Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Update from everyone

Hi Guys and Gals! I was sleeved on the 27th and didnt get home until May 1st. On full liquids since the hospital. Doing pretty good so far and I go back to work on Monday. Trying to get all my liquids in and can't wait to get on the mushies after I see my doc on the 12th. MMmmm the heavenly mashed potatoes await me! Its not that I am hungry, just the idea of putting something in my mouth a little more substantial than a shake or Water lol. I too had left side pain for a few days and it is getting better now. My docs office said it was gas so I bought some gasx and a heating pad and no help. Read a post here about the same type of pain being muscular as stated above and used the liquid pain med they prescribed and it went a way for a little bit. It is almost completely gone now. I am getting in about 30-40 grams of Protein everyday now and since my hubby figured out the Jello shots to take my crushed meds that has gotten SO much better. I think I took one sip too many yesterday because I got sick for the first time since day 2. Was a weird, dizzy headed feeling, thought I should go lay down and the poof, good thing the bathroom was on the way to the bathroom! But over all doing great and feeling even better. Hope everyone else is feeling good too!

Glad to hear all are doing well! I'm now 11 days post-op. I've been only on Clear Liquids (Jello, ice pops and flavored water) until yesterday when I was able to add baby apple sauce, thin Protein drinks and creamed Soups with no chunks. It was great to have some small variety - wasn't really hungry like someone said, but wanted something different.

On Tuesday (two weeks out), I can start creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, farina, pastina, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and a few other mushies. I'm really looking forward to that. Yesterday I ran two really small errands and went into work for my first time for just an hour (at a desk). I was really tired last night and achy. It doesn't seem like much, but I guess my body needs to still heal and get used to doing stuff.

I'm just over 3 weeks out and feel great! I wish I had a titch more energy, but I imagine that will come with eating real food & meat. I struggle to get my Protein and fluids in and don't think I've met either goal since surgery. I started soft foods yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed my scrambled egg for Breakfast (tho I could only eat about half!) cottage cheese for lunch and mashed potatoes thinned with French onion Soup for dinner. Like others, I'm not hungry at all but I miss the taste & texture of real food.

Dr. Aceves fixed a medium sized slidng hiatal hernia along with my sleeve surgery but my heartburn is much worse than before. :( I take Nexium Mups daily but was hoping the hernia repair would cure it. So tired of munching on Tums all the time. It's a small price to pay to get full on a half a scrambled egg rather than a full Breakfast of pancakes, bacon & eggs like I did before!

Pretty happy with weight loss so far, down 22lbs since surgery. Stalled out for several days but hopped on scale this morning and was down 2 from yesterday. Not really sweating the numbers much - I can tell my clothes fit much better and all my friends can see the weight loss & comment on how well I'm doing all the time. I'm a full-disclosure kinda gal and everyone knows about my journey and are 100% supportive (to my face, at least. If they're talking about me behind my back then that's their issue & I don't worry about it.)

Wow - you lost 47 lbs already - that is great!!! My doctor didn't have me do anything pre-surgery. I was able to eat until the night before so my surgery weight is my high weight. I've lost 20 lbs in 10 days which I think is a great start! I don't see it on myself but I do feel it's easier to get around and move. Sorry to hear about the heartburn - that must be pretty uncomfortable... I haven't told everyone about my surgery yet - my close friends and my family but I am feeling more comfortable about sharing now...

I'm just over 3 weeks out and feel great! I wish I had a titch more energy, but I imagine that will come with eating real food & meat. I struggle to get my Protein and fluids in and don't think I've met either goal since surgery. I started soft foods yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed my scrambled egg for breakfast (tho I could only eat about half!) cottage cheese for lunch and mashed potatoes thinned with French onion Soup for dinner. Like others, I'm not hungry at all but I miss the taste & texture of real food.

Dr. Aceves fixed a medium sized slidng hiatal hernia along with my sleeve surgery but my heartburn is much worse than before. :( I take Nexium Mups daily but was hoping the hernia repair would cure it. So tired of munching on Tums all the time. It's a small price to pay to get full on a half a scrambled egg rather than a full breakfast of pancakes, bacon & eggs like I did before!

Pretty happy with weight loss so far, down 22lbs since surgery. Stalled out for several days but hopped on scale this morning and was down 2 from yesterday. Not really sweating the numbers much - I can tell my clothes fit much better and all my friends can see the weight loss & comment on how well I'm doing all the time. I'm a full-disclosure kinda gal and everyone knows about my journey and are 100% supportive (to my face, at least. If they're talking about me behind my back then that's their issue & I don't worry about it.)

Wow - you lost 47 lbs already - that is great!!! My doctor didn't have me do anything pre-surgery. I was able to eat until the night before so my surgery weight is my high weight. I've lost 20 lbs in 10 days which I think is a great start! I don't see it on myself but I do feel it's easier to get around and move. Sorry to hear about the heartburn - that must be pretty uncomfortable... I haven't told everyone about my surgery yet - my close friends and my family but I am feeling more comfortable about sharing now...

To be fair, my highest weight was recorded back in October 2009. I started seeing a nutritionist and lost 60lbs over the next 7 months thru diet & exercise. Like most of us, I just couldn't keep it off once the hunger monster got hold of me. I regained 40lbs by March 2011 and got to 235lbs on my surgery date after exercising my booty off at the Y and keeping my calories below 1600. I'm thankful every day to have had the opportunity to have this surgery. It's wonderful to be free of the chains of hunger & cravings! Now if I could find a chocolate Protein drink that doesn't make me wanna puke...

