Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LONG STALL??? or worst fear true??

I havnt been eating a lot of carbs at all excpt for the times I feel like crap and eat dry cerial and chocolate a few times. I had some cream Soup here and there but for the most part ive been eating fake crab meat, real crab meat, and bbq chicken I cooked in the crock pot. Im 3 weeks out so ive been eating soft stuff. I usually eat 4-6 oz of protien 5-6 times a day. Im gonna measure and be more strict this week and see if I can get this rolling. Im so bummed right now.

I hope things get moving for you soon. One side note, the 'fake' crab meat has lots of carbs. At least the kind I have bought in the past did. I was on Atkins once and thought that would be a good choice and found out it is made with lots of starch fillers that give it lots of carbs. Maybe yours doesn't, but just a thought.

Good luck to you!

Hey Hip... I'm going to talk to you as if I was talking to my son. A little tough love. You don't need emotional support you need a good swift kick in the butt.

First of all. Now that you are moving to solids your intestines are filling back up so that will add some weight. Once your bowels get moving on a regular basis you will level out with weight loss. If you are constipated take a Delcolax or something to help get the ol pluming moving again.

Second of all.... love ya man but you're eating to much for 3rd week. Most of us are doing good to get 500 cals down by 3rd week. It's OK but if you are going to eat 1200 cals per day your weight loss will slow down compared to those of us who are on a lower than 800 cal per day. Try aiming for 800 or add at least enough cardio to burn 400 calories each and every day.

Also, get off the imitation crab meat. I don't have any in my kitchen to do the math but I think it has more carbs and sugar than you think. Try canned tuna light in Water. Mix with a small amount of healthy low fat mayo and a dash or relish for flavor.

Most of all..... Get off your @$$, stop with the whining, no more depression eating.... Next time you reach for a carb (no matter how small amount) go for a walk instead. Don't push it with heavy lifting. It will depress you because your body isn't ready or strong enough.

I'm at week 9 and I still start every day with a 30 gram Protein drink. I'm avg. about 2-3 lbs lose per week. I'm had one stall at week 3 and lost 6 lbs the week after. After my 4 week my weight loss stabilized. I had a 4 lb loss this week but I did a ton of swimming (laps) and Water resistant exercises.

Now go get moving.... plan your weekly meals so you don't get off track. Go shop for your groceries. Pre-cook some chicken breast, Pre-cook some low fat ground beef (add some Tomato sauce) etc etc.... Get off the creamed hi-calorie hi-carb Soups.

Love ya man.... GO KICK SOME BUTT! HOO YAH! (sorry my son's in the Navy)

If you are not doing so, join a site like Fitday.com. Write down what you put in your mouth. 1200 at week three is pretty high. You might watch salt intake too... drink all of your water... you could be retaining Water. Like others have said, the big 3 week stall is common (Mine was at 2 weeks and lasted 4 weeks) I was eating 350-600 cals a day when that happened! Stalls happen. The sleeve works if you follow the sleeve rules... Protein first, drink your water, exercise (but please don not overdue for the first 6 weeks) walk until you can do more. Exercise patients too! I don't think that many insurance companies would pay out hundreds of thousands of dollars on sleeve surgery if your worst fear was true! CHILL Hip!

Thank you EVERYONE!!! I just need to step it up a notch!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches