Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is/was everyone's losing plan

What is/was your losing plan:

How far out from surgery you are what percentage have you lost?

How many times a day are you eating?

What is the amount of normal food (non liquid) you are now able to get down?

What kind of supplements are you taking? Types and Brands

How much Protein are you supposed to be getting and how much are you actually getting in daily and what are your sources of Protein (brands of shakes etc),

How much Water you are actually getting down each day

What is your exercise routine, type of exercise, and how often.

How is your energy level?

I know I can find this in bits and pieces here on the forum but would like a go-to place with just this info as I go through this journey for ideas, motivation, and to just make sure I'm normal!

For me:

- I am almost 5 weeks out and have lost 22% of excess weight since surgery for a total of 37. I am very pleased.

- I am trying to eat six times a day per my nutritionist, but sometimes only get the big shake with most of my protein and a couple other nibbles so on average I would say 3-4 times a day is what I'm getting done.

- I can only get in about 1.5 - 2 oz. 2 oz makes me very uncomfortably full

- I have just switched to the one-a-day Gummy Vitamins because I was just so sick of the chewable ones from BA. I also am taking a Celebrate b-12, and Zantac twice a day and whn I need to get regular have been chewing a couple of the Benefiber chewables.. I'm supposed to take a Celebrate Iron every other day but haven't started yet becase I really fear the side effects. I have not started Calcium yet, my doc has actually not ever said anything about it.

- I am supposed to have 76 g of protein daily. I get it with a Wheyabolic Protein Shake form GNC in chocolate, I have cheese, not doing too well on meats yet but try chicken, ham and hamburger, and some egg. I have only gone a couple days where I protested protein and just gave in to my lack of hunger.

- I am getting in 64 plus on non caffeinated, non-carbonated liquids, but there is a bottle of Mt Dew in the kitchen that looks oh so tempting......

- I have just been able to walk a few times a day for about 10 minutes at a time.

- My energy level is so so, borderline blah. Sometimes I feel good but others, like today when I showered, I just felt like my arms were going to fall off and it took everything I had to rinse my hair.....

Thanks in advance for everyone's input, I'm looking for a great collaboration to refer to at every stage of this journey.

Great topic. It made me realise I am not being good... I am doing my best, though...

-I am 2 months and 2 days out. I have lost 17 kgs out of 37 I am supposed to lose (37.4 pounds out of 81.4). I am REALLY satisfied.

-I eat 4 times a day: Breakfast, lunch, mid afternoon and dinner. Not a big amount of food.

-I am definitely not getting the 80 gr Proteins in, but my nutritionist told me to stop the Protein shakes last time I saw him, so this isn't really my fault! (I guess in Italy people are just not used to this kind of things).

-I do get my Vitamins through effervescent supplements which I add to Water twice a day, it helps me drink Water as well, I am definitely not drinking enough... Probably 3 big glasses of water a day.

-I introduce an average of 600 kcal per day during the week, while on weekends sometimes up to 1000 if I go out for lunch/dinner (I normally have a glass of wine, this is why)

-I go twice a week to the gym for 1.5 hour.

-I am super tired, but at the moment everyone is. We are having a very hot spring (30° C or 86°F), which is unusual for us living next to Alpes, my hubby and I feel like sleeping all the time, shame we can't!

-And I don't feel cold. I read that many people do, after vsg, I absolutely don't.

Bilka- what are the effervescent supplements? Do they make the Water hard to drink? You you get gassy? How do they taste? I ask, because I am having a very hard time taking Vitamins and am thinking this may be a solution. I am coming to Italy for the summer in June and could stock up.

Great topic!! :) Love reading it:)) hope everyone will keep posting !! I know I will answer those questions as I get sleeved too:)

I am 12 weeks out. I have lost 46% of the weight I want to lose.

Three or four. I count calories, Protein, and carbs and depending on where I am for the day I may have a fourth meal.

I can eat about 2.5 oz. of dense Protein, or between 1/3 and 1/2 cup.

I take Centrum chewables Vitamins, 1000 mg. D3 and sublingual B12 every other day (both just drugstore brands), and 1200 mg. of calcium citrate liquid (ReVive from Costco)

How much protein are you supposed to be getting and how much are you actually getting in daily and what are your sources of protein (brands of shakes etc),

I am supposed to be getting 60-80 gms and day and I meet that target 90% of the time. I drink the costco Premier Protein Shakes or make shakes with the GNC Wheybolic 60 powders. I try to get at least half my protein from food each day. I generally eat between 500-600 calories a day and keep my carbs under 30.

I am getting in 64 oz of Water each day but it's a chore.

I walk or run for 40 minutes 3-4 days each week. I swim for an hour 1x each week. I have a 15 lb. barbell next to the recliner and when I watch TV I will do curls or presses while I watch.

