Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes and chewable vitamins too sweet tasting

As a good patient, I have started trying Protein shakes and chewable Vitamins to see which ones I can tolerate. I can tolerate them okay but the taste is tooooooooo sweeeeet. Why do they put so much sweet taste in them? I know that everyone talks about their taste changing after surgery but I cannot imagine it would change to where you would want everything that sweet.

I have tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate shake and tastes pretty good but tooo sweet.

Celebration Vitamins and they are too sweet.

Any suggestions? Any reply will be appreciated. I want to try these to find one that is really good but concerned that I will not be able to handle that sweetie taste. How much does your taste change and which direction? I do not want to vomit and afraid this sweet stuff will cause that to happen.

Help with suggestions. Hoping to be sleeved in June.

Neanie

Have you tried the unjury Unflavored? When I have enough sweetness I will put that in foods to help me get in Protein. Unjury also has the chicken Soup flavor, which isn't bad. My taste hasn't changed at all. I kept reading how that would probably happen but it didn't- everything tastes the same to me.

Do you have effervescent Vitamins to dissolve in Water there? This is what I use. Seeing that I hardly tolerate water, it also helps me getting fluids during the day. Here we have them with orange or lemon flavour and they normally aren't too sweet (I take some that also have magnesium, potassium and other useful stuff in it)...

As a good patient, I have started trying Protein shakes and chewable Vitamins to see which ones I can tolerate. I can tolerate them okay but the taste is tooooooooo sweeeeet. Why do they put so much sweet taste in them?

I just ordered some samples from www.mybariatricpantry.com and ordered a few of the Soups. I am not a sweet-a-holic but more of a savory flavor fan. I'm hoping

I can add some of the unflavored Protein stuff to less sweet drinks and Soups.

I am also not into fruit flavors (especially artificial ones) -- so I'm trying out all the chocolate, vanilla, expresso, mocha etc flavors. Anyone know any other Protein Shakes etc that

come in non-sweet flavors?

VSG Surgery scheduled for 6/1/11 with Dr. George Fielding @ NYU

One common theme you see in post about protien brands is that one that someone loves and uses daily --that same brand to another person is not tollerable. Always get the sample pack if you can or by the smallest local version before making a big online order ( a mistake I made buying in bulk) For example, I love the little 8 oz premade Isopure drinks and drink one every morning, others here have said they gag trying to drink it or can't stand it. Good new is every GNC or Vitamin shop has a bottle you can buy to see if it works for you before buying a bulk order. I managed to barely stomach bariatric chewables for the first couple of months for my vitamin, but If I did not eat with it I would throw up. As soon as I could swallow pills with no issue (about 3 months for me) I switched to regular Vitamins and just take them with my isopure when I wake up.