I've had horrible reflux ever since I was pregnant with my youngest child. I had it when I carried my first, too, but it went away as soon as I delivered her. My son wrecked by body in many ways - heartburn, the weight gain, stretched ab muscles - but he's cute so I guess I'll keep him! :)

I've tried the Myoplex Lite shakes (four to a package) - they aren't bad - not sure if they would bother you or not - here's the link so you can look for them - they had them in my local supermarket and this link is for GNC online.

http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=2627142

To be fair, my highest weight was recorded back in October 2009. I started seeing a nutritionist and lost 60lbs over the next 7 months thru diet & exercise. Like most of us, I just couldn't keep it off once the hunger monster got hold of me. I regained 40lbs by March 2011 and got to 235lbs on my surgery date after exercising my booty off at the Y and keeping my calories below 1600. I'm thankful every day to have had the opportunity to have this surgery. It's wonderful to be free of the chains of hunger & cravings! Now if I could find a chocolate Protein drink that doesn't make me wanna puke...

I've had horrible reflux ever since I was pregnant with my youngest child. I had it when I carried my first, too, but it went away as soon as I delivered her. My son wrecked by body in many ways - heartburn, the weight gain, stretched ab muscles - but he's cute so I guess I'll keep him! :)

Doing well here. 11 days post op now. Got my stitches out yesterday. Tried to put polysporin on my incisions as instructed by the doc and covered with bandaids. This morning my tummy is full of itchy rash. Boo for adhesive allergies!

I had soft scrambled egg whites for Breakfast today. It was interesting. Didn't hurt, didn't come back up so its all good. I didn't eat much and it took me a good 30 min to get down 2 tablespoons of food but I feel good otherwise. Today is the first day I've not seen a drop in the scale but I don't really care at this point. I'm getting on the scale because hubby is interested in watching the number go down. I'll be more impressed if I can keep the weight off. That's my main fear is keeping it off, not getting it off!

I'm happy for two reasons: one, I've kept a promise to myself to stay off the scale for the last few days and try to get into the habit of weighing in weekly...figured the result would be more significant that way. Two - graduated to mashed potatoes and purees today!! Another week and I move on to 'soft' foods!

Hi Bill - fellow NJ'er here! Same surgery date too. I start mashed potatoes and purees tomorrow! I'm also excited. I have to follow your lead and stop weighing each day. Today was up 0.4 lbs. Not a big deal I know but I'm watching too closely. Need to pick only one or two days each week to check. Enjoy the spuds!

I'm happy for two reasons: one, I've kept a promise to myself to stay off the scale for the last few days and try to get into the habit of weighing in weekly...figured the result would be more significant that way. Two - graduated to mashed potatoes and purees today!! Another week and I move on to 'soft' foods!

Hi! I know from previous diet attempts that I'm prone to getting obsessed with the scale, and then feeling let down when I don't lose as fast as I think I should, so I'm trying to just let things take their own course and see the weight come off however it goes...I think that mental shift might actually be more difficult for me than adjusting to all the physical changes after surgery! I didn't expect that I'd transition as well as I have and feel as normal this soon after surgery :)

Me too! It's really only a little over two weeks and I really feel back to myself except I'd wish for a little more energy... Am back to sleeping on my stomach, which I really missed. Started some mushies this week - amazing how little I can really eat. My hardest challenge has been not eating and drinking together. I really miss my cold glass of Water with my meal...

Hi! I know from previous diet attempts that I'm prone to getting obsessed with the scale, and then feeling let down when I don't lose as fast as I think I should, so I'm trying to just let things take their own course and see the weight come off however it goes...I think that mental shift might actually be more difficult for me than adjusting to all the physical changes after surgery! I didn't expect that I'd transition as well as I have and feel as normal this soon after surgery :)

I know...I'm a front sleeper and I missed that too! There are times when I feel like nothing has changed, and then I get full after a couple oz. of mashed potatoes and I'm like "oh, yeah". But that's why I'm most excited about this - I know me and there are gonna be times in the future where I'll just wanna binge (which used to be my main diet killer). Limiting my capacity was the best solution I could think of for riding those waves and getting out on the other side with minimal damage.

Ok ya'll... 18 days post-op and on full liquids! Man, I simply cant get anything thick down!! I was really looking forward to the yummy chocolate Protein shakes that I bought plenty of and NOPE... not going down well at all. I havent been able to drink not one! I have been able to eat about 3oz of blended cream of mushroom Soup, cream of broccoli, and cream of potatoe. And, this morning, by the Luck of the Irish, I was able to finish an entire greek yogurt blended w/some SF jelly!!! I was so proud of myself!! I'm still slow to get all my fluids in. I'm still coming up short on the 64oz as well as the 80g of Protein. I am getting a little heartburn now! And, am sad to say, I have officially hit the "3 week Stall" everyone talks about! My scale has not moved all week!!

How are you all doing????

I'm 16 days post op and feeling great. I've moved on to some soft foods... eggs, fish, canned chicken. Its alot harder to get the Protein in when you're not drinking it. It's also alot harder to get Water in now because of the whole don't drink for 30 min before or after eating rule. Soft foods definitely feel alot different in the ol sleeve, although I can get 1 egg in and be filled up. It's like FindingMe75 said.... I almost forget that I've had this done until I get full on 1 egg and then I remember!

Energy is getting better as well every day as well. I'm going to hit the gym this weekend for the first time in 3 weeks. I'm sticking to the treadmill but I really want to start moving so I walk is better than nothing at all (which is what I'm doing now!)

Hang in there Stacy...my loss has slowed down too, and I'm sure your capacity will increase.

I haven't really exercised yet, but I was shooting a basketball around in the driveway a little while ago...felt fine. I've also lifted or moved a couple of things, although I've been trying hard to obey dr's orders and keep it under 15 lbs.