Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your food schedule? Horrible hunger.

I finally have some restriction, but I'm following back into bad habits. I have good restriction in the a.m., but once I eat something I'm hungry and I want to eat every couple of hours. Do you snack? Stick to three meals a day? What kind of schedule do you follow? Have you experienced this hunger. I've done pretty good until now on will power, but now I'm losing it.

Don't you dare give up. You have done absolutely wonderful.Let your doctor know and maybe you need a little more fill. I work a lot on will power also and go back for second fill soon,only four weeks from first fill.

You hang in there and I will add you to my prayer list.:eek:

I have a screwy schedule...I really only eat once, *maybe* twice a day, and not until around 2 or 3 PM. I'm seriously not hungry until then...I'll have coffee out of habit in the AM, but eating early on usually has disastrous results for me.

I'm much looser in the afternoon and evening, so I just eat then. I probably still take in about 800-1000 or so calories, so I'm not too worried about not getting enough calories in.

On my nutritionist's advice, I eat 5 or 6 times per day and I'm rarely hungry. I don't have good restriction right now so it's hard to eat less around dinner time. I find eating small meals and Snacks (yogurt, fruit, cheese, 100 calorie snack packs, stuff like that) really works well. I couldn't eat 3 meals a day and nothing else. I don't normally eat Breakfast, but never have been a breakfast eater, so how would I get in 3 square meals a day under this scenario?

I do better when I dont eat all the time, although I'm a grazer by nature. I dont want breakfast much but eat it anyway becuase you should and then I can and often do just pick all day. I hate lunch for some reason. I just never want anything in particular, I'm always out doing stuff and never home to sit down and actually eat a meal and I hate sandwiches and other portable lunch foods. However I am forcing the issue lately and my weight has started moving again, ever so slowly.

three meals a day works for me. If I eat a decent lunch it gets me through - for some reason I'm afraid of the calories at lunchtime, but really a 300 calorie breakfast, 500 calorie lunch and 500 calorie dinner is perfect for me, but I shy away from eating that much at lunchtime and end up eating far more in the form of Snacks.

I have a good secedule, I have a dannon light and fit in the morning at 6 am when I get up its liquid and goes down easy, then I have tea at 10 am to losen up any tightness, I have cottage cheese and fruit at 1030

lunch at 1pm, tuna or turkey , cheese , crackers ( one or two wheat thins) two shortbred Cookies at 3pm and dinner at 7 pm salad and what ever is on the menu.

I don't really have a schedule. I try to eat 2 to 3 "meals" per day, and allow for healthy Snacks. I know I'm a snacker, and even if I'm not "hungry" I'll go after Snacks at certain times during the day, so it's easiest just to plan for it.

If you are hungry every couple of hours, maybe plan to have something small to eat around those times, but you should also call and see if you can go in for a fill. The goal is to not be hungry for 3 to 4 hours after you've eaten.

I'm only 3 weeks out but I have been having difficulty with hunger and not knowing when to stop eating. I think this is very common amongst us. I try and stick to 3 solid meals a day. Like yesterday I had a Protein Shake in the a.m. 1/2 turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch, some chicken small portion of rice and vegies for dinner. Believe it or not, I am not losing on that quantity of food. I do not know what is up with my body!

you may not be getting enough calories and Protein, many people if they drop bellow 900 calories, and some need as many as at least 1200, if they go under that their body goes into 'starvation mode' and you won't lose weight, your metabolism will super slow down in order to hold on to everything. If you are getting at the least 60 grams of protein, 80 probably better, and taking a chewable Multivitamin and chewable Calcium and eating between 1200-1600 calories a day, your weight should be dropping off - I use fitday.com to track myself. If you're taking in adquate protein/calories and micro-nutrients and -still- not dropping anything after a couple of weeks, you may have a thyroid/pituitary problem... so keep an eye on it! I've been on liquids for 2 weeks, and can't wait my week 3 starts tommorow and I can start pureed foods!!! ;)

Yes, I lose best and fastest at around 1500 calories a day. My band is loose enough so that on a not so great day, I'd eat 1800 calories or so. I'm tall and I'm very active so I dont even come close to gaining on that kind of level and in fact I lose, but only about 1kg a month which is what I've been doing for the last few months. But 1300-1500 is great for me, I've always lost 1kg a week at that level - although I've never lost 20kg before and I think I'm slower now simply becuase my calorie needs are probably a little less and your weight loss does slow down over time

I only started feeling restriction with my second fill which was 6 days ago. Prior to that, I could eat as if I were never banded but forced myself not to binge and had 3 meals and a snack everyday. Now that I do have pretty good restriction, I am relearning how to eat... smaller portions, chew, chew, chew and stopping when I feel full.

SRaeM... it sounds like you might need another small fill. Have you considered this options?