Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I eat and feel good inside again?

How long did it take for you to feel like you could eat normally? Just eat whatever you wanted and not feel gross inside or crampy or anything bad. I keep waiting for that day when I can eat something yummy and in a small portion and not feel pain or sick afterwards. I was sleeved on march 7th.

I FEEL THE SAME way! it seem like i can nolonger enjoy food! even if its smaller portions! I think that we need more time I hope that is the case!

It probably takes a couple of months.

I can eat quite a bit more than I could @ nearly 2 years. I feel like I eat quite normally now. I eat salad with chicken breast mixed in, pizza occasionally,

really anything I want.

In the beginning, I would rather drink a Protein drink because eating was just

too much trouble. I wasn't really interested in solid food even though I had

moved through all the stages of the post op diet.

I am hoping that is the case. Sometimes food is too much trouble. I just get these cravings for stuff so I try them out. Just a bite or two and then the feeling hits. That yucky sick feeling like... Ugh I shouldnt have eaten that! So I guess I need to heal more and get farther down the path. Thanks for the advice. I am still learning and finding what works and what doesnt.

Well, I am 4 months out, and I still feel gross after eating. I don't overeat, by any means. I eat, maybe, a cup of food at a sitting. I take my time. I chew thoroughly. I eat Protein almost exclusively. However, after I have eaten, I feel sick. I have not vomited once since surgery and I am not in specific pain. I just feel sick and almost like I need to lie down for a bit after I eat. For this reason, I do not eat actual food at work, for fear of not being able to teach my afternoon class. I just drink a Protein Drink. But even that makes me very full very quickly, and I never finish a little carton.

Other that the sicky feeling after eating, I feel great and have lots of energy. Enough that I walk 5.5 miles every day.

But, I do want to be able to eat something without this sick feeling. At least at some point in the near future...

That is exactly how I feel. Like I have to lie down or something!! It is so weird. I don't want to be like this forever. I also have to burp or feel like I have to burp after I eat. So strange! I guess we all have to get through this in order to get to our goal. Listen to our bodies. Just sucks sometimes.

That 'have to burp' feeling is my new full feeling. When I feel like that, I know to stop eating.

I am four months out and I feel pretty good when I eat just about anything. The trick for me is going slow and really listening for the full clue. It took about 3 months to get to where eating was just eathing and not having to put a lot of mental effort into.

Still LOTs of gurgling and burping,, doc says that is for life :( (but it is not as loud as it use to be)

Yep, I agree--needing to burp is a stop sign for me too. I always eat the Protein first, then veggies, then carbs if I have room left, except I do sometimes have half a sandwich on carb control bread--usually egg salad or meat and cheese. I am 10 weeks postop, and still have trouble with beef, and try to stay away from Pasta and rice (which I love! :() But I do have a little mashed potato or potato chunks in Soup. For snacking I have beef Jerky or cheddar cheese sticks, or if I want crunch, baby carrots with low-fat ranch dressing. I also have tried carb-control wheat tortillas for wrapping egg and sausage or chicken strips, but the tortillas sit heavily on my stomach. I usually can't finish even a small one. My friends know about my surgery, so they are very supportive. I try to just stay away from appetizers altogether. I am a slow loser, but I prefer it that way. Maybe losing slower will encourage my skin to snap back better. One can only hope!

At almost 12 weeks, I can eat anything (that i have tried so far). I do have more restriction in the AM. I try to keep an eye on the portions, so I don't go over the top, but really, I have almost never gone over the top. I eat about 2 1/2 ozs of dense Protein, and then some other stuff, I can eat almost a cup of salad greens, or a 1/2 cup of noodles (once in a while), or 1/2 cup of veggies or one egg with 1/2 english muffin. Then I am done.

I thought if you are burping -it means you are eating or drinking to fast- I think I read that somewhere and the guy at work who had the DLS surgery- BURPS loudly all the time- he says its from sucking down his food. So- maybe try eating even ssssllllooweeerrr.

The burping, gas, gross feeling literally went away from one day to the next. I was about 8 weeks post op. I can empathize with you feeling down. That was a terrible feeling. I dreaded eating food. Now I eat fine, I don't eat until I am "full." I now can gauge the portion to eat until satisfied. I stay full for hours and don't even need Snacks anymore.