Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

still on clear liqued diet

:mellow: 21 days on liqued diet and 8th day on clear liqued diet and i dont think i can see anymore chicken broth yuk, I dont even want to smell it ughhhh Im afraid if i skip drinking the broth it might cause a problem i have 5 more days and then i go back to semi liquieds I think i can even have a hard boiled egg and tuna. Whats even more frustrating I have only lost 5lbs since surgery 5/02/2011. :( I have seen some people loose 10-15 7 days post op... Should i skip the broth?

I am 6 days post-op and started my full liquid stage today. For me the broth, while boring, was really the only hot thing I was drinking during that whole clear liquid phase so I was looking forward to it. I only drank it once a day so I didn't get tired of it. The rest of the day was filled with Protein drinks that took hours to consume, SF Popsicles and Water. I was so happy to finally be able to have a yogurt but I am sure this time next week I probably won't want to see any more yogurt either.

I have only lost about 6 lbs, it takes time. Your body is recovering from major surgery. It will start coming off.

:( Thanks for the respond i was starting to feel I was alone in the slow wieght lost..... I was thinking maybe Im going to be the one it did not work for ... I went out to supermarket yesterday and bought beef broth and yes i think Im going to stick with once a day on broth I wont start my full liq diet until Friday so I have a couple of days to go. I was looking up some info and I also got feedback that maybe i was not getting enuf protien so I bought what is called a protien shot it has 26 grams of protien no sugars, now I just have to figure out how im going to drink it between my 60oz of Water

Remember they pumped you full of fluids, plus your body just endured a major trauma. Don't expect to lose weight after putting your body through hell. Focus on staying hydrated and recovery. You're only 8 days out, and you've lost 5lbs, that's nearly a pound a day. Keep pushing fluids, I added a little light/lower sodium soy sauce to change the flavor and that helped tremendously. Try not to compare your weight loss numbers to others, some may have more to lose than you do, and every person has a different recovery. Use caution with the Protein Shots, they are not a complete Protein, and are made of mainly a collagen protein, a lot of people find them too sweet to tolerate. I did use them sparingly because some protein was better than none, but they were not tolerated well for me.

I'm following my plan to the lettter. It's not as strict as yours and I'm taking in about 350-400 calories a day. I'm 13 days out from surgery and not losing. I haven't lost anything in the past 6 days. I'm not holding Water and getting a reasonable amount of exercise.

Right now I'd just like to meet one of those food expert jerks who say "calories in calories out - it's that simple" just so I could smack the stupid off of them.

I imagine I will begin to lose weight when I can transition to food and go low carb. But that was always the way it worked for me so I'm wondering where the big benefit of this surgery is. I get sick of eating low carb all the time. I'm hoping I'll just get to where I don't care about food at all and can just use it for fuel. Then low carb won't be such a drudgery.

Yea, I'm fed up. :angry: You can only keep thinking "it will start falling off" for so long and then you start to wonder. With pre-op 580 calories a day for 9 days I am one week short of a month in time and I've lost far less than I would have if I had joined weight watchers.