Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 10.All this for eighteen pounds.

The scale hasn't moved in about five days. I keep wondering if this is going to mean I am a fast or slow loser. You know you go through this massive decision/risk and then the next thing you're thinking about is how great life is going to be at your target weight when you're all healed up and it's a million years from now. In between is me and Mr. Tantrum, my new stomach.

Mr. Tantrum has really put up with a lot but it's just strange to relate to a nutrition-absorbing device that is so touchy and disinterested in food. It's like having a baby. Does it want a little more juice? Why is it crying? Is it lonely? Does it want to watch Barney on TV? What if we give it some whiskey? Maybe if we got it a prescription for medical marijuana just to keep it calmed down...

Is that so wrong?

I love your analogy !

It's like that for the first few weeks. Lots of noise, lots of bubbles, burping, farting - that is the experience for the first few weeks until you are healed and can get some normal food in there.

I only weigh about once every 2 weeks. You will drive yourself crazy weighing every day. You are still processing Water from surgery. Your insides are swollen because they are not yet healed. Try to concentrate on hydration and the weight will figure itself out.

Lara

I think it means you are expecting too much too soon and are being whiney. (in the nicest way---because I was pissy like you at first, too) -18lbs in 10 days....really??? almost 2 pounds a day??? I can't find a thing wrong with that.

I think it means you are expecting too much too soon and are being whiney. (in the nicest way---because I was pissy like you at first, too) -18lbs in 10 days....really??? almost 2 pounds a day??? I can't find a thing wrong with that.

Oh me either. I'm just bored and not being able to eat is annoying.

However I was pissy before also when I weighed twenty more pounds than this and I probably would weigh that or more for the rest of my life. People who are recovering from surgery should be put on an island somewhere until they're ready come out and be civil.

I should say I decided to start sharing my daily musings, first because nobody else is even going to get what I'm talking about but also I thought it might help people who are about to do this. It's kind of amazing to me that after blowing off insurance, getting on a plane and going to a foreign country and having my stomach resected the only thing I'm really bothered by ten days later are these minor nonsensical complaints you could just as easily have if you had the flu, or shingles or an ingrown toenail. The worst thing about flying home three days after surgery was that I hated the movie.

The worst thing about right now is that I don't even want any yogurt. I know thousands of people who would kill to have this problem, you know?

The scale hasn't moved in about five days. I keep wondering if this is going to mean I am a fast or slow loser. You know you go through this massive decision/risk and then the next thing you're thinking about is how great life is going to be at your target weight when you're all healed up and it's a million years from now. In between is me and Mr. Tantrum, my new stomach.

Mr. Tantrum has really put up with a lot but it's just strange to relate to a nutrition-absorbing device that is so touchy and disinterested in food. It's like having a baby. Does it want a little more juice? Why is it crying? Is it lonely? Does it want to watch Barney on TV? What if we give it some whiskey? Maybe if we got it a prescription for medical marijuana just to keep it calmed down...

Is that so wrong?

\As is happens, I HAVE a prescription for medical marijuana but it seems to me that , while it ight calm you down a bit, it would also make you HUNGRY....really really HUNGRY.

Is that so wrong?

Mr Tantrum will eventually pass through the terrible twos and become a well behaved member of the family, don't worry :-)

Jane xx

I'm laughing so hard I think I just woke up my husband in the next room!

I got sleeved 4 days before you, so am in about the same place. I decided to only weigh once a week - less likely to freak out. I have not tried the CVS Protein - maybe it really has fish guts in it - LOL. I got samples of the nectar Naturals, glad I just got samples because while the taste is ok I am very sensitive to smells - and it smells like dirty socks (really old sweaty dirty socks). The smell alone would make you gag. I got some of the Chike Protein, it comes in individual packets. I really like the strawberry mixed with SF cheesecake pudding.

I am really bored as well, it is very easy to just not eat at all. But, if you take in no calories your body will assume starvation and shut down the metabolism all together. I saw this when I transitioned from Clear liquids to full liquids, I did not start to lose again until on full liquids. As well, I am going back to work on Monday - we will see how it goes - as long as it takes me to eat, I am thinking of just taking a Protein Drink for lunch.

I too went to Mexico - TJ with Dr. Kelly - and have been relatively ok emotionally with my family. They are both gone for the weekend though, so it is just me and the dogs and 4 inches of snow!! Poor fruit trees. I am hanging in there with you. Jean

I'm waiting for today's thread Ms. Crosswinds and impatiently drumming my fingers....

I need to start thinking of names for my pouch...everyone will take the good ones if I don't LOL

I was looking at all the juices and Protein shakes at Walmart last night and thinking...wow. This will be hard. V8 smoothies look pretty good. not much Protein but maybe the thickness has a good smell and you can mix in some dirty sock and fish protein with it ....

Your tummy is so confused right now. It has no clue wth you just did to it.

I personally struggle with a lack of desire to eat. So...I set my timer to remind me to eat. And when I do eat, I make sure the flavor is strong, this helps entice me.

Keep going, and day by day Mr. Tantrum will chill out a little more. rolleyes.gif

BTW VSGers have a sleeve. RNYers have a pouch. wink.gif

I need to start thinking of names for my pouch...everyone will take the good ones if I don't LOL

I was looking at all the juices and Protein shakes at Walmart last night and thinking...wow. This will be hard. V8 smoothies look pretty good. not much Protein but maybe the thickness has a good smell and you can mix in some dirty sock and fish protein with it ....

Your tummy is so confused right now. It has no clue wth you just did to it.

I personally struggle with a lack of desire to eat. So...I set my timer to remind me to eat. And when I do eat, I make sure the flavor is strong, this helps entice me.

Keep going, and day by day Mr. Tantrum will chill out a little more. rolleyes.gif

My first NUT put in my records that she thought I would "test" my new stomach too soon and needed to be counciled about how dangerous that would be.

I am a super chicken and that is one thing I KNOW I will never do. It takes me 3 days to work up the nerve to try a new med when it's been prescribed...like stuff for blood pressure.

The first NUT left the practice and the second one, after my second visit with her, put in my records I was advised to buy a timer so I would remember when

to eat. I am going to do that, it's on my list for next week's shopping, my last before surgery. Your comment reminded me of that whole episode.

And it tell people who are reading here to know themselves and be honest with themselves while going through this process. Those who are giving advise and guidance are only guessing. Only you really know yourself.