Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How aware are you of your port?

It seems like I notice it more and more all the time. I was banded on May 1st, have lost over 30 lbs. (scale at the gym is broken, so I'm just guessing) and it seems like I notice my port all the time. It doesn't hurt, it's just THERE! Just like when I'm doing crunches during my workout. There's my port. I was laying on the side of my pond, re-arranging plants and cleaning.....There's my port poking me. Getting dressed, there's my port!

Maybe I'm just more aware of something that's never been there before?

I notice it when I do things like lift my daughter, or carry stuff pressed against my side/abdomen. In everyday movement I dont feel it unless it is touched.

Once or twice its burned a little but that's literally once or twice in six months.

OK, I guess I'm an oddball.

Since I was switched to the low profile port, and since my Abdominoplasty, I honestly don't 'feel' my port unless I'm in the office getting a fill.

Now that everyone has mentioned this question, I'm going to try to see if I notice any occurences of 'feeling' the port during normal activity.

I notice mine alot too.. Have since the beginning.. weird

I notice mine too, but I kind of like it. Reminds me that it's there. :success1: But I'm only 2-1/2 weeks post op so we'll see if the feeling goes away or intensifies as I lose weight. :)

I notice mine alot too. I don't like having it. It caused me the most pain post-op and continues to bother me when I twist, bend, do exercises, roll over and lift things. I really didn't think about it being a factor before I had surgery, but I wish that I had because I probably would have had a RNY instead.

I'm 2 years out and I 'notice' mine all the time. It doesn't really hurt, just makes itself known, I guess.

Whenever I get to goal, if I have any plastic surgery done, I will probably switch to a low profile port. Not because this port 'bothers' me, but just if I could not notice it, like New Sho, that would be nice.

Mine sticks out like a sore thumb. It aches sometimes and I find myself touching it a lot. The more I lose the more it sticks out. I'd love to have it moved lower or switched for a low profile port, but I'm just afraid to mess with success. Port infections and leaks worry me.

I don't notice mine but I am newly banded. I'll probably notice it more when I lose some weight. That is probably why you notice it so much now! Good job.

:grouphug: This morning I got in my car, I'll admit I was a bit in a hurry. I don't know what I did exactly but the minute I sat down I felt this horrible burning pain in the area of my port. It went away in less than a few minutes. I think I tore some scar tissue or something...I say this because my doctor warned me that it'll happen from time to time & to not worry.

Does anyone here who is several months post op still experience anything like this?

OK where the hell is my port? I can't seem to find it. My twitches and pains are not near my scars. When I went in for my 1 wk checkup the nurse wasn't sure where it was. I can't wait until my first fill so I can find it. I can sleep on both sides and my stomach so its not sticking out anywhere. I know which scar its supposed to be near, but I just can't find it.

OK where the hell is my port? I can't seem to find it. My twitches and pains are not near my scars. When I went in for my 1 wk checkup the nurse wasn't sure where it was. I can't wait until my first fill so I can find it. I can sleep on both sides and my stomach so its not sticking out anywhere. I know which scar its supposed to be near, but I just can't find it.

I don't know if you tried this but I can feel it more when I am laying flat on my back and sort of press around. You'll know it when you find it. LOL! :grouphug:

I am one week post op and my port is the only thing that is really bothering me (besides the loose stools I have been having). The other night I felt something move when I bent down and now I can really feel it just under the big incision.

I notice mine more now than I did right after the surgery, but I think I notice it more because of the weight loss. I am short and it is right at the level of my bathroom counter, I bump it all the time when I am getting ready in the morning.(ouch)

Yea, I feel it. It's still a little tender. I find myself rubbing it like I rubbed my belly when I was pregnant! Now, that's hoot! :)