It fluctuates. I tried exercising every day but I had to take afternoon naps! I feel like I am still finding a balance between my calories in and calories out. I will say my mood has improved greatly since my weight loss took off this month.

Weight loss history:

January 13-31 17 lbs.

February 10 lbs.

March 7.5 lbs.

April 4 lbs. so far!

The first two months or so I was freezing cold all the time--now, it's better although I still wear one more layer than everybody around me.

I am looking forward to seeing other's responses. Great post idea!

How far out from surgery are you?What percentage have you lost?

I will be 6 weeks out on Tuesday. I have lost 42 pounds. I haven't really decided how much I want to lose but if I go with a healthy BMI weight (160) then it would be 29.2%.

It depends. I am religious about getting in all 80 grams of Protein. I decide on the Proteins I will have and then eat on them until they are consumed. I may have a chicken breast at lunch and only eat a quarter of it but I will "graze" on it until it's gone. That very much goes against most people's advice and I ONLY do this with Proteins, but it works for me.

Depends on the food. Anywhere from 1/2 cup to a full cup.

I take Celebrate chewable Vitamins and the sublingual B12, Calcet Calcium and Vitamin D Chews,and juice Plus+ fruit chews.

How much Protein are you supposed to be getting and how much are you actually getting in daily and what are your sources of protein (brands of shakes etc),

I am supposed to be getting 60-80 gms and day and I make myself meet 80 each day. It's my focus. I am anti-Protein drinks and have no problems with meats so most protein comes from chicken, salmon, fish, hamburger and greek yogurt.

How much Water are you actually getting down each day?

This is my area of struggle. I am really trying but struggle for my 64 ounces. I don't always make it.

My job involves a lot of walking most days but other than that I haven't added a solid workout routine yet. It's in the works though. Will likely be 30 min cardio and weights 4 times per week.

It sucked the first 2 1/2 weeks but I have felt better than I have in a long time since then (about 3 weeks post op).

Wow, great thread. I definitely would like to keep up with this for my own information, especially for when I have surgery myself. Thank you for sharing such great information!

4.5 Weeks. I would like to get down to 185. Started at 270 and have lost 28, so 32% of the total I need to lose.

3 times.

I dont know what I am able to get down. I follow the rules. 2oz of pureed chicken and a laughing cow cheese wedge is what I normally eat. I dont vary too much all in my routine. Haven't felt the need to try to eat till it hurts.

Celebrate ENS Protein and Vitamins all in one x 2 per day, Celebrate chewable Calcium.

How much Protein are you supposed to be getting and how much are you actually getting in daily and what are your sources of protein (brands of shakes etc),

Two ENS shakes (50g), unjury chicken Soup (21g), Remainder up to 90 from Greek Yogurt, Chicken, etc.

80-100oz

Walking at work. Not cleared to be excercise yet.

Generally good. Sucked pretty bad today for some reason.

Six weeks, 27%

Three meals and three Snacks -- I usually miss at least one of those, so let's say five.

I don't weigh/measure my food, so I'm not totally sure. It's not a lot, though. Tonight I had a piece of chicken about two fingers wide/long, plus three small pieces of potato and three bites of peas. That was a lot and I was stuffed. I can also eat one egg and a little bit of something else (but eggs here are pretty small compared to the US),

I also take the effervescent supplements -- one multi-Vitamin (Supradyn) and one B-complex (Berocca). Per my doctor's orders, I alternate these rather than taking both every day. I also take D3, which I've taken forever (my levels are good).

How much Protein are you supposed to be getting and how much are you actually getting in daily and what are your sources of Protein (brands of shakes etc),

My plan does not use shakes at all. I don't really know how many protein grams I'm getting in, but my program calls for a balance between protein, fruit/veg and carbs, so I try to get that balance. I do tend to eat a lot of dairy products, so I think I'm probably doing pretty well on protein.

I have not had any problems drinking since the start. I drink 1.5-2.5 liters of Water every day; 1.5 is what my plan calls for.

I walk a lot, almost every day. I might start doing some other training when I start physical therapy (for bariatric patients, through my hospital).

Great! Though I still go to bed a bit earlier than I used to. :D

10 months out, started at 299.7, now at 196. Dr's goal goal was 200. new goal might be 190 want 15-18% body fat. 85 -104% depending on how you look at it

4-6, 3 real meals and 1-3 Snacks.

approx 1 cup

Trader Joe's chew able Multi Vitamins 2 a day, Trader Joe's sub-lingual B12 with folate, Vitamin shop liquid Vitamin D 5000 units, Kirkland Calcium citrate 1000 units, fish oil 1000 units

60-70 grams, mostly lean meat but I do supplement a premier Protein shake (30g) or a Protein Bar daily.

at least 48 oz, I know it is low but I break the rules sometimes and drink coffee and energy drinks.

