Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So the sleeve makes you CRAZY???

Ok, this is good and bad. But I guess thats how my last 26 days since surgery have been. I have had horrible very bad days...and great I can actually eat some food days. None in a row, never can predict which kind of day it will be...just gotta go with it. Stay positive and repeat the underlying mantra of this page..IT WILL GET BETTER!!!

But, did they laproscopically remove part of my brain!? I am just a scatterbrain, I forget things so easily, I don't do things I should..I brain blank at work on the computer some days, to date the most trips back in the house from the car to leave for work is 5, how can one person (usually a fairly smart intelligent together person) forget!!!...I am a full fledged WACKO! Did surgery do that to anyone else!?

On top of all that, if you see my ticker...I am planning a BIG wedding. Wonderful and fun, but also stressful and exhausting. On top of working full time and 5 teenagers! Will I survive all this???

So...to make me happy, I go and look at wedding dresses today. I wasn't going to, who knows what I will look like in MARCH! But, I did it. Found one, loved it...it was on SALE! So I bought it. Now...scroll down to before mentioned ticker....75lbs to go and what do I do!? I buy my size 16 butt a size 10 wedding dress. No pressure there right??? Right. Its done, no going back now...what did I do? Now I have to make it, I have to figure it out...oh and I have to WORK OUT MY ARMS! Its strapless...I cannot have saggy hanging bat wings!!!

So...as evidenced by the lapse in sanity today and forgetfulness and absentmindedness...has anyone else lost thier mind when they lost most of their belly!??? :)

Lol!! I will have my surgery next Friday and I already bought a to- dye for pair of jeans I have always wanted!! Not 14 but Size 8!! I guess it's just optimism :) I hung them

On the wall to remind me that this hard decision is for a lifetime of health and lookin good! Congrats on your wedding!!

Lol, I haven't even had mine, it's scheduled for the 19th, and am already planning shopping trips into my mom's closet. She is a size 12-14 clothes horse and wouldn't know something was gone. She has started for me too. She has a pair of pants size 8/10 she said I could have because they don't fit her. Here i am in a size 20. Nah.... we aren't crazy, just ready.

As you lose fat the extra estrogen that was stored there gets released into your system making you a little crazy. Kinda like PMS when your not PMS

-ing. I already have my goal pants hanging in my closet. I'm no were near to goal but seeing them reminds me why I had this surgery. I. Determined to fit into them. With only 3 months post op vie already lost 60 pounds so I'm hoping by this time next year I'll fit I to them. Congrats on the wedding.

You're totally going to be a size ten and buff by your wedding. You've got almost a year. :)

You may need to take it in in a years time!

My daughter just looked at it and said, MOM YOU BOUGHT IT SO SMALLLLLLL! She's 14...I think I had heart palpatations when she said it. I just wish I had ANY energy left after working a full day. My job as a nurse is pretty mellow as far as some nursing jobs go, but definitely not a desk job. I just feel so empty...of ambition, energy and strength when I get home. When will I have more 'get up and go' to get this flub to go!???

Hahaha...Honey I lost all my mind and sanity years ago! Sorry, no help there, but good luck! Everything will be fine! :) I am planning my wedding too, (next month!) and I have a toddler. Sometimes I feel like I have two kids including the Hunny! Just take everything one day at a time, and know post-its are great! Hahaha. Good luck!

Ok, this is good and bad. But I guess thats how my last 26 days since surgery have been. I have had horrible very bad days...and great I can actually eat some food days. None in a row, never can predict which kind of day it will be...just gotta go with it. Stay positive and repeat the underlying mantra of this page..IT WILL GET BETTER!!!

But, did they laproscopically remove part of my brain!? I am just a scatterbrain, I forget things so easily, I don't do things I should..I brain blank at work on the computer some days, to date the most trips back in the house from the car to leave for work is 5, how can one person (usually a fairly smart intelligent together person) forget!!!...I am a full fledged WACKO! Did surgery do that to anyone else!?

