Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

Thank you again! its so good knowing I'm not alone. Sorry you all had to hear me PMS venting, I think I'll take a hot shower and vegg for the night. But before I do... let me tell you the hotel Lucerna is spotless, very nicely stocked with the basic toiletries, hair dryers are already here, coffee maker, too! the staff has been very friendly and eager to assist. We have a beautiful king-sized room with a balcony. There is (duh) internet access ('cause Im on it!) and the T.V. even has some english speaking channels. The driver picked us up right @ baggage just like they told us. If Im not laughed away at the door and humiliated at the clinic tomorrow...Ill post again ASAP. You all keep up the great work

I was banded on August 10, and I am still a gas machine. I am so lucky that I have my own office! I thought it would get better when I started varying my diet more (not so much vegetable soup), but it is still ridiculous. Think of your worst gassy day, then multiply that by 24 x 7. I'm not drinking soda (which was the first thing that my doctor asked me) or chewing gum. Gas-X is not working, so I am going to try the Rolaids soft chews.

Ok early August bandsters, how long before you could comfortably wear your button and zip shorts, pants, whatever? I'm a week out yesterday and while I can get them on, they are VERY uncomfortable! I know my tummy is still swollen, when can I expect that to go away? I would like to wear normal clothes again!

I was just complaining about the same thing!! I'm wearing elastic waist knit capris, every day so far. Before the surgery, I lived in jeans but when I put them on, I'm okay standing and then I sit down and the button and seam end up iritating one of my incisions. I'm sick of dressing like a slob.

I refuse to buy any clothes for a while. I have so many clothes from my various weight stages that I can use as long as I reach those weights during the right season!!! LOL!!!

I see a couple people getting banded this week. Best of luck to you!!!

Cheers to the August Bandsters!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

i'm three days post-op now, and all i want is Water. i feel like i just can't get enough of it. everything else i drink just makes me thirsty for water...

any more than four sips of water and my stomach is fullfullfull and i start with the belching and the gas and the stomach rumblings.

i was dreaming last night of sitting down with a big, full glass of water and just chugging it all down. ahhhh....

Help! I went to tickerfactory.com and pasted my tape in but the graphics won't show. What am I doing wrong!!! Someone please help me. :confused:

Help! I went to tickerfactory.com and pasted my tape in but the graphics won't show. What am I doing wrong!!! Someone please help me. :confused:

Bandster45 - sorry...you did click "save signature"...i see what you did.....right click on the graphic on the ticker page and click copy, then go into your signature and paste that in....don't paste the url, paste the actual graphic into your signature.

Hope this helps!

7 Days 'Til Solid Food... Any suggetions on a first meal?? I'm not obsessing or anything.... No, really! Just trying to plan ahead. The liquid diet has been fine. No huge problems with head hunger. Tomato Soup is my life-saver..half a cup at a time, of course. But I'm not sure what to start out with that won't shock my system and will provide Protein, etc. (NOT a fish fan..unless they're still swimming <grin>)

Also worried about calories; how can I keep soid foods from impeding my urrent progress...I've been losing 1/2 lb. a day so far. The last 3 days the scale hasn't budged. Now I know I have a slow metabolism; but shouldn't 4-500 lbs a day see more results? I am getting my 30g of protein w/Isopure...so I hope my body isn't going into starvation mode,,,storing fat and all. I know, I know...get off the scale on on the treadmill (lol) I AM obsessing.

Anyway; suggestions for first meals would be great!

...how can I keep soid foods from impeding my urrent progress...

This is obviously a fill-i-the-blank game...<answer: 'solid' foods and 'current' progress>

Sorry

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to post for a little moral support. I'm getting really nervous and anxiety is kicking in big time. My doc requires so much pre-op stuff that is just now hitting me like a ton of bricks. I'm just feeling very overwhelmed...in addition to the lack of food I have to do the following.

Starting today I have to use a body wash called Hibclens twice a day to wash my entire front area for the next 4 days. I also have to use Nystatin - swish and swallow 4 times a day also for the next four days. The morning of surgery I have to take a pill called Enmed to help prevent vomitting after coming out of surgery. Also the day before surgery I have to inject myself with Lovenox, a blood thinner, to prevent blood clots.

Now I know he's doing all of this for my own good and I'm very grateful that he's more into preventive meds, but it doesn't help my stress level.

I am 11 days into a 14 day pre-op liver reduction liquid diet. I'm doing quite well and don't really miss the food...well yeah I do! :faint: but anyway, I'm surviving. Some days are easier than others. I know there is light at the end of the tunnel and that's where I'm heading. After surgery, it's another 2 weeks of liquids and then 2 weeks of mushies. I don't know how I'm going to get through this!

I just felt the need to get this off my chest and hopefully garner a few great ideas, words of encouragement and some empathy :confused:.

I'm hanging in there though. My stats are getting better every day. The more I lose now, the less I'll have to lose on the other side. Surgery in 4 more days!!!!

Wow, I had an experience last night. My son and I did a bunch of running around and didn't get supper until late. I was starving, and as a result, I ate one chichen strips too much and too fast. Old habits die hard!! I was miserable! I learned a lesson big time. Next time I will take a couple bites of a good snack or drink a little juice to keep the hunger edge off before I start eating my meal. I felt terribly guilty and ashamed. But I WON'T do that again. That's the first slip I've had in three weeks. I haven't had my first fill yet and I already notice a BIG difference in my portion size. I hate to admit it but before, I could eat two pc fish/fries/coleslaw and hush puppies and a large drink from LJS. Now I'm satisfied with one & 1/2 pieces of fish and about 5 fries. I opt for my favorites. Big difference. So far 12 pounds off and today is my three week post-band mark. I have my first fill 9/5/06. Good day to everyone!!!!!!!

Wow, I had an experience last night. My son and I did a bunch of running around and didn't get supper until late. I was starving, and as a result, I ate one chichen strips too much and too fast. Old habits die hard!! I was miserable! I learned a lesson big time. Next time I will take a couple bites of a good snack or drink a little juice to keep the hunger edge off before I start eating my meal. I felt terribly guilty and ashamed and beat myself up for a while, but I worked through it. I WON'T do that again. That's the first slip I've had in three weeks. I haven't had my first fill yet and I already notice a BIG difference in my portion size. I hate to admit it but before, I could eat two pc fish/fries/coleslaw and hush puppies and a large drink from LJS. Now I'm satisfied with one & 1/2 pieces of fish and about 5 fries. I opt for my favorites. Big difference. So far 12 pounds off and today is my three week post-band mark. I have my first fill 9/5/06. Good day to everyone!!!!!!! :confused:

Sounds like everyone is doing great... for the end-of-monthers, hold on it will happen soon. I had trouble wearing jeans or any pants that were rough on my stomach. I can now wear anything now and I am 2 weeks out. I do prefer my low-rise jeans but the others work too. And it seems that my scars are going away.

One of the things I am doing is rearranging some of my relationships so that instead of "going out to eat", we can meet for coffee and talk or going to a movie. Eating is very social for me.

This doesn't mean I will never go out to eat but that is not what I want my friendships based on.

WhimsicalClay - You're doing great...keep up the good work. Just keep your eye on the result!!! I totally feel your pain and you'll get through it. You're the only other person I have heard that has had to do the lovenox. I didn't have to do it before surgery, but I have had to give myself a shot twice a day since surgery...only 3 more shots to go!! It isn't bad at all...the needle is super super small. It just a little afterburn to it.

I know its tough though...but keep your chin up....you're doing great!!!! It will all be worth it...just wait....