Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cash payers...

Who did you finance your sugery through? There are so many options, it's kind of overwhelming! Thanks :)

Credit Card with 3.99% interest for 12 mos.

Who did you finance your sugery through? There are so many options, it's kind of overwhelming! Thanks :)

I feel the same way. Glad you asked this question. I've been saving like a mad man every penny I can but I know I will need financing help before I can get my surgery. I've been researching the various options but would love to hear more about what others have done and if they were happy with the financing they ended up going with.

I had a line of credit that I used and my interest is quite low. My second option was going to be my credit card but the interest is higher so I worked the line of credit first ( there are secure lines of credit that will have low interest and then unsecured lines of credit with a bit higher interest). Check with your local banks (shop around to see who will give you the lowest interest rate) and see if you qualify for one or the other.

Years ago I started saving money for plastic surgery for WHEN I finally lost my excess weight and needed to tighten up the loose skin I expected to have. The irony is that I could never lose the weight, so I used the money for my weight loss surgery! I guess I'll have to get a 2nd mortgage for the plastic surgery which I'm sure I'll need eventually! :)

There are so many ways to pay. I pulled from my 401K. Do like the idea of low interest credit card as long you you KNOW you can pay off in the one year of low interest rate. I self paid here in the US, so it was expensive...but worth every single penny. Another thing I looked at was refinancing my house and pulling out $$, but hey did I really want to pay for surgery for another 30 years? I also had $$ saved up to use as a "down payment" reducing my pull from 401K.

Bottom line - look at what you can afford to pay monthly, how long you want payments to last and then look at how to pay for surgery. Good luck!

I pulled from our savings -- money market fund -- so like iegal, I didn't have to finance anything. BUT, if I did, (and I would knowing what I know now) -- I would do it any way I could do it, of course doing it with least overall financial pain . . . :)

federal credit union at 3%

I used part of my student loan and my tax refund.

Good thing is with self-pay, you get a portion (less 7.5% of your gross income, I think) back next year at tax time as long as you have a Dr. say it was medically necessary.smile.gif

Here's the link:

Tax info

Thanks so much for the info! I have some $$ down put I will also have to borrow. Wow Disney, I didn't know that about filing surgery on your taxes, thanks so much for the link :)

Student loans, tax refund whatever else I could save. I even sold a few things on Ebay...I was going to sell them anyway....just did it sooner. Forced myself to get rid of some of this random junk I keep in my apartment!

Found out yesterday that I will be funding my sleeve with Care Credit!!! I was very excited to get the news from them.

My husband pulled money out of his tax free savings account and I pulled from my savings account as well. We didn't have to charge anything other than the mustang convertible that we rented while in San Diego B)