Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so im supposed to be on a 14 day pre op....i did great the first 3 days. then messed up soooo bad for 2 now after today being number 2 day of messing up i have 9 days left. i am sick of food...tired of the nagging want of it...it really did nag my brain the wholeday...a friend of mine says well if you cant do this do you think you can do the WLS? my thoughts on that are that 85 % of my stomach will be gona and im not supposed to really fell the hunger feeling!!!!! what do you guys thnk i have done to my liver...and the progress that i have had?

You will be fine if you pull up your boot straps and get with it. You know do you really really want this? I think you do. You do! You won't feel that battle with food any longer. It's only 9 days so get your ass into gear, Kerry. You can do it! BTW they WILL cancel your surgery if your liver so too slippery.

What is your pre-diet? Mine was all liquid supplied by the facility and equaled 580 calories per day or something in that ballpark. If yours is like that, I agree that you have time to pull back up out of the ditch and be ready for surgery. However, some prediets are much more liberal and if that's the case, you will have to be very careful from here on out. If you are being allowed any solid food during this window it will be harder to get your body back into starving so the liver fat has been chewed up.

It's true that if they go in and find a fatty liver, a lot of the surgeons will cancel you. So apart from start doing your best from this moment forward, I'd also suggest that if you know you are not hitting their target, you might want to give them a call and be honest up front. It's one thing to fail at the pre-diet but it's another thing to not be honest and keep your program aware of the difficulties you are having. You don't want them putting you under and starting the surgery to find out then that you were non-compliant. Secondly, if you postpone early, they might be

able to slide someone else into the position. There are people who only need a 7 day pre-op diet and there's still time tomorrow for them to make some calls tomorrow to see if anyone would want your date.

I doubt that you are the first who's failed at this. But show them the respect and honestly they deserve to work with you to help solve the issue. But again, if you are on a strict diet of very low cal and low carb, you have time to put your head down and push to the surgery day and be ready. If if you lose much more daylight, that will no longer be true.

I did not have a pre-op diet, but I can 110% assure you that you will have a MUCH easier time post-op following the proper eating plans. You do still need willpower to stay away from the wrong things, but you will want them less and won't have room for them anyhow, b/c you need to get Protein and veg in. I would say pre-op to post-op willpower needed is like 90% pre-op to about 20% post-op. For some it's even less, as they totally lose hunger and things taste funky and etc. Don't worry, you will be able to do this. So stick with that pre-op diet!! :)

i plan on truly sticking to it from here on out and my surgeon does seem to be more lax on the pre op...thank you guys so much. I just can believe that i have done this to myself. I woke up today so upset and scared and all the what i guess is normal reactions to this surgery...i guess it all hit me this morning. is it normal to sob like you are going into a life or death surgery....i think im just tripping and need to take the kiddos to the park and get my mind off of it...im just driving myself crazy

I am right there/ here with you!!!! You have not failed!!!!or we rather. We have learned and are moving on. We have succeeded in making the choice. We must have needed that lesson, so time to move forward with the next. I am five days away from my date. I have lost 4 lbs. It's not 10 plus, but is 4 more lbs that I never will have again. Let's just do it, and complain a lot if needed. I think that everybody here gets it Kerry. Complain, be hungry, but let's just do it. Smile, I am sure our kids and the park is just what we need. I have three who love to squeeze me all day. I can't wait until I can catch up to them at the park.

Very normal Kerry, just think to yourself all the great things to come.

Just do your best for the remainder of your pre-op. I think this is the hardest part. You can do it!!

Start over today and finish this! The sleeve is worth the effort, trust me! You don't want to lose this opportunity to really change your life. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:dance:

Girl I have to do this for 3 weeks!!!!!! Talk about HELL!

I'm on day 10 and I guess the fight in my head is done:) I'm thinking about food 50% of the day vs 150% :)

Look I hand 2 days that I ate 4oz of white grilled chicken (each day) and I just cut out the calories from my protien shakes:) was that the smart thing to do I dont know all I do know is that was better then going crazy and eating a pizza!

Oh Kerry;

Many of us here have felt your pain, your struggle. Today is your day, tomorrow is your day, Tuesday is your day and so on. This is for you and no one else. Commit each day to get through that day alone on the diet. My surgeon looked me in the eye and told me he would close me up if I did not follow diet. 2 weeks of pure misery - over Labor Day. I hid out, did not see my family for meals, parties or otherwise. Want inspiration - go look up some before and after picts. Being sleeved was nothing short of a miracle for me...it can be fore you. Your miracle is about to happen!

You can do this!

We have all been there and done that, thought that and such. I had 14 day liquid diet before surgery. My husband ended up with just 2 days....he had a cancellation and they moved up his surgery date. Take it one day at a time. For me I found it easier to make sure I was eating/drinking every 2 hours. It made my stomach think it was full. It was really hard when I still had to cook supper for my husband while on being on liquids. Just keep you on the prize at the end. Losing weight and keeping it off. Good luck and hang in there.

There was a girl on here a couple of months back that had slipped up on her pre-op diet. Albeit I do not know the details of the slip up but on the day of her surgery her doctor turned her away to be re-scheduled. That being said stop beating yourself up and just believe you CAN finish the pre-op diet. Keep your eye on the prize.

I feel for all of you that had/have to do a pre-op liquid diet. I luckily was only a low carb diet for one week. So I can not even imagine the liquids for 2 or even 3 weeks. Just know your doctor has this pre-op diet in place for a reason.

I am cheering you on for your pre-op success!!!:D

thank you guys so much...i feel a whole lot better now. it is really good to read all thepost op stories where everyone is talking about playing with their babies and having a blast and not havng to worry about their weight stopping them from any of it....i just need to keep looking at my children thinking about how much more fun me and my hubby are going to have....lol....i just cant wait to be on the other side of it all...plus looking forward to shocking everyone that hasnt seen me in a long time....lol

My pre-op diet was only 7 days and my liver was just fine. You will be more than ok if you get back on track with the remaining 9 days.smile.gif