Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constiaption and weight stalls

So I have a question. I have been having ALOT of trouble with Constipation, I'm drinking the Water, moving around, yadda,yadda,yadda. What I reallly want to know is, Can being "backed up" cause my weight stalls? I find that I don't "go" for 4-5 days and by then I have to use a laxative and finally do go(sometimes on minutely!). And when I go a decent amount, I start losing pounds again. Sorry, totally TMI, but I need help!! Thanks,

I'm convinced that if what goes in does not come out it must affect your weight.

I'm prone to Constipation too but don't like laxatives, so i have benefibre which is a tasteless odourless fibre supplement which you can add to literally any drink (I have a couple of spoonfulls in my coffee 2-3 times a day) and its just enough to keep the wheels in motion so to speak.

Good luck!

I am extremely by bothered Constipation. In six weeks since surgery, i have only gone on average 1 time per week. So surely, this affects my weight loss. I think im not putting in enough to have anything come out. I have increased my Water, taking more walks and I will certainly pick up some of that benefiber. Oh and I have lost my addiction to STRING cheese. Im sure that wasnt helping my situation.

Good Luck!

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I am buying some benefiber TODAY! I am so DONE with this Constipation. Thanks again!

I added an oatmeal/flax hot Cereal to my regimen every day and I am regular as can be. Yes, it has carbs, but lots of Fiber.

Good luck-

Lara

Yep, if I ain't goin' I ain't losin'. Poo weighs a lot. I use Fiber chews (which I am going to switch to benefiber once I run out) and I also use Dieter's Tea. It has a natural effect called Senna. It works! You don't wanna abuse this stuff.

Speaking of oatmeal, Quaker makes a Hi Fiber type and it works wonderfully. I love the stuff and it will hold me 6 hours!! It's very satisfying.

Lots here also suggest Miralax - though I haven't tried it myself. It might be worth the try.

Good luck!!

I am having the same problem I barley every have to do the #2!!! I was thinking about getting more fiber or a pill to help me go because I am not regular at all!

I'm convinced that if what goes in does not come out it must affect your weight.

I'm prone to Constipation too but don't like laxatives, so i have benefibre which is a tasteless odourless fibre supplement which you can add to literally any drink (I have a couple of spoonfulls in my coffee 2-3 times a day) and its just enough to keep the wheels in motion so to speak.

Good luck!

OMG... this has been a pain in my butt - pun intended - ALL my adult life. I started to use flax seeds but they don't work so good now... where do you get the benefibre from Cludgie, cos it sound good to me... my wheels need oiling big time. I'm lucky if I do a number 2 twice a week!!

I never had this problem before. In fact, it has almost always been the opposite due to IBS. The first 2 weeks IBS continued, but when I added the Iron supplement and the different diet, I am now having issues with the Constipation.< /span>

Miralax is quite gentle. In fact when my wife had a colonoscopy recently, they had a new method to prep her (no gallon jug of half Lytely or those little pills that can tear you up). She had a 64 ounce jug of G2 and mixed it with a fairly big dose of Miralax.

I am going to go take some now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The benifiber did not work well for me, the good old thick psylium seek husk type works best for me.

please be very careful with laxatives because the body can become addicted to them and in the end (HA! sorry lol) make the issue worse. Apparently miralax is the one of choice. Iron is also constipating but if you need it, you need it...no way around that one.

please be very careful with laxatives because the body can become addicted to them and in the end (HA! sorry lol) make the issue worse. Apparently miralax is the one of choice. Iron is also constipating but if you need it, you need it...no way around that one.

So is vit D

Miralax is a laxative, too.

Hey, I'm lactose intolerant, so when I need to go, all I have to do is drink some milk. Prestobiggrin.gif