Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mini-Goals, anyone????

I have a mini-goal coming up for June 23! I hope by June 23rd that I am at 250lbs. I am going to my boyfriend's family reunion in San Diego and we are going to be at a beachside resort so I have to be bikini ready!!!! lol. I'm so looking forward to buying new clothes but I don't intend on shopping until the week before the trip! I hope to be able to fit a size 14 or 16 by then, lets see how this goes!!!

Anyone wanna share????

I love mini goals. In the beginning they were weight related but as I am such a slow loser I have changed tact. Now they are either size related or exercise related. This helps me stay focused on the positives and makes me 'feel' better.

So, my next mini goal is to get into a size 14 (UK) and wear them out... I have a pair of trousers in size 14 that do up, but not acceptable in public....lol.

My mini goals regarding exercise are in the bozing gym. Each time I go I try to do one more sit up, push up, 10 extra secs skipping etc. I have to say, my right jab is coming on lovely too...lol!!

That's pretty awesome!!!! How often do you box? I can't remember the last time I wore a size 14 lol. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

That's pretty awesome!!!! How often do you box? I can't remember the last time I wore a size 14 lol. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Hey,

My son goes to a local boxing gym, he is nearly 11 and really enjoying it... doing really well and thinking about fighting. The training has really changed his lil body and he is soooo lean and trim and very strong considering he is so young and fairly small. I found out they did ladies sessions... at first I was worried that I was too fat and that the ladies that went were all Amazion -types...lol

Anyway about 6-7 weeks ago I persuaded a friend to come with me and to my surprise the ladies there were all shapes! There aren't that many of us in a session, but I like that. I have worked up to twice a week now and the best NSV for me is to be able to go, train like a demon and not ache like hell the next day. We do the same work out as the fellas, no slacking and plenty of sweat! The coach is the Welsh coach and he is amazing... I modify the stuff I can't do but still work the same muscle groups and get the same benefits. I really look forward to it now!!

That sounds pretty cool. My school is offering some kick boxing classes for free like the first week of summer so I may look into that and see if they offer boxing as well. I bet that is a really intense good workout!

I really love mini-goals, which is why I like to do the "What will you weigh" threads! :D My husbands family is having a family reunion Labor Day weekend and my hope is to be at my ultimate goal by then...:blink: but first things first, right now I want to get to 180 Lbs which will put me at 150 Lbs total lost.

This really makes it so much easire to do IMO - sepecially when you're like me and needed to lose well over 100 lbs (borderline 200)

Work it!!!

I've been looking for the what will you weigh thread!!! lol- I saw it once and I was inputting my info and then I clicked something and I lost the page!!! I'm gonna try to find it again.

Mini-goals are a great motivator! My next goal is to lose ten more pounds so I can be "overweight" instead of "obese"!

My first goal is to get to twoterville, 299 which I weighed 7 years ago the year my dad passed, I was doing Atkins at the time. I gained 90 pounds in 7 years geesh.

Then I have a small goal after that and it is to weigh less than my husband and never pass him again. I think he is about 280, so thats a small second goal.

Then on to 250 which is significant to when I met my husband 11 years ago and then Onederland which brings me back 18 years to when I got pregnant with my oldest.

I know my "normal" weight is supposed to be like 125 at my height however getting to Onderland will be awesome and anything after that is just bonus IMO.

I see most of you have already found it! :) In case anyone else wants to join, here's the link: http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/16638-4th-of-july-what-will-you-weigh/

Good luck!! Cheers to the mini goals!!

I set mini goals very often. I had one to be 229 before my trip to Miami (this past weekend) and I was 228 at take off on Thursday. My next mini goal is my for July where I want to be 200. I know that ambitious but it motivates me.

Motivation is the key!!! Congrats! How was Miami?

I set mini goals very often. I had one to be 229 before my trip to Miami (this past weekend) and I was 228 at take off on Thursday. My next mini goal is my for July where I want to be 200. I know that ambitious but it motivates me.

I wanna get to 250...i haven't weighed that since maybe late HS or early college smh...if it could coincide with 7/4 or shortly there after I'd be ecstatic!

That's a pretty good goal, you are almost there!!!rolleyes.gif

I wanna get to 250...i haven't weighed that since maybe late HS or early college smh...if it could coincide with 7/4 or shortly there after I'd be ecstatic!