Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok....I've heard about the dreaded 3 week stall, but I'm 5 weeks out today and I GAINED 1.8lbs!! What in the world?? I'm sticking to a low-carb (30g or less), high Protein (90g) diet; I started working out last week; I'm getting in all my water.......I have no idea what's going on. I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing, because, up until now, it's been working! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bewildered and Confused in Texas

Hi, My weight did that too early on I called it my weight loss two step. I would drop 2-3 lbs then gain it back bounce up and down 1 -2 lbs then after a week or so it would drop 3-5 lbs pounds then I would stay there until it started bouncing again.

HI Dana,

I watched your blog. I wanted to respond, but last time I did, it went to my FB page and I freaked out. I didn't know how it did that. My FB peeps don't know I had the surgery, but I think I caught it in time that probably nobody saw it. It was weird, your video just popped right on to my profile page! Strange! Anyways, I just wanted to say, that I have been in a stall for weeks now. Since my 2nd week out of surgery. Monday was 4 weeks for me since surgery. I keep bouncing around between 210 and 213. It is so beyond frustrating!! I have been anticipating the 3 weeks stall and have been trying to just go with it, but now I am starting to lose my mind, because it is lasting sooooo LONG!! Week 2, 3 and 4 is just way too long! Also, I also have PCOS and I am wondering how that all works. Weight loss has always been hard for me with PCOS. So, I just don't know what to do anymore. I know my one weakness is getting my 64 ounces of Water in. Protein, no problem! Oh well, I have to look at the big picture. 30 lbs. in 4 weeks is pretty good. I couldn't do that without this surgery. I just thought this whole process would be even faster! Like at least a pound a week. I hope we break our stalls SOON!! Tomorrow is my birthday! All I want is to wake up and see 5 lbs gone! lol best gift ever!

So glad I'm not alone. I'm 5 weeks today too and I gained 1 lb this week. I've been depressed all day. Last week only lost 3 and only 2 the week before. Hard to believe since I barely eat anything.

Total loss since surgery 24

I have had the same experience. Lose 2lbs then gain 1 lb. It can be frustrating. But hang in there. I know I am.

This may sound ridiculous, but are you constipated?? I have had that issue and then it "resolved" itself and I find that the scale has moved..... GROSS...YES.....TMI.....Maybe....Losing Weight.....PRICELESS :D

I think you guys are somewhere in the normal range. Don't freak. It will come off, just keep up the good work, and do measure yourself too... the old body will change even if the scale does not. I gained weight some weeks, and lost others. Sometimes a little and some time a little more... at 12 weeks I have lost half of the weight I want to lose ( if you count the 10 lbs I lost before surgery) and I thought I was losing slow... but really... its not slow at all! You will be fine.

Ok....I took miralax 2 days last week, ate well everyday but Sunday. That day I went over 800 calories! But I've had a 2.8lb loss for this week! Something worked! LOL! Thanks so much, everyone!! I'm back to losing!! Whew!!

That's great, DisneyMomma! I am 5 weeks, 3 days, post-op and have lost a total of 30 lbs. It was 31 but gained 2 lbs over the weekend, then lost a pound by this morning. I am so frustrated!! It's hard for me to understand how I could gain anything with such a small amount of calories, fat, carbs, etc...

Anyway, have my 2nd follow-up appointment tomorrow with Doc Nick. I'm really glad too! Most of my incisions are itching and inflamed in spots. It's from my stiches (inside) rearing there ugly heads. Not sure why they are not dissolving, but I'm sure it has to do with my stupid sensitive skin.

Here's to constant losing...have a good day!

Our bodies are definitely "interesting" and do not follow exact science or commen sense!

I know back in December, I freaked out. I went up 6 pounds in one week & I hadn't changed a thing. The next week, it mysteriously dropped off plus a pound. In 9 days total I went from 126 to 132 back to 125.4. Explain that one???

I know it's hard ... I know it's BEYOND frustrating ... but don't change a thing. Keep following your plan. You body has no choice but to drop the weight.

It could be Water retention, bloating from TOM, you got up on the wrong side of the bed, the moon is in a new path. Who knows???? If it helps, we've all been there & all wanted to just go back to bed and cry. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS and YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!!

Our bodies are definitely "interesting" and do not follow exact science or commen sense!

I know back in December, I freaked out. I went up 6 pounds in one week & I hadn't changed a thing. The next week, it mysteriously dropped off plus a pound. In 9 days total I went from 126 to 132 back to 125.4. Explain that one???

I know it's hard ... I know it's BEYOND frustrating ... but don't change a thing. Keep following your plan. You body has no choice but to drop the weight.

It could be Water retention, bloating from TOM, you got up on the wrong side of the bed, the moon is in a new path. Who knows???? If it helps, we've all been there & all wanted to just go back to bed and cry. YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS and YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!!

Ahh...thanks, MiniMe. I so needed that! :rolleyes:

It is so great to have your input knowing you got to your goal. That is the main thing, right?

I am mentally prepared, I think, for a stall since I have seen so many. And ladies, from here, a few weeks before the surgery- the amount you have lost in a few weeks seems AMAZING to me!

Nevertheless I know it must really frustrate you so here are some giant Meggie hugs!