and pepperoni sticks sent me catatonic.

Part of my weight loss recovery is going to be to develop non-psychotic eating habits, which means if I want a minicupcake and I can afford the calories, I'm going to eat it. Rest of todays food was a chobani greek, lc Pasta with cottage cheese, Protein bar, and I tried this chocolate chip Protein cookie. 65 grams of protein, 800 calories...etc. I'm done obsessing.

I didn't really do a pre-op diet so I think that's why I lost so much so fast -- so far. I ate lowcarb for a week beforehand and maybe lost five pounds. It's slowing down a lot -- six pounds in the last two weeks. If you see someone with a really high initial loss, check to see if they did any dieting preop.

Hi, I was told to take only 30 minutes for a meal. Some foods go down easier then others and of course the easy foods are the bad ones so I try to always eat Protein first. I am almost 9 months out and my stomach pretty much is just a stomach now only with a smaller capacity. I certainly can eat more then I did early on but no where to the extent I ate before my sleeve. I probably take in between 1000 to 1200 a day.

Here's the thing: I have the opportunity to eat normal, so I'm gonna. I've been reading people here eating serious lowcarb diets -- I'm not gonna unless I'm in a megastall. . I remember being on LC for two years and trying to get back to the "sweet spot" for another five, until the thought of subsisting on ground beef and pepperoni sticks sent me catatonic.

Part of my weight loss recovery is going to be to develop non-psychotic eating habits, which means if I want a minicupcake and I can afford the calories, I'm going to eat it. Rest of todays food was a chobani greek, lc Pasta with cottage cheese, Protein bar, and I tried this chocolate chip Protein cookie. 65 grams of protein, 800 calories...etc. I'm done obsessing.

I didn't really do a pre-op diet so I think that's why I lost so much so fast -- so far. I ate lowcarb for a week beforehand and maybe lost five pounds. It's slowing down a lot -- six pounds in the last two weeks. If you see someone with a really high initial loss, check to see if they did any dieting preop.

That is an interesting concept- in fact after my surgery (wow- a week tomorrow- gotta look for your post from then and compare!) I remember thinking- well of course it slows down for a while- I just lost 18 pounds in two weeks BEFORE ! It is also why I consider day one of my liquid the start of my surgery.

As for the carbs- I do believe (time will tell!) the we have a real honeymoon period where the restriction is major and I want to optimize it. I have never counted carbs before though I did Atkins YEARS ago and I remember now it was pretty good for me.

The first You Tuber I watched back in February-Juliarh- has done 30 (I think net) carbs a day and she has lost over 120 pounds in 8 months. Not fat, , just carbs and protein and Water. I want to do that so at first I am going to have her be my sleeve icon.

Given we know our sleeves will indeed be larger- and knowing I was brought to this drastic point by my own ability to subterfuge myself, I NEED to maximize this loss and not give it too much time so I hope to be near goal before my honeymoon is over- plus that will get the habits I want to really be in place. In the past before starting a "diet" I always felt defeated before I started. This time I know I have the best tool I have ever had. I want to ROCK it!

HOWEVER- if this mini cupcake thing works too- I am ON BOARD! Cake is my THING.

I follow the Protein first rule, so when i eat the treats, I focus on high protein, such as the low carb/high protein baking mix. Just mixing it up with the sources. I do have chocolate or something now and then, but its all in the plan and written down....and very small amounts for sure. I don't think I ever got as much protein as I do now... this may have been part of my prob in the past...

I read that wrong, Crosswind. I thought you ate a 65 gram protein cookie. I was about to order me a lifetime supplysmile.gif