Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost 10 pounds the first week post op, NOT AN OUNCE SINCE THEN!! I am so frustrated, getting depresses!! I got in 73g of Protein today, between 50 and 60 ounces of Water, and 810 calories. What am I doing wrong???? I feel like I wasted my time and money having this surgery! I never would have put myself and my body through this if I had known this would be the result. Please somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong!!

First of all, breathe.

I lost 20 lbs the month before surgery (15 the month before that) and exactly zero from surgery to my 9 day check-up this past Wednesday. You look like you also lost a bit pre-op. After the first burst of weight loss, many people stall. A lot do it at 3 weeks, but for you it may have hit sooner.

Your weight loss may not be consistent, don't panic or give up because of this. Keep doing what you're doing, except try to get in a little more Water. When you feel well enough, add exercise. But don't let one week make you feel like a failure. You will lose the weight.

Take a DEEP Breathe. You haven't done anything wrong. Sometimes our bodies need a week or two to catch up. Your surgery was 17 days ago, That means you haven't lost anything for only 10days...give yourself another week for your body to reset itself before you start freaking out. Deep Breathe Relax It WILL happen, just let the shock to your system work itself out.

I lost 10 pounds the first week post op, NOT AN OUNCE SINCE THEN!! I am so frustrated, getting depresses!! I got in 73g of Protein today, between 50 and 60 ounces of Water, and 810 calories. What am I doing wrong???? I feel like I wasted my time and money having this surgery! I never would have put myself and my body through this if I had known this would be the result. Please somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong!!

Well congrats on the surgery and the 10lbs in a week!!!!!!!! The 64 oz of Water a day is so nesessary for weight loss. Remember your body is in shock and wondering what the heck happened! Give it time the weight WILL come off, there is no failing if you are following the program and it sounds like you are. For me -just when I would think "crap, no weight loss this week" the scale would drop 2-3 lbsHang in there, It's going to be ok!

You are right with me. I have lost 25 lbs since surgery as well on the 11th.

You are right with me. I have lost 25 lbs since surgery as well on the 11th.

Please tell me what you are doing that I'm not. I'm at a loss. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong but obviously something is not working! I'm desperate!!

Please tell me what you are doing that I'm not. I'm at a loss. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong but obviously something is not working! I'm desperate!!

I cried everyday for 5 days about this. We literally have the same story (and the same surgery date), except you definitely get more Water than I do. Yesterday, I decided to stop fretting about it for at least another couple of weeks and keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens. It's hard to not see a loss after only 1 week (I haven't lost an ounce in 11 days now), but that scale HAS to move sometime....it HAS to. I was eating more and losing faster before surgery so I know this is not all there is to the surgery.

Keep the faith.

I have stopped losing too and I am very frustrated also. I am on day 11 after surgery and lost 24 lbs. and have seen no loss for 4 days now. We have to keep doing what we are doing and try to stay positive. Hang in there it has to get better! I think it is because our body is in shock from net getting any food.

Are you exercising? That could help you with the weight loss. Also, have you tried measuring yourself? I went to the doctor yesterday - I am in stall for the past week. Although the scale hasn't moved, my measurements have changed. Muscle weighs more than fat, so though the scale doesn't recognize it, I'm replacing fat with lean muscle which is why my body shape is changing.

Also, I'm 2.5 months post op and I only get about 700 calories a day. I don't know what your calorie count should be, but maybe you could try to increase/decrease it depending on what your NUT suggests. Good luck to you. It's a tool and a journey. Don't give up!

You'll be fine! I lost 12 lbs pre op and the first week post op I lost 10 lbs. I didn't lose any more at all until yesterday and I lost 1 lb. I'm 19 days post op. Please give your body time to heal and adjust!

Rome wasn't built in a day.......and neither was the Venice de Milo.

Patience is a virtue.

This has been aired a lot of times on this forum;people who have just had surgery and a couple of days or weeks out stall in weightloss, IT'S NORMAL! Take a deep breath and please reflect on how long it's taken us all to pile the weight on?! It's not realistic and / or healthy to think it's ALL going to fall off in three weeks!

You've put your body through major surgery and it needs time to recover. Please be kind to yourself and your body and give it the time it needs!

Stick to your dietary plan and the weight will come off, hopefully in a healthy way and in a pace that you can mentally handle.

Best wishes and good luck!

You are doing nothing wrong. Your body is saying WTF happened and thinks it is in starvation mode. The body is remarkable in knowing if you are starving to hold onto all the weight. You are on the infamous "stall" that most post op'ers have experienced. Keep on what you are doing by getting in your Protein, Water and low carbs and do not forget your Vitamins. Your body will adjust and you WILL start to lose again.

Here is a little trick that worked for me (not saying it will work for everyone or you but this is what I did). I increased my good carb intake to 80 gms for 3 days. That was enough to trick my body into saying ok we are not starving and would start to let the weight go. Oh and I increased my Water intake to 80 oz for those days to help flush any toxins in my system.

Just know that you are doing well with the sleeve and to not panic. If you follow your doctors plan you will lose the weight.

I hate to even mention it, and I don't think it has anything to do with your stall, but My Doc said keep the calories under 400 until around 6 weeks, then go up to 6-800 a day for many months following. You might want to check the carbs and perhaps salt if your are eating salty stuff... this can help retain water....

I had my surgery the same day as you, I lost 9 the week before and 11 in the 2 weeks since surgery. I knew about the stalls so I am not worrying about it...slow and steady wins the race!!

I know how frustrating it is. I have had major stalls in the past 7 months since my surgery so I totally feel your pain. But don't let it get to you. Just keep doing what you are doing and your body will adjust and start letting go. Everyone loses at a different pace. I am down 61 lbs in 7 months but most of that came off in the first few months. Have only lost 11 lbs since January 1st and went 8 weeks without losing an ounce. Just keeping moving along and your body will catch up. The weight WILL fall off - I promise!