Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UGH I think I'm eating too much & too often.. :(

My daily is usually a 8oz Protein Shake that takes me about 30 mins to drink... Then at 10 I'll have 2oz of Yogurt as a snack .. at lunch I'll have 2oz canned chicken w/little bit of Lowfat mayo and 2 Wheat Townhouse crackers .. around 3 I'll have another Protein shake and finally for dinner I'll have another canned chicken like lunch and around 8 I'll have a popsicle... the scale is NOT moving for the past 3 days I've gained 2lbs.. I was 225 but now Im up... what am I doing wrong??

The Dr. said to jump my calories to 800 calories and eating all that doesn't give me 800 calories i'm lucky if I hit 650.

Any ideas?

What times do you all eat?? I feel overwhelmed and lost and you'd think by now I'd learn how to do this VSG! UGH!!

Thanks gang :)

I don't know if you'll be able to see this or not...http://www.sparkpeop...lementByID=TRUE

That was yesterday for me. If you can't click it I'll be happy to type it out. Yesterday I got in 817 calories 18 carbs and 95 grams of Protein.

I eat every 3is hours.

My daily is usually a 8oz Protein shake that takes me about 30 mins to drink... Then at 10 I'll have 2oz of Yogurt as a snack .. at lunch I'll have 2oz canned chicken w/little bit of Lowfat mayo and 2 Wheat Townhouse crackers .. around 3 I'll have another Protein Shake and finally for dinner I'll have another canned chicken like lunch and around 8 I'll have a popsicle... the scale is NOT moving for the past 3 days I've gained 2lbs.. I was 225 but now Im up... what am I doing wrong??

The Dr. said to jump my calories to 800 calories and eating all that doesn't give me 800 calories i'm lucky if I hit 650.

Any ideas?

What times do you all eat?? I feel overwhelmed and lost and you'd think by now I'd learn how to do this VSG! UGH!!

Thanks gang :)

That's cool. I'm gonna have to get more into sparkpeople! wink.gif BTW the link works fine.

I don't know if you'll be able to see this or not...http://www.sparkpeop...lementByID=TRUE

That was yesterday for me. If you can't click it I'll be happy to type it out. Yesterday I got in 817 calories 18 carbs and 95 grams of Protein.

I eat every 3is hours.

Oh and my lunch yesterday it was more like 1/8 cup of cheese but I didn't feel like doing the math to figure out 1/8 in decimal form laugh.gif

and the Afternoon snack...the egg drop Soup...light (my recipe) was more like a "burning the candle and both ends it's super late and my stomach is acting hungry what's the least horrible thing I can eat right now" snack unsure.gif

Every doc's plan is different. I am 8 weeks post-op and here's how my day normally goes...

Breakfast:

2 eggs 140 calories, 2 carbs, 9 fat, 12 Protein

1 tbsp light margarine 50 calories, 0 carbs, 5 fat, 0 protein

1 slice whole grain toast 79 calories, 15 carbs, 1 fat, 3 protein

Lunch:

2 slices black forrest ham (2oz) 70 calories, 2 carbs, 2 fat, 10 protein

2 slices swiss cheese 200 calories, 0 carbs, 14 fat, 14 protein

Dinner:

3.5oz chicken breast 87 calories, 0 carbs, 4 fat, 21 protein

1 cup garden salad 8 calories, 2 carbs, 0 fat, 1 protein

1/8 cup refried Beans 30 calories, 6 carbs, 0 fat, 2 protein

Snack:

chips and salsa (15 chips) 100 calories, 19 carbs, 5 fat, 2 protein

Total: 764 calories, 46 carbs, 40 fat, 65 protein

I use myfitnesspal...here's my link: Daily food Diary

WOW I'm gonna have to hang out at Spark People... so basically I'm not eating right I'm relying only on my Protein drinks which are getting OLD... :( Thanks so much for the link and sharing what you ate.. that helps alot..

I really want some chili I'm thinking of going to Walmart and buying some cream cheese and deli meat and some chili LOL

I can't thank you enough.. I'm afraid that here I drained my savings acct since I don't have insurance and I'm gonna screw this up.. :(

Don't feel bad HUG There is a HUGE l Learning curve going on. It takes time to figure things out. The ONLY reason I knew to eat every three hours was because of a failed diet from 5yrs ago that explained that if you're not eating at least every 3 hours while consuming such small portions your metabalism will go on hiatus. As long as you are feeding your body every few hours (regardless of how little you may be eating!) your body will work to burn off fat.

WOW I'm gonna have to hang out at Spark People... so basically I'm not eating right I'm relying only on my Protein drinks which are getting OLD... :( Thanks so much for the link and sharing what you ate.. that helps alot..

I really want some chili I'm thinking of going to Walmart and buying some cream cheese and deli meat and some chili LOL

I can't thank you enough.. I'm afraid that here I drained my savings acct since I don't have insurance and I'm gonna screw this up.. :(

So you must eat like 7 - 12 - 5 roughly... and you drink just Water in between? I just ate at noon and my tummys rumbling maybe it's not rumbling hell I dont know what it's doing LOL

I hate water.. like I HATE WATER...I have a hard time getting one bottle down let alone 6 :(

I've never been a Water drinker... Hell I've not been a drinker drinker LOL I do like the crystal lights but most are tangy and tart .. I use to like Diet Green Tea by Lipton, I could drink 6 of those a day LOL

Oh Ok so you'r ejust not used to drinking Water. wink.gif Chug it baby...the colder the better...also try different brands of bottled water some taste LOADS better than others. I prefer spring water to filtered water...it just tastes better. biggrin.gif

So you must eat like 7 - 12 - 5 roughly... and you drink just Water in between? I just ate at noon and my tummys rumbling maybe it's not rumbling hell I dont know what it's doing LOL

I hate water.. like I HATE WATER...I have a hard time getting one bottle down let alone 6 :(

Might be tummy acid you're feeling. Has your doc prescribed you a PPI...Pepcid, etc...yet? It does help. Sometimes we confuse acid with hunger. And thinking back, maybe it had a lot to do with my over eating pre-op.

yeah Prilosec OTC but I've not taken them i don't feel heartburn or reflux OMG SHOULD I START??

Starry,

I was having the same problem and I found it was the Soup I was eating. It has a lot of sodium and was making me retain more Water. As soon as I cut that out and drank lots more Water I was back down the 2 pounds I'd gained.

Are you drinking enouch water or taking in the amount of fluids you need? I love pospicles so I eat several in the day and drink shakes and so on.

Don't freak out just yet. It doesn't sound like you are eating alot or badly either.