On top of all that, if you see my ticker...I am planning a BIG wedding. Wonderful and fun, but also stressful and exhausting. On top of working full time and 5 teenagers! Will I survive all this???

So...to make me happy, I go and look at wedding dresses today. I wasn't going to, who knows what I will look like in MARCH! But, I did it. Found one, loved it...it was on SALE! So I bought it. Now...scroll down to before mentioned ticker....75lbs to go and what do I do!? I buy my size 16 butt a size 10 wedding dress. No pressure there right??? Right. Its done, no going back now...what did I do? Now I have to make it, I have to figure it out...oh and I have to WORK OUT MY ARMS! Its strapless...I cannot have saggy hanging bat wings!!!

So...as evidenced by the lapse in sanity today and forgetfulness and absentmindedness...has anyone else lost thier mind when they lost most of their belly!??? :)

In a year, I bet you will be having that dress taken in! I'm only 6 months out and already down to a size 6 from a very tight, not able to button 18. Things happen, very strange things happen to you right after surgery... My brain is still on a forgetful tangent, but I think that is because of my 4 year old twins and my 9 year old. they do things to make me forget what i was thinking, like move my purse in the morning, take my phone and play with it, put my coffee on the table when everything else that i need to take with me is on the counter! You know they like seeing me run mad, they think it is fun!!!

But, compared to the 2nd and 3rd month after surgery, I am so much better, I have so much energy that I can stay awake past 8 PM now! I hadn't realized there were such great shows on TV!!! LOL

Trust me it does get better with time, you are still FRESH!

Good luck,

Patti

i had forgetful-itis after my surgery too. so bad, i would make my meals the night before and lovingly used sticky notes to remind myself not to forget my lunch. or my Protein, or my KEYS! lol...but i am a little further out now, and its improving, i think drastic change does that to you. lol...but i still have my pre op brain, so there is no hope for me :lol:. You are going to be more than ready for your wedding...congrats by the way. I am in a wedding this fall and i had to pre order my dress before my surgery. and i said a daring size 16 lol. which i am now already in from a 24w. so i will no doubt have to take mine in. but what a great feeling that will be! Good luck chica!

Oh yeah- had/have a case of the forgetfuls too. My worse is trying to go the store without a list- can't do it after surgery! I can even remember something I need, walk to that aisle, and then forget what I just remembered- what? I feel so ditzy sometimes in conversations because I can't remember things I should. I heard it is normal after surgery but I can't wait for this to be over.

I think it is great that your ordered a smaller dress. Great motivation for sure! I booked a cruise for exactly one year out to motivate me. The thought of even buying a swimsuit makes me cringe. Hoping I can lose a lot by then!

Good luck with your wedding and your continued weight loss! :D

Nah.... we aren't crazy, just ready.

I totally agree. Besides if being plus size hasn't taught us anything it has taught us to be realistic. If come January you aren't in at least a 12, go and find another dress or kick it up a notch.

I forget so much I need to fire myself.

But don't worry...they can make a size 10 a size 6. Just hard to make a 6 a 10.

You'll be fine. Your post made me laugh.

Where do you live?

Hey kids05! I've got good news for you. You're just suffering from something called "brain fog" -- it can be caused by physical/emotional stress that knocks your body's glandular system out of whack. It's a common thing to have with chronic fatigue syndrome (which I have), but it can be caused by a lot of diff things.

Even if you don't feel crippling fatigue or other symptoms, you should check out the book _From Fatigued to Fantastic_. It REALLY helped me. Some of the things I've been taking that helped me in the brain dept have been Rhodiola Rosea (the arctic version), Acetyl L-Carnitine, magnesium, b vits (tho I had to dial back cuz I had too much in my blood! but I appear to be overly sensitive), and ProBoost when I am feeling sick. Rx wise, I felt SO much better once I got a prescription for trazodone (aka Desyrel) which helped deepen my light sleep which was triggered by cfs.

You shouldn't have to just suffer thru brain fog. It sucks and it can be fixed. Keep at it!