What is your exercise routine, type of exercise, and how often

3-4x a week. 40 minutes or more hard cardio Followed by weights.

Through the roof (for an old guy)

10 months out, started at 299.7, now at 196. Dr's goal goal was 200. new goal might be 190 want 15-18% body fat. 85 -104% depending on how you look at it

4-6, 3 real meals and 1-3 Snacks.

approx 1 cup

Trader Joe's chew able Multi Vitamins 2 a day, Trader Joe's sub-lingual B12 with folate, Vitamin shop liquid Vitamin D 5000 units, Kirkland calcium citrate 1000 units, fish oil 1000 units

60-70 grams, mostly lean meat but I do supplement a Premier Protein shake (30g) or a Protein Bar daily.

at least 48 oz, I know it is low but I break the rules sometimes and drink coffee and energy drinks.

What is your exercise routine, type of exercise, and how often

3-4x a week. 40 minutes or more hard cardio Followed by weights.

Through the roof (for an old guy)

Wow Kurt, that is awesome that you are at goal in just 10 months. Very motivating!!!

What is/was your losing plan:

My doctor wasn't very good about giving us complex plans. As an academic type, I would have appreciated that, but oh well. He wanted 50% of excess weight by 4 months.

Almost 5 months out now, wow! I can't believe it. Time has flown. I have lost 69 pounds. It's hard for me to evaluate my percentage lost, because I don't feel like I have a clear idea of my final goal. Weight charts NEVER worked for me, even when I was a collegiate wrestler (where we did body-fat analyses). And now that I'm five months out, I recognize that my entire shape and muscle profile has changed. So, it's hard to say. I wear size 35 pants now, weighing 232 pounds. Assuming 20 pounds per pant size, that would put me at a size 31 at my supposed goal of 190 (which seems a bit ridiculous). But if we assume a goal of 190, then I'm 62% of excess weight lost.

Month 3 and 4 were 10 pounds per month, Month 5 is like 6. If we assume this downward trend of weight loss, I should make goal in a total of 18 months.

When I feel like it. I would say about 4 times a day, but I don't really think about it. Sometimes if I ate late the night before I don't eat until noon or later. And they aren't ever really meals. It's more of a little taste here and there.

It's getting to be a bit more, I guess, but at about the 4.5 month stage I really figured out where my limits were and stopped getting the pains. I surprised myself by eating most of two chicken legs the other night, and I can eat about 1.5 pieces of thin crust pizza if I throw most of the crust away. I can eat a whole package of soda crackers. And if I really try I can eat two scoops of ice cream, but it makes me feel lousy. The biggest change is that I cannot handle spicy foods well, and I used to love spicy foods. Obviously, slider foods slide better.

I hardly ever take my Vitamin, and I should probably get back on the acid blocker. Pill free. I don't do Protein shakes either.

Probably less than 65 grams. I try to eat higher in protein than a normal person. But I don't think about it much. I did this surgery to have to stop obsessing over food. I DON'T count calories. God forbid I ever have to again.

How much Water you are actually getting down each day.

Tons, lots. A bottle with me at all times. Makes a huge difference. Often it is crystal light or ice tea, but at least 2 liters a day.

Not enough. I should have started sooner. At 4 months I joined a gym, and that was eye-opening. For the guys out there, I used to bench 235 for 10 reps...now I struggled with getting 185 up 10 times. On all my weight routines I'm down between 35 and 50% of where I was. But I don't tire as easily, and the cardio is easier. I'm hoping that it comes back more quickly. I'm more active normally in my life though, taking the stairs rather than the elevator, running the stairs rather than struggling up them, going to the beach more, etc. That probably helps out with the caloric budget.

Better. It was pretty lousy at ~ 300 lb. Moving was tiring and I was probably suffering from sleep disorders. I feel pretty great now. I feel about 10 years younger. Testosterone levels must be substantially higher. That can be a two edged sword.

Love this thread, will post when I'm further out. I hope this thread gets tagged or pinned so more people will add to it. Very neat to find all the info. in one place!

I'm 5 weeks 4 days post op. I weighed 211 pre-op and have lost 37 lbs. I have no idea what the percentages are. My goal weight is 125.

2 oz, 4- 6 times a day, so anywhere between 8-12 or 14 oz a day.

Generic Prenatal chewable Vitamins, Vitamin D3 2000 iu, B Complex, Biotin, Generic Acid Reducer

I usually get in between 80g - 100g a day, I use Protein Shots, Protein Shakes from GNC, and all high protein meats, fish and greek yogurt. I also add unflavored Protein powder to just about everything I can think of.

Between 40oz to 70oz a day. It varies depending on how full I feel after eating.

I usually walk about 2-3 miles a day, every day.

My energy level is high, and I contribute it to the fact that I feel like I can actually move again since losing a few lbs.