Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Update from everyone

I feel like a sloth compared to you! Great job!

Gday all

Well I posted earlier on this and my update today at 6 1/2 weeks post op recovery has been great, my back has almost healed up from the damage from lack of blood flow due to extremely long surgery to remove lap band and be sleeved, for those who don't know it took 8 hrs to remove and repair damage and then sleeve me.

Pre op weigh in I was 435 lbs today I'm down to 366.9 lbs it's been a struggle at time no energy some days just want to be couch potato, but still managing to get 1 hr at gym per day on treadmill doing average of 3 mile in the hr, best was 3.7 miles worst was 1.4 that day just walked so slow no energy at all.

I'm drinking about 140 oz of Water a day and getting in close to 90 grams of Protein in a day also, been trying to get some fruit in but found watermelon hard to get in, been eating loads of blueberries and blackberries with yogurt .

Cheers Malcolm

Hi, I was sleeved on April 4th by Dr. Almaza in TJ Mexico, and feeling great. Had a stall that lasted almost 3 weeks but thankfully, I'm on the downward spiral again. Best thing I ever did, wish I'd done it sooner and when I was younger! biggrin.gif

G'day all

Well it's 7 weeks tomorrow since my sleeve and I'm down 80 pounds, eating either fish or chicken 3 times a day and now doing the gym twice a day as my wife gets up to go to gym near her office I now get up and go to local gym too and the treadmills are empty at 5 am, my eyes aren't fully open but the work out is great and it's cool in there at that time, then when I pick her up at 7 pm we go to the gym again and I hit the treadmill again and do 3 miles on it in an hour, to doing about 6+ miles per day now.

The biggest thing is to make sure I drink all the time I'm there, finding out that I loose better when Fluid is going in as fast as it comes out, I made the mistake of weighing myself before and after at the gym and it was the same but at home after changing and a shower I had lost 2 pounds that day after the two gym visits.

I'm drinking Water with some lemon juice in it, getting in 140 oz a day minimum now, energy level is good if I get enough Protein in otherwise I feel drained but still do those workouts, I tried walking the streets now that the weather is improving but the sidewalks are just so uneven that my bad knees and ankles can't handle the strain of the uneven surfaces.

Going to start riding our bikes this weekend if the weather holds up.

Cheers Malcolm

Sleeved April 11th and down 35lbs. Only complications is lack of energy and nausea every time I eat so on medication for that. I had a stall for a little more then 2 weeks, but back on the losing track again or at least I hope.

I cannot eat much or drink much so I am only getting in about 40-50 grams of Protein and about 40-60 oz of Water. I am trying to up it but it's been rough doing so. Other then that everything is going good, just wish the weight loss would speed up a bit.

Surgery Date April 13

Starting Weight: 334

Current Weight: 279

Loss to Date: 55 pounds (including 2 week pre op diet loss)

Pounds to July 4 Goal: 9

Hey my fellow April Sleevers!! How's everyone doing? So... most of us should be on solid foods now, or at least transitioning to solids soon, and I was curious to see what everyone is eating, what works well for you, and what kinds of food simply dont work!!

I'm on soft foods and will be going to solids next week. I'm really scared since I'm still not able to finish a full 1/4c of anything yet that's not pureed. How did all of you transition to solids? Did it work immediately or did it take time?

Hi there - I started solids a few days ago. I also was not able to eat too much but am able to hold down a little more now. I have been finding it hard to get all the Protein in as well as all the fluids. It seems as though I would need to be either eating or drinking constantly to keep up. I just ordered some Atkins Protein Bars which I will bring to work for Breakfast or lunch. It has been nice to move to the soft solids though. Today I was running around all day and didn't have time to get home for lunch. I went to Dunkin Donuts and ordered an egg on a flatbread. I ate about 2/3 of it. Ordered an iced tea with it, then realized I couldn't drink it until 1/2 hour after I finished eating - by then it was warm and in the garbage it went... maybe I'll remember next time. The things I've now been having (new to this phase are) - 1/2 toasted whole wheat English muffin with Peanut Butter, boneless chicken thigh marinated in some soy sauce, tilapia with some sauce to make it moister, wheat thin crackers with Laughing Cow cheese spread, hummus with Special K-thins (thin crackers). There has been some variety at least... It did work pretty much immediately though...

Hey my fellow April Sleevers!! How's everyone doing? So... most of us should be on solid foods now, or at least transitioning to solids soon, and I was curious to see what everyone is eating, what works well for you, and what kinds of food simply dont work!!

I'm on soft foods and will be going to solids next week. I'm really scared since I'm still not able to finish a full 1/4c of anything yet that's not pureed. How did all of you transition to solids? Did it work immediately or did it take time?

Wow... I need to talk to my doctor then, cuz I'm not even able to finish 1/4c of anything yet! I take a few bites and I'm done... not cuz I'm full but because my stomach is acting up. After I was sick last week I havent been able to really eat anything. Nothing tastes good, everything tastes bland! Also, after my 3rd bite or so my stomach starts to fight back at me and I get nauseous. Yesterday after eating some egg salad I really battled to keep it down.

I'm having another problem... even when I THINK about food I'm starting to get nauseous! This has NEVER happened to me before! EVER! Has anyone else experienced this at all?