Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH I think I'm eating too much & too often.. :(

My doc told me to take the acid reducer for 6 months, even if I didn't have symptoms. I take Zegerid OTC, it has worked the best for me compared to prilosec and Nexium.

Regarding the food: I eat 6 times a day - it is the only way I can get in even close to my 600-800 calorie guideline. I never could drink the Protein shakes, so I am trying my best to get Protein from food. I really don't see anything wrong with the food or portions you are eating. If you are concerned about retaining Water, you may want to back off of the canned food because of the sodium. I lose 1 to 2 pounds a week at this point. A usual day:

7:00 am - Zegerid OTC

8:15 am - Trader Joe's mini-brie bite (just under 1 oz of brie cheese) with 4 multi grain flax crackers

10:00am - one packet flax oatmeal and my multi Vitamin

12:00 pm - 1/4 cup of last night's leftovers (usually chicken with some sort of sauce. Maybe ground beef with sauce)

2:00 pm - yogurt

3:30 pm - one string cheese

6:00 pm - Dinner: usually 1/4 cup plus of chicken or beef mentioned above

That is just a sample - I have a lot more variation on the weekend, but it fits the same portion and timing pattern.

You can't worry about a 2 pound gain - seriously, you are not eating enough food to gain weight that is going to stick around. You may be hitting the dreaded 3-5 week stall a little late. That is perfectly normal. Drink a lot of Water, cut some sodium out, add a few healthy carbs (for fiber) and walk away from the scale for a week.

I only weigh once every 2 weeks - it saves your sanity!!

Tiffykins said taking a PPI helped her. She found it really helps stave off hunger (excess acid can mimic the sensation of hunger in some people). I just got some Omeprazole today (at last!!), so I'll see how I get on.

yeah Prilosec OTC but I've not taken them i don't feel heartburn or reflux OMG SHOULD I START??

Every doc's plan is different. I am 8 weeks post-op and here's how my day normally goes...

Breakfast:

2 eggs 140 calories, 2 carbs, 9 fat, 12 Protein

1 tbsp light margarine 50 calories, 0 carbs, 5 fat, 0 protein

1 slice whole grain toast 79 calories, 15 carbs, 1 fat, 3 protein

Lunch:

2 slices black forrest ham (2oz) 70 calories, 2 carbs, 2 fat, 10 protein

2 slices swiss cheese 200 calories, 0 carbs, 14 fat, 14 protein

Dinner:

3.5oz chicken breast 87 calories, 0 carbs, 4 fat, 21 protein

1 cup garden salad 8 calories, 2 carbs, 0 fat, 1 protein

1/8 cup refried Beans 30 calories, 6 carbs, 0 fat, 2 protein

Snack:

chips and salsa (15 chips) 100 calories, 19 carbs, 5 fat, 2 protein

Total: 764 calories, 46 carbs, 40 fat, 65 protein

I use myfitnesspal...here's my link: Daily food Diary

You are doing GREAT Lisa! Way to GO!

Tiffykins said taking a PPI helped her. She found it really helps stave off hunger (excess acid can mimic the sensation of hunger in some people). I just got some Omeprazole today (at last!!), so I'll see how I get on.

i wasnt taking them the first week either, but my doc told me i could get ulcers if i dont take them.

I also found that my weight loss increased when I increased my Water intake. I am getting in my required Proteins, low carbs, Vitamins and such and I am able to drink 96oz of Water a day. My weight loss has really picked up since I did this. Oh and I get all of my protien from food sources now. I save the Protein drinks for days that I may be rushed and miss a meal.

You are doing a great job so far!

Don't feel bad HUG There is a HUGE l Learning curve going on. It takes time to figure things out. The ONLY reason I knew to eat every three hours was because of a failed diet from 5yrs ago that explained that if you're not eating at least every 3 hours while consuming such small portions your metabalism will go on hiatus. As long as you are feeding your body every few hours (regardless of how little you may be eating!) your body will work to burn off fat.

Apple=Saucy.

Thanks for the tidbit about eating every 3 hours. I didn't know that. I

I'm still frustrated as hell... Ya know this can't be rocket science WHY am "I" so nutrition stupid... Today I had 4 bites of oatmeal for Breakfast no Protein drink, had 2 bottles of Water and 2 Popsicles.... for lunch I made Beef Stew one of the little microwave ones and blended it and ate it with 2 Whole Wheat Toll House Crackers and of course my Vitamins.... and as of now my readings are:

Fat 15

Carbs 64

Protein 32

Calories 550

WHY can't I get my carbs LOW.. UGH and my Protein HIGH.... I would like to think I'm not this stupid LOL FRUSTRATED UGH UGH UGH... I think I need a nutrition course lol

Ok I'll stop whining.. :(

I'm still frustrated as hell... Ya know this can't be rocket science WHY am "I" so nutrition stupid... Today I had 4 bites of oatmeal for Breakfast no Protein drink, had 2 bottles of Water and 2 Popsicles.... for lunch I made Beef Stew one of the little microwave ones and blended it and ate it with 2 Whole Wheat Toll House Crackers and of course my Vitamins.... and as of now my readings are:

Fat 15

Carbs 64

Protein 32

Calories 550

WHY can't I get my carbs LOW.. UGH and my Protein HIGH.... I would like to think I'm not this stupid LOL FRUSTRATED UGH UGH UGH... I think I need a nutrition course lol

Ok I'll stop whining.. :(

For low carbs, you pretty much have to eat all protein--no oatmeal, no prepared microwave meals, no crackers. Even a cup of skim milk has 13 gms of carbs. My turkey breast which I had for breakfast has 3 carbs as it's honey-roasted. My meals are fish, seafood, meat, greek yogurt, chicken, and eggs. cheese as a condiment and half&half in coffee.

So that means stay on my Protein Drink 3x a day... my Dr said to take yogurt 2x a day but heck thats outrageous... company is here.. bbl

Someone had posted a link to a list of high Protein foods in the last few days - maybe try that?

So that means stay on my Protein drink 3x a day... my Dr said to take yogurt 2x a day but heck thats outrageous... company is here.. bbl

Here's the link I posted of foods high in Protein. However, you still need to keep in mind to check their other values...calories, fat, carbs, etc...to make sure you don't exceed your daily limits. :)

